Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/222/145

Height: 5'4"

Default The Slimdown Fresh Food Delivery

I joined the fresh meals delivery service "The Slimdown" (I got the link from the 3FC news letter). They spent a lot of time with me going over my history, goals, etc. and they delvier ALL of my food for the day. Tuesday was the first day of meals. Tuesday and Wednesday, I couldn't even finish my meals, it seamed like I was getting too much food. I called customer service on Thursday morning and discussed my profile to make sure I wasn't getting too many calories. They told me I was getting 1400 calories a day. They said I should try to eat as much as I could and to touch base next week.

Then, yesterday I wasn't satisfied all day and last night had some berries about an hour before going to bed (it's very hard for me to sleep when hungry). This morning I was starving - had a great breakfast and lunch, but by 2:00 I was hungry again, so I had half of my afternoon snack (meant for about 3:30 - 4:00). I called to find out about the change. I thought maybe I'm getting too many carbs or some refined carbs (we agreed no refined carbs when I started). They told me that they had made no changes to my profile and that if I was still not getting enough to satiate my hunger by next week, they might add 50 or a 100 cals.

I don't want more calories, but I also do not want to be so hungry that I go off plan. The counselors at The Slimdown seem very knowledgeable and are very helpful, but it's so strange to feel like I have no control over my meals. Has anyone else used a daily delivery system? Any ideas on why I might be feeling so hungry (nothing else in my day has changed)?

BTW - is 1400 about right for someone who want to be 145 lbs?
Thanks - Goldie
Goldia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #2  

Red face

Your calorie allowance is based on your weight now and your activity level - not what you want to weigh. To me - 1400 seems low for where your ticker says your weight is at. Maybe even by 400 calories or so. Is your activity level really low ??? There are sites you can go to and using your weight you can calculate approx. how many calories you use in a day which can help determine what you should be eating - take in less than you use. I really think 1400 sounds too low and maybe they want you to lose faster so you keep buying the service ????? JMO

btw - not sure what your insurance or financial situation is - but if you can manage it - I think a nutritionist is invaluable. I don't see one anymore but because of the one I used to see I feel I really understand carbs/proteins/fats and how to use them properly. They can give you realistic calorie goals and teach you things that you seriously never knew - reading labels - understanding fiber grams, how your body uses carbs like sugar etc. If you have health insurance you can probably get it covered with a referral from your doctor.

Last edited by witchyonadiet; 08-10-2007 at 05:54 PM. Reason: forgot something
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:09 PM   #3  

Thanks Witchy,

I am working out with a Pilates trainer three times a week (I walk to the trainer and then warm-up on the treadmill for 12 minutes before each Pilates session) and am walking 2-3 miles about 3 times a week at appx. 3.5 - 4 mph. I just have no idea what I should be doing food wise - other than good clean food and avoiding the things the doc says are bad for hypothyroid. I have actually gained 3 lbs since starting my workouts, but don't want to honor them with a change in my ticker

Does anyone know of a good site where you can calculate appx. how many calories are needed per day?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 PM   #4  

I use http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/index.html

It sounds like you are VERY active so I suspect your calories are too low. If you don't eat enough you will not lose weight either.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #5  

I will go there now. Thanks a bunch!!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:33 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchyonadiet View Post
I use http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/index.html

It sounds like you are VERY active so I suspect your calories are too low. If you don't eat enough you will not lose weight either.

What a great site!

According to my calculations (based on Fitness Jumpsite). If I were consuming 1800 cals/day I could loose 2.5 - 3 lbs a week. I have never lost that much in a week and would be ecstatic. I am going to up my cals by 400 on my own (protein shake and more veggies maybe). And see what happens. Thanks again for your help.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #7  

I am still getting the hang of posting. I deleted and resubmitted my response with quote. I will add the oatmeal and lean protein. I love oatmeal, just forgot about it! I will let you know how it works.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #8  

Your welcome !!! Definately add more veggies and whole grains are good too (oatmeal etc). Also lean protein like a few slices of deli turkey (I love Sara Lee - very low fat) rolled up with a slice of lowfat cheese or some laughing cow lite cheese spread. My favorite is a few lowfat triscuits with a wedge of the garlic herb laughing cow - tastes like that Rondele stuff !!!!