The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 08-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #1  
One Day at a Time

S/C/G: 305/299/175

Height: 5ft 7 in

Default The Biggest Loser Workout Video

Does anyone do this video? I just did it for the first time today and feel great. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow but WOW I can see how they lost the weight so fast. I am just hoping I will be able to keep it up.

I would love to hear results from others that have been using it.

Thanks
Michelle
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 11''

I havent tried the video yet, but I do love the cookbook they have!
Old 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #3  
Want to be thin!

S/C/G: 156/146/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm anxious to hear how people like it too. Can you tell me the basics of the workout? Is it intermediate? Cardio and weights? What's it like?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:34 PM   #4  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I have both of them and love them both. Pretty tough workouts for just a short time! If you've got knee problems the first one is probably not for you as you do alot of lunging and squating. Both videos you can tailor your workout to what you want, whether it be light aerobics, strength training or high intensity or bootcamp style. The second one even has a little ball action going. They always get me sweating and it took quite awhile before I could even do the entire low impact workout on the first one without having to pause and catch my breath.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:34 PM   #5  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I just bought TBL "The Workout" DVD last week and it is a butt and thigh killer! I have just recently started exercising 3-4 times a week using my elliptical and weight videos, but wanted some variety. I have been watching a lot of TBL and thought to give the DVD a try. Let me tell you, I did the low-intensity cardio workout, and it kicked my butt! I like it because it has a 5 minute warm-up, 25 minutes of cardio, plus a good cool down. There are a lot of lunges and squats which made my butt and legs hurt, but I knew the soreness was a good sign of my muscles working. I have also tried the strength and sculpt portion, and enjoyed it. I will continue to use the video and hope to get as much out of it as possible. I do recommend buying it if you like a quicker workout but get the feeling you just worked out for an hour.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #6  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I did it last year for about 3-4 months.

The lunges and squats are killer, but you know I progressed really fast using it and I'm not exactly skinny. The key is to just go down as far as you can manage and you will strengthen up and be able to do the full squats lunges within a few months.

When I stopped doing it I could do all the squats and my lunges probably could have used improvement but I didn't want to stress my knees too much. I even tried the advanced workout a few times at the end there.

Anyway it's not the most exciting workout but its effective and it didn't bore me too much after using it a few months.

I progress from there to the Jari Love DVDs for weight training.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 PM   #7  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

I have the first one and LOVE it. It's like 3 DVDs in one, since you can select different workouts. I also love that you can do a short, 30 min workout - so many dvds are 1 hour or nothing. Definitely worth the $10 it costs on Amazon! I'm buying the 2nd one now.
If I could only get my 3 yr old to keep the family room cleared enough to work out in!
Kim