Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #1  

Default August 6-August 12

Lets try this again. I tried to post but then all my text was deleted.
I pre-journaled my breakfast plan for the week. Have a fabulous day
Training for a marathon really makes me so hungry. So on training days I have a full starch (1 bagel) with 3 TBS of peanut butter. Enjoy your week. Iwill check in tonight.
amy2liz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #2  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All! Had a busy but great weekend which means I didn't have time to post. I'll catch up on the weekend's conversations and do personals later.

Friday after the disappointing WI I went out for pizza and had a couple of liquid starches...forgot all about the veggies I still needed to eat BUT got right back on track and have POP the rest of the weekend (first time in a long time on a weekend). Even got in some exercise

Hope everyone has a wonderful and POP day!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #3  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Question

GM all and heres to a POP week.

Since I have been on the new Feel Full Menu plan and dropped down to a 1 (old Green) I am hungry (and tired of being hungry). I can make it most days, but the struggle is getting old.

So here is my question. I have this week and next of weight loss weeks left before I have to purchase more at $12.00 per week (min of 4) or start the stabalization and maintenance for $99.00. I am ~15 pounds from goal, but I am so tired of being hungry. I am pretty happy where I am, but I would probably be happier at goal. Its not about the money, its about the hungar and stretching out my food for the day. Your advice and opinions appreciated.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:59 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Amy.. The point of the "feel full" plan is just that, right? What do your counselors say about feeling hungry all the time?

Usually, when I used to complain about feeling hungry, they suggested eating another portion of green veggies, or adding an medium orange when I ate my lites twice a day. At 50 cals., it was a good suppliment.

Hey all!! Welcome to a new week... I was a bit shocked to see a gain this morning on the scales, but I think my on-again, off-again relationship with regularity has something to do with it...

Lovely conversation first thing in the morning, eh?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Amy,
Would you remind us what your daily servings are for Plan 1? That will probably help us to give you some suggestions.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 AM   #6  
DixieChick

Dan: Thats just it, the COD is not offering any suggestions other than to use the suggested higher fiber options of which I am already doing. At least one from each group on a daily basis. I might note that I am already fudging on the veggie and fruit portions already an extra one a day if I have to. THe point is, I don't want to do that, but I guess you have to do what you have to do. I am still losing in doing that, so I may just add it to the plan and be done with it.

Lynn: My servings are: 2P, 2V, 2F, 2S, 1Fa, 1D, 2 Lites. Boy that extra veggie and extra fruit from the gold plan sure did make a difference. I also use the SF jello and will probably start using the FF Broth on a daily basis to see if this helps, but Like I said, I am tired of being hungry all the time.

Last edited by aguerin; 08-06-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:56 AM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Amy - Not a good answer from me, but unless you are getting remarkable service from your COD, I would not pay $12 a week...lots of folks here have added on to their plans for $5 a week. Try to negotiate with your COD for a MUCH better rate.

Dan/Liz - have fun this week. Enjoy your trip (to Denver, right??)

Mama Nicole - (a little late, but I'm sure you are still celebrating!!

Liza -- I can see it now..."Loo Repairs by Liza." What's replacing the carpet? I agree..carpet in the bathroom (other than throw rugs) just doesn't seem right.

Had a POOP weekend while in Chattanooga and a wedding...but back on track. Scale is evil. That's all I'm going to say. Got tuna made up; lots of cucumbers and tomatoes in some FF Italian dressing. I love it when I make my food the day before...life seems so much easier. Even made it to the gym this morning for a 2 mile walk/run and about 30 minutes of upper body and some ab work.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Oh, Amy, that plan sound ridiculous......you aren't even getting the daily 5 recommended by nutritional experts!!!! I am not one to go against the COD, but I would add one or two veggies. I think Dan's COD was right on the money. What do you other ladies think?

Oh, and good morning eveyone

XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #9  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Joni.........we were posting at the same time........thank you I did a whole lot of nothing yesteday......and it was really nice. Then, I got all crazy, and went to the dollar store......ALONE.....and stayed there as long as I wanted to. I know, it sounds silly to go the the dollar store as a treat, but I have the most incredible dollar store EVER. It is called Deals, and they do have some things for more than a dollar, but most things are a dollar. Anyway, it is enormous.....and it costs me a ton of money to bring my kids there with me. I had a great time just browsing and taking as long as I liked. DH was a real sport yesterday too, and let me take a long hot bath and do whatever I wanted all day long while he took care of the kids and house. It was a true day off.....and I totally enjoyed it Wow, and you didn't even ask me what I did......LOL

Did you at least have a nice time this weekend?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #10  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - I always love your stuff...so keep talking. Personally, I thought I had the best dollar store and I love going in there and taking my time...everything in my store is just $1...so it's real easy to keep track. Oh, greeting cards are 2 for $1. Guess I should have picked one up for you...oops!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 11:54 AM   #11  
DixieChick

Wink Update

I just got back from the COD for a WI and I am the same as last Wed. I told her I AM HUNGRY so she bumped me up a whole level. I think I can live off this level. I know you all know the portions, but I now get: 2.5P, 3V, 3F, 3S, 2D, 2Fa. But you know I had to tell her I was worried about gaining with adding that much food at one time.

Nicole: I have asked about specials on the add on weeks and she didn't seem to know anything about it. I haven't asked again, I guess I should.

Lynn: I think you had asked about the Lite Salt. I asked about it and she said it is no longer a requirement with this new Feel Full Menu.

Thanks for all the advice all. Ask and ye shall receive.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #12  

Happy Birthday Nicole one day late - Sounds like your kidos (Dan's term and I like it) and DH made the day great for you!!!!
Joni and Nicole - Last time I went to the Dollar store I got bottled water (6 of the 16.9 fl oz bottles) for $1.00. I also got a Family Circle and Ladies Home Journal magazines (July) for the same ridiculous price. If you ever see Avesome (as seen on TV) all purpose concentrated cleaner get some as it takes just about any stain out. It comes in a plastic bottle with a spray and the concentrate is yellow in color.

Back to Amy -
Here are some of my suggestions. Hope they help.
*Don't split your proteins - 2 oz servings are too small. I suggest that for one of your meals you have a yogurt parfait with your dairy, one fruit and fiber one cereal. Love, love, love pineapple or strawberries. I used to have this when I was on gold for either breakfast or lunch and the fiber one really stays with you. Sometimes, I would have my proteins for breakfast and lunch and the yogurt parfait for dinner.
*Have you tried Thomas lite English muffins? Loaded with fiber. If you had to you could split one and have them at different times of the day. Very filling.
*Cut your lites in two and have 4 servings instead of two.
*Cassi will say have some tea either hot or cold to sip on when you are hungry. I read that drinking either something hot or cold requires your body to bring the liquid to body temperature and that helps burn calories.
* Try to eat your vegetables raw since you have more volume to them and more crunch. My current favorite way to get my veggies in is to make a salad of a small tomato and then peppers (red, yellow or green) cut them up and add a little ff salad dressing and mix together. I like Caesar dressing.
* For lunch, try 2 TB reduced fat peanut butter on an apple.
* I have two fruits now and I miss my 3rd one so I play a mind game with myself and I split one of my fruits. For instance, I have a half a serving of blueberries at a time. You are supposed to stick with the same fruit when you split it.

Anyone else, please chime in with your ideas.......
Old 08-06-2007, 12:04 PM   #13  
FBD/8-18-08

Well, the COD's here in Virginia are now called PURE Weight Loss effective today. The commercials are the same, just the name has changed. DH will see them on Wed. to see if there are any other changes. According to them a few weeks ago, they weren't going to appointments because they don't work and they weren't changing the plans... we'll see. Our bars are still the same, at least the 5 boxes we purchased a couple of weeks ago were the same. Hopefully that won't change!
Good Sat., POOP yesterday... Having a hard time getting my mind back on track.
Hugs,
P.S. ODS lost his wallet with his debit card, 90 drivers license, driving certificate, SS# written on a slip of paper for his boss, Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion passes... Thank goodness he didn't have his check book, cash, or the kitchen sink in there...
Mom called the bank this morning and got that taken care of. Trying to figure out what to do about the SS#... looked on line and got all the major credit reporting companies but evidently other than getting a free credit report once a year, they only react AFTER someone steals your I.D.
Any suggestions?!?
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #14  

Glad to hear your news Amy.
Dollar Store again - Great place to get decorated bags and bows for wrapping presents. As we all know, if you see a great deal, get plenty and stock up because some things you will not see again.
Have a great day and a week as POP as you can get everyone!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 12:11 PM   #15  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Joni, Nicole, and Lynn - I've got to get to the $$ store. Never go there and I'm not sure why.

Nicole - happy belated birthday!

Amy - Glad you got your plan changed and hope if works for you.

Pearl - Interesting that the name changes are being staged much like they did with the new plans. I guess LAWL had recvd a lot of bad press lately so changing the name to bring in new customers is probably a good marketing ploy.

Dan and Liz - have a great trip!

Big hello to everyone else out there and hope you have a great day.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote