Old 08-10-2007, 12:36 PM   #1  
Christi

S/C/G: 187 / ticker / 130

Default Burnout

Ok, this one is for all of you LAWL vets...

At any point in your journey, did you get fed up with having to to WI 2-3 times per week? Did you get so tired of doing this? Tired of writing everything down? Just tired! What did you to to break the monotony?

I am so tired of going to the COD. I am so tired of writing everything down. I know it all boils down to accountability but I feel like I am being babysat and I am B O R E D!!. At the start of this, I was so in it. Nothing could stop me. I was losing an average of 3.4lbs a week!!! Now, my total average is about 1.1. It is up, down, up, down, up down... I know I am not being POP like before. I am still very conscious of what I am puting in my body but not as much as before. The difference it makes is unbelievable and it is frustrating (other choice words should be used here). I just can't get my head back in it. Any ideas, virtual kicks in the ***?? HELP!!!

Thank you, in advance!
Clue0983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM   #2  
4us
Christine-LAWL

S/C/G: 260/229/150

Height: 5'4''

I feel the same way. You know I only go once a week and that helped me a lot...I know that isn't what you are suppose to do...but it made the difference for me.
4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Christi-I think any of us thats done this for a while has at least one time felt like you do. I just got tired of "being good" all the time. Its ok to have an occasional "why cant I eat what everybody else does" pity party! You just have to step back and realize none of us are going to be on plan all the time and certainly not POP. One thing that helped me was to know that the food choices were mine to make, good or bad. The thing I like about LAWL is very little food items are forbidden. I can have pizza or choose not to. Its MY choice, not somebody telling me I cant have it. Which is more than likely going to make me want it just cause they said I cant! LOL All I know is it works if I make it work. Yes I have an occasional cheat, like icecream right out of the carton with chocolate syrup! Yikes! BUT I dont do it on a regular basis. Sometimes you just gotta have a bite of something or explode from wanting it! In the beginning I went to WI 3 times a week, just got to be too much and I cut down to 1-2. Keeping your diary is a pain in the tushie but it helps. Hang in there, it works!!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

My center closed about a year ago, and I have really missed the three weigh ins a week! The closest center is more than half an hour away, and since I was working full-time, I just quit going. Stopping in once a week was not motivating, so I decided to go it alone. Good thing I had lost almost all of my weight!

As annoying as it can be to go to the center and write stuff down, it really does help to keep you focused. I miss having a center close by!
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

Thing is, the accountability makes a difference. I need to go in more than once a week. With Weight Watchers I was going in once a week so I would eat and eat until 3 days before my next weigh in and then i would be good. Needless to say, I did not lose weight! So checking in 2-3 times per week is probably wise. Studies show that people who weigh often not only lose weight steadly but they are also more likely to keep it off. Makes sense to me! If I am constantly aware of my weight, I will be more motivated to keep in check! But that is me.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote