Old 08-06-2007, 09:11 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Talking 08/06/07 Alli, Please Support Here

Good Monday morning to all of you! Here is the new weekly thread. Congrats to those who had super losses and those who are battling and winning the weight fight. Please go back and read through what you may have missed in the end of the last thread and post your successes and failures here. We are all in this together and we are here to support each other. THANKS!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #2  

Thanks so much to all who have given me support! I know it isn't my WI day, but I weighed this morning just to check things out. I lost the 2 pounds that I was up at the offical WI last Thursday, AND I have lost an additional 2 pounds! I am excited!!! I plan to continue journaling everything at that other site to keep me going, and I also plan to continue making good choices. Most of all, I'll keep taking the little blue pill. I ate cheerios, splenda, and 1% milk for breakfast, so I'm not taking a pill for that though.

I hope my enthusiasm will continue!!
Good luck to everyone, and welcome to this week's thread!

I'm off to change my tracker!
(By the way, I have about 40 more to lose, so I'm not that close to making my goal. I'm just doing it in 10 pound increments.)
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:23 AM   #3  
Gettin Closer!!

CONGRATS TAMMY!!! That is wonderful that you lost the 2 plus 2 more!!! WOWSERS! I didnt take my pills yesterday or this morning, but I had cereal/lowfat milk also, that was only about 5 grams of fat. But at lunch I will be back on them. I really screwed up yesterday, well Saturday AND Sunday! I had a BAD WEEKEND. I have allergies and when they act up (even when I take my medicine) I get SO HUNGRY that I can not help EAT! I did try to make better choices though so that helped. But I did over do it to. I didnt get my water/fluids in this weekend so I dont show a loss this week, but I think in 2-3 days when I get my fluid levels back up I will be ok again. I am feeling a little puffy today after all this anyways.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  

Hi all -

I am having no luck with weight loss. I lost 2.5 pounds a couple of weeks ago, but have gained it all back. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and going to ask for blood tests to rule out anything medical. I've been going to a weight loss program at a local hospital since March and have lost and gained the same 2 pounds that whole time. I've been committed to calorie counting and watching fat since June and nothing is happening. I'm so frustrated. I'm going to have blood work done and if nothing shows up there, then the hospital will test my metabolism to see if I have a genuinely slow metabolism, and then I will have to cut even more calories from my diet.
Laurelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:08 PM   #5  

I didn't do great this weekend. I did eat low-fat but I had a lot of carbs and too much sugar. Does anyone else run into this problem? How should I deal with this?

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:27 PM   #6  

Height: 5'3

Hi all and happy Monday!! I'm on Day 4 today. I didn't take my pill this morning as I'm have some 'consious sedation' dental work today and they told me no medications the day of. Otherwise, I ate better this weekend than any weekend in recent memory. I'm crossing my fingers that the modifications I've made along w/ the DBP (darlin' blue pill) will do the trick to finally get me through my end game.

Tammy - I'm so stoked for you! Congrats! I was thinking of you this morning when I weighed and noticed I was up a pound from my initial loss. Just water fluctuations, I'm sure and my official weigh-in day is not until next Sunday - but I'm still a daily weigher - I like to see the fluctuations and I'm pretty good about not letting them get to me.

Gina - I consider myself a sugar and processed carb addict. Any amount will trigger severe craving reactions in me that just snowball into a bingefest. Therefore, I've had to all but eliminate those things from my diet. Even just one cookie can send me into a downward spiral that lasts the rest of the day. I've found substitutes that help take care of sugar/chocolate fixes. If I do eat something sweet - like a piece of cake, I make sure to quickly follow it with something high protein to counteract the sugar high/crash that results. But I try to keep those events to a minimum and hopefully they will be reduced even further now w/ Alli.

Laurelle - good idea on the tests. No harm in ruling things out and if you indeed find a medical cause, then that can be addressed. Keep us posted

StillTryin - Thanks for getting the thread started and glad to hear you're back on the wagon. Put the weekend behind you and focus on having a great week!
Travellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #7  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

I haven't weighed in yet - will do it tomorrow.
StillTryin - sorry to hear about your allergies. My kids have been fine all summer but then 2 of 3 have been hit by allergies last week. ltchy eyes, stuffy sinus'. Hope you are feeling better!
Laurelle - I hope the doctor's are able to pinpoint the problem. I had lots of blood tests and while I do have PCOS, mainly I just have a sluggish metabolism. I have to count my calories carefully and exercise like Oprah (in the morning and in the afternoon). I've been having a tough time during the summer to schedule 2- 30 minute workouts a day, so I was hoping Alli would take up the slack...I guess I'll find out tomorrow on the scale. Good luck!
Tammy-congrats on your big loss!
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:13 PM   #8  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday Morning Alligators...I'm rip roaring and ready to have the best week yet! NOTHING is going to hold me back! Weighed in this morning and was the same as i was last week so good news there, shocking, but good. I might even get to report a loss before my official weighin which I would like to change to friday.

Tammy...way to go!!! Almost to that 10 lb goal!! You can do it!!!

Stilltryin....10 more lbs!!! You are almost there!!! I have bad allergies too, the fires and all this smoke really have them kicked up my face feels like a balloon! I hope you get relief soon!

Laurelle...I'm sorry you are so frustrated, I think seeing the doctor is the best thing you can do right now...figure out whats wrong. Good luck and let us know what you find out!

Gina...the good thing is todays a new day! Carbs really are your friend, carbs = energy. The trick is getting the good carbs, which is so hard in our society with all the processed stuff. They add sugar when they make things lowfat and we end up paying the price. Whole foods is the way to go, and the longer you eat that way the less your body craves the others stuff.

Travellin...I didnt realize you were from Phoenix, lived there for about 10 years, dont miss the heat AT ALL! good luck at the dentist today! That is one of my biggest fears in life!

Brightside...I'll keep my fingers crossed for some FANTASTIC news tomorrow!!

Alright alligators, off to take my measurements and start my journal...its going to be a GREAT week!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 01:17 PM   #9  
Gettin Closer!!

Laurelle-That darn metabolism is so fussy! I had mine tested 1 year ago and it was depressingly slow. I honestly do not know how I lose weight at all with it. Good luck with the tests I hope they help you.

Gina-I also had a bad weekend! It happens, try to not beat yourself up about it. Start fresh today and get past it. I would drink plenty of fluids to help flush out any extra sodium that you may have taken in. That is what I am trying to do today and tomorrow. Besides a little extra water never hurt anyone....lol

Travelin-Yep I am going well today again, so I hope it was just a mementary goof and didnt cost me a lot in the weight dept! Good luck at the dentist!

Brightside-
I only get allergies from Aug-Oct. It is harvest time and that grain dust and late polinating weeds really get me. I usually get an allergy shot and forgot to get it last time I was at the Dr. Since he is like 90 minutes away I will have to suffer it out this year. OH WELL! Thank god for Claritin, that helps a little.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #10  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelle View Post
Hi all -

I am having no luck with weight loss. I lost 2.5 pounds a couple of weeks ago, but have gained it all back. I'm going to the doctor on Friday and going to ask for blood tests to rule out anything medical. I've been going to a weight loss program at a local hospital since March and have lost and gained the same 2 pounds that whole time. I've been committed to calorie counting and watching fat since June and nothing is happening. I'm so frustrated. I'm going to have blood work done and if nothing shows up there, then the hospital will test my metabolism to see if I have a genuinely slow metabolism, and then I will have to cut even more calories from my diet.
Hi Laurelle,

I am right with you here. I lost weight previously when I was not exercising. After I started a good routine, I just can't lose anything, or lose and gain the same lb over and over.

I've been taking Alli for three weeks with no results. I feel that I was not eating enough calories, and aim for my goal each day. I hope it makes a differences come weigh in day. If you are already watching your intake and targets, then you are on the right path. Hopefully, the tests will uncover something for you.

My only advice is to not give up! I wish you all the best in your journey.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:13 PM   #11  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Well I am down another 2 pounds. I think it was the added exercise. Hopefully it will continue!

Tammy - Way to go! Yeah!!!!!!

Laurelle - I am sure that it is ag reat disappointment to not be losing for so long. Hopefully the docotr can figure out what's going on.

Sorry to hear about the bout with the allergies. I have them real bad and take allergy pills daily. I usually end up with one to two sinus infections a year and loss of voice due to allergies. They are not fun!

Gina - I have a carb problem myself! That's why I am doing low carb/low fat. One taste of baked bread and I can't quit!

Hope everyone has a great day. Today is my anniversary, so i know the hubby will want to go out and eat Will have to make good choices for sure!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:26 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/209/155

Height: 5'7"

Day 3 on Alli. I went to a cookout this weekend and was surprised at how well I controlled myself! I do find the amount of food and calories they recommend you consume a bit difficult for me to keep up with. I'm from the school of starvation. Which is prolly why I haven't had much luck losing. I'm going to try it the Alli way and consume 1600 calories a day. I guess we'll see come Friday when I weigh myself.
NICKLES077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #13  
Gettin Closer!!

Nickels, looks like you are off to a great start with 11lbs lost already. Dont get discouraged with the weigh in's. I know it took me 3-4 weeks of Alli to see any results! It was hard to stick with it since you EXPECT something to happen. Good luck with weigh in, we are all rooting for you. Also CONGRATS for handling the BBQ well!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #14  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Katallan...way to go on the loss!!! that is GREAT news!! And Happy Anniversary! Just keep thinking about that amazing loss to drive you to make good choices tonight with dinner. Good luck!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #15  

Stilltryin, thanks!! You know you messed up over the weekend and why you did, so now you are back on track and doing what will help you.

Laurelle, I think having the blood work done and possibly the metabolism tested is a smart idea. Keep us posted on what the results are, ok?

Gina, I've been trying to have some protein everytime that I have something with carbs. I don't know if it's helping, but it seems to help to balance things out.

Travelin, I'm pretty much a daily weigher too. Have been for years. Hard to break old habits, isn't it? And thanks, by the way!! Not taking the medicine before your dental work is a smart thing.

Brightside, thanks and good luck on the scales tomorrow!!

Melissa, I can't wait to pass that 10 pound goal and aim for the next 10! When is your offical weigh in? Mine is on Thursday. You are so positive, so I know it will be a great week!!

Katallan, congrats on the loss!! And thank you!! Happy Anniversary!! I hope you enjoyed your dinner.

Nickles, I'm going to a cookout on Wednesday, so I'll try to follow your direction and make some wise choices. Good luck at your weigh in.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote