Old 08-04-2007, 07:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Any comments about S'Mores bars?

Hi---I buy a lot of bars on ebay, since my center closed last year and I've been "going it alone." There are a few large lots of S'Mores bars for sale. They never carried that flavor at my center, so I would like to hear some opinions before I stock up. Are they too sweet? Do they have a graham cracker layer with a marshmallow filling? I can remember being disappointed when I bought a box of the Chocolate Fudge Brownie (another flavor they don't sell in my area). They tasted very much like other flavors of the chocolate bars, with nothing resembling a brownie texture. I wish I had consulted this forum before that purchase!

Thanks in advance for any input.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 168/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I really like the Smores lites. I didn't find them to be as sweet as the Caramel (those are too sweet!) and they were really tasty. I've not had them in a while as my center has stopped carrying them, but if I remember correctly, there was very little taste of graham cracker, though it was detectable. Yummy!
curiousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:20 PM   #3  

Thanks! I think I'll give them a try.

I found that when my center would stop carrying some of my favorite flavors, I could always find them on ebay. Even my beloved Fruit&Oat bars, which have been discontinued in a lot of areas (I make sure to get the ones with the 2005 copyright, rather than 2003---ensures that you have fresh bars). I also tried, and contine to purchase, the Caramel Deluxe flavor, which they don't sell in my region.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

I looooove the s'mores, they're by far my favourite. I was told they had been discontinued altogether, and based on what I've seen on ebay, that seems to be the case; for awhile, the supply on ebay was decreasing, until one or two people started selling them in huge quantities quite recently. From what I saw, almost all of them had expiry dates of March '07, so I certainly wouldn't buy them. I bought some a couple of months ago with June and July expiry dates, and most were still good, but some were stale already, so I definitely wouldn't trust March ones, especially in such huge lots. The seller insists that they're good, but I'm not that trusting with my money, I'm afraid!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:34 AM   #5  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in, I have never tasted the LA smores bars, but I do buy the luna bar smores flavor and that is pretty good, my favorite is the vanilla almond, peppermint stick, and peanut butter. Good luck with your purchase.
Nanette
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #6  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

I just bought Smore's and Cherry Chocolate from Ebay since my center does not carry either flavor. I think they are both really yummy.

The only other flavor I like (and can buy from center) is Caramel. Others are ok just not fav's as the three mentioned above.
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

when i was doing the LAWL bars i really like the s'mores ones. i also loved the lemon and fruit and oat!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 01:13 PM   #8  

I went ahead and bought a very small quantity from the guy selling the bars with the 3/07 expiration date. If they are not as soft and moist as they should be, I just won't buy any more.

I'm glad the newer bars actually have expiration dates! I can remember when all you had to go on was the copyright date. I can remember in 2006, getting a couple of boxes of Fruit & Oat with the 2003 copyright, rather than the 2005, which the newer ones have. They were edible, but very dry. I make sure to ask now.

It is always a bummer when your favorite flavor is discontinued. I do have a lot of shake mixes, so I can switch to those when I can't find lites in my favorite flavors.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 168/153/130

I like the cherry chocolate too, but those are no longer available in my area either. I have about 5 weeks of bars left and am considering using eBay and/or purchasing Luna bars thanks to all the great feedback you all have provided! I don't post oftenn (I need to get better), but I really do get a lot from everyone else!! Thanks!!!
curiousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:07 PM   #10  

As long as you are assertive, and ask a lot of questions ("Are these bars fresh from the center?" "Do these bars have an expiration date?") you can get some great bars at a rock-bottom price. Unfortunately for some people, they have bought a ton of bars at the center, and either quit the program or (not so unfortunately) lost their weight a lot faster than they had anticipated. You see a lot of people dumping their excess bars on ebay.

I refused to buy the bars upfront, and I let the counselors know that I intended to buy a lot of the bars online. They never gave me a hard time about it. I took advantage of specials at the center, so between that and ebay, I always had a good stock.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #11  
doing LAWL since May25/07

S/C/G: 174.4/132.5/130.0

Height: 5'1"

I was just on EBay and if you like s'mores flavor there is lots of 186 bars for about $90US
NaomiZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #12  
Katy66

I loved the smores but would be careful to make sure they are fresh
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #13  

I got my bars from ebay---the ones with the 3/07 expiriation date---and mine were very soft and moist. I was hoping for more of a graham cracker crust taste, but the they taste very good. More of a real candy bar taste than some of the other flavors.

I don't know if I'll stock up, but I won't be afraid to buy another small order from that seller.