General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:32 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default College Football

With college football just around the corner I thought it was time to start a COLLEGE FOOTBALL ONLY thread. That way we can keep it separate from the PRO FOOTBALL one my dear friend MICHELE started.

I am a huge USC fan. I rooted for them as a kid back in the O.J. days ~ followed them through the Ricky Bell ~ Charles White days when my girlfriend went to school there. The Marcus Allen years. I have been to a couple of Rose bowl games...way back.

My son grew up a USC fan thanks to my brainwashing and a love for them himself. Because of his love and following of USC football, a few years back he was able to make conversation with a very pretty girl during a "meet and greet" for students working on their teaching credential. She graduated from USC and was a cheerleader there. I will never forget the day he came home and told me about her...thanking me for "encouraging" him to be a USC fan, so he had something to talk about.

The love of USC football was something that my dad and I had to share together...as well as many of my friends. I could not begin to tell you how many game day parties we have had over the last 40+ years with family and friends. My son actually called me today to tell me that his tickets for the games he is going to this year came in.

WE have had a great run, the last 5 years...it looks like we will continue to have good seasons for a few more to come, with the talent we have. Maybe even another NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

WELCOME ALL COLLEGE FOOTBALL FANS!

Oh...that pretty girl my son met from USC...she is my daughter in law
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Default College Football

WVU ALL THE WAY!! I love college football so much! I can't wait for the season to start. Last year I got to go to all kinds of great games cause I was in the Pride of WV Marching Band. Prime seats for the Gator Bowl . This year though I am a senior and too busy for the band, but not too busy for the games. I am already saving for whatever bowl game we go to. Also, I am legally able to have fun in the student section this year It's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait!

~EZ - My family is the same way, my dad and his two brothers both went to WVU, along with my mom, my brother, many other family members, and my best friends from high school. I also met my wonderful boyfriend of nearly two years here! I was always told that I bled blue and gold and I definately believe it! I love hearing stories about how people met their SO at college. It just seems like the perfect place.

I have to say though I have watched some USC football and you guys are amazing! I was so hoping that we were going to go to the Rose Bowl last year I would've loved to come out that way and not only be in the Rose Parade (my favorite!!!),but be at the game. It was funny because all kinds of people that I knew were getting ready to buy tickets to come out there. We are a traveling team. At the Gator Bowl this year there were more Mountaineers there than people from Georgia lol!

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 08-03-2007 at 11:48 PM. Reason: adding
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:17 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Welcome BECKY ~ I wish YOU were in the Rose Bowl last year and we were in the National Championship game...but that dang cross town rival of ours UCLA took us out of it! The Rose Bowl game and parade are really neat to be a part of.

Looking forward to many visits with you! It was a very long time ago...35 years...but I do remember the student section of the SC games...way cool!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 AM   #4  

Default re

I would love actually playing a challenging team. Our first few games these past couple of years have been pathetic. They are more or less like scrimages. I enjoy the student section, it's a lot of fun to be there. I have say all over the stadium but so far I have to say the student section is the best. My dad says he thought that too at the time, but I tried to get him to sit there with me cause i can get guest tickets and he said no way he would take his ticket over in the regular part lol. I guess once you get older it's not as much fun being with the drunken college kids
Old 08-04-2007, 12:36 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Us OLD guys just don't have the energy anymore Kiddo!
Old 08-04-2007, 01:05 AM   #6  

Default re

Well there are times that I don't have energy for the student section either.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 AM   #7  
Pending Email Confirmation

just like to chime in and say GO DUCKS!

doesn't mean much to me but it does to my hubby - he's got his tix all ready.
lizziness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #8  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Go Big Red! Gotta love my huskers. I've had to be pretty quiet in the past few years because they haven't been the team of old, but hopefully they're coming back. It's kind of tough living in CU Buff country, but I still remain true to the huskers.

I have to say that USC has been absolutely amazing over the recent years.

I think this is good to have a separate thread for college football. Mixing with the pro talk makes it confusing!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

SEPTEMBER 15th DIANE mark it on you calendar...

IT'S ON GIRL!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 PM   #10  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

I have to go with the Gators. Hubs is a huge fan and he never misses a game.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydegirl View Post
I have to go with the Gators. Oh you do do ya? Are you always this hard to get along with? Hubs is a huge fan so~ get your own team and he never misses a game.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:05 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

I've been excited as the mornings have had just a little bite to them, enough to say football's coming! So, I had to chime in for my alma maters: Washington State University and University of Southern Miss! Go Cougs/Eagles!
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

KYLIEH ~ i thought I might be rooting a little for the Cougars when I built a house in Kennewick...never could leave my TROJANS though, but could pull a little for th home team. Didn't matter...built it and sold it before football season that year

Just about everyone has USC ranked #1 ~ I sure hope they go wire to wire ~ tough having that target on you back...but...if they win out they will be CHAMPIONS!!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #14  

#3 Heck yeah. The only time in our schools history to be ranked 3rd in the preseason. Woohoo....go WVU!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

woohooo clyde girl. LETS GO GATOR!!!!! LETS GO GATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo..i LOVE college football...however my new job may prevent me from seeing at lot of games...but i'll catch as many as i can!!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote