Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-08-2007, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Default Nike

Im seeing these commercials for these nike shoes with just a whole bunch of exersize related things. I was wondering if anyone had these, and what are they and what exactly do they do???
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

You'll have to be more specific... Is there a particular name or number for these Nikes?
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

There's a SHOX commercial running right now with the girl running thru the jungle, could that be it?

sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:56 AM   #4  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Nike has a system (called Nike+) which links exercise info to an iPod. Is that what you mean? I've seen ads in Runner's World or somewhere similar. There's a thing that goes in a special pocket in the sole of your shoes (your Nike+ shoes of course) and transmits info to your iPod - similar to having a pedometer I think. Not sure if it's any good or how useful it is, or whether it's more of a gimmick.

Jax
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

I'll never buy Nike again. When I started walking my skechers fell apart (they were old) so I bought a pair of Nike's thinking that I was the right thing by investing in a good brand name pair of sneakers. I spent the next month in almost constant tears over the blisters on my feet before finally giving up and buying a pair of Adidas. I also bought a pair of Saucony's and both the Adidas and the Saucony's have NEVER hurt my feet once...not even the first time I wore them and walked over 10k's.

Now, I wear the Nike's in the barn. *snicker*

Though, I really love the look of those Nike Shox.
goinforthegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 PM   #6  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I can't wear Nike either, they're too narrow for my feet. Whether or not you'll love them or hate them just depends on what your foot is like.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #7  
Brendansmum

S/C/G: 214/195/135

Height: 5'7"

They make a wide Nike. I used to buy them but now wear a regular 9 in the style I just got. I have a pair of New Balance which I wore out in no time and now I use my Nike for running and so far have had no trouble out of them. The Adidas are great and do seem to run a little wider. But this post wasn't about what shoes we like so that's all I have to say about that!!
Brendansmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I think the Nikes were maybe nike run. I went there website and it had this thing where you can track your run. But those Nike Shox are mighty cute
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #9  

i have the nike shox + system...i love it...it tracks your mileage, calories burned, and pace...you sync your ipod nano with the little chip thing that goes in your shoe...so you choose your workout..you can choose time or distance and you can customize accordingly...at the end of the workout it stores all your info for you on your ipod then when you have time you connect your ipod to your computer and go to nike.com and it will download your workouts into your nike site...at your nike site it will graph it out for you..show you your progress...help you to increase your workouts..things like that...i think its great...also, just so you know...i was told by one of the shoe salesman that fit me for my nikes was t hat you dont necessarily have to have the nike shox+ to use the system..he said buy the sensor package ($30) and use one of those pocket things that runner use (it laces into the shoes and it will hold your key or something small like that, not sure exactly what its called) and just lace the sensor up in that and you would get the same result as having it in the shoe...without buying the shoe!...again i dont use it that way but was told it can work that way...good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 349/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

i dont know if they are the nike shox, but i have a pair and i absolutely love them.
glassmenagerie is offline   Reply With Quote