Old 08-02-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Cool Thursday Chatters for August-end of summer

Greetings to everyone,
Summer is flying by. I'm not sure if I like that.

If you are new here, we are a fantastic group.
We follow WW and weigh on Thursdays. Well, we all used to weigh on Thurs. Now some of us do it different days----but we're still all here, together, as one happy family. (You see I didn't say "big happy family.")
How has everyone been doing this week?
Tammy, have you recovered from your trip?
Amy, how is San Antonio? I'm sure you are wet!
Susan, haven't hear from you in awhile. Are you working in that shop again?
Sis, I'm so glad you are back with us.
Maureen, girl, you've got to post as well as read.
Chantal, when is your Paris trip?
Terry, how's the family? Any vacation plans?
I'm sorry if I left anyone out. Please forgive.

I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago. Female stuff.
Last night we went out for thai food. Yummy. I don't think I went over points.
Tina

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #2  

We got home last night, and I have slept off and on all day today. The trip really did a number on me. What else is new, right? I am so glad to be home! Sleeping in my own bed was wonderful. I feel bad for Tim. He has hardly been home at all this summer, and he goes back to school a week from tomorrow. He'll have percussion tryouts that day. Keeping fingers crossed that he makes it again.

I didn't gain on the trip, but I didn't lose either. My butterfly is never moving as fast as I'd like.

Tina, I've never had thai food. Might have to try it someday.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:57 PM   #3  
Susan

Hi,
I haven't been getting notices from the other thread and just realized it.

I'm doing good. My allergies are working overtime because all of the mold up here. All the rain we've had is making everything nice and green but mold doesn't agree with my allergies. We are going to have some hot days coming up... and I think with no rain.

I've been doing my spin classes but I gained this week. I was up 1 and 1/2 pounds. I think it's due to water retention. I hope.

Oh, I found out yesterday, Mitch quit. He didn't tell me and I still had sessions. I called him and left him a message. He called me back and promised he would still work out with me. I have my doubts about that!

I'm going home sometime in the next 10 days. School starts for me on the 20th and I want to see mom and dad before it starts. I'll go down for just a few days.

Hope everyone is doing good!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 AM   #4  

Susan, sorry to hear about the allergies! Tim's have been in rare form this summer because of how dry it is. When the farmers are out in the fields, and there is dust flying everywhere, Tim is a mess. We usually have the AC on mainly to help with his breathing. He says that breathing is a good thing!!

Your gain has to be water retention. With all of the workouts you are doing, it just has to be that. So Mitch quit huh? I hope he stands by what he says and works out with you. If he doesn't, we'll gang up on him. He wouldn't have a chance.

Good idea to go visit your parents before school starts. Once it starts, it's hard to get anything done.

Tim and I are planning to get some shopping done before he goes back to school. He needs a new suitcase. The zipper on the other one is having some problems. Kramer decided that he needed something to chew, so he chose the suitcase zipper. We didn't tell Bob that's what happened. I just said that it was broken. I think it will be better to buy a new one and not try to get a new zipper put on. This suitcase is the one he took to Europe a couple years ago, so it has seen some action.

Hope to hear from everyone!
Old 08-04-2007, 07:09 AM   #5  

Tim and I are headed to an outlet mall today. We've wanted to go there all summer, but we just have never made it. They have a Samsonite store, so we plan to get him a suitcase to replace what he had. I also plan to get Bob and I some new stuff. I really like the kind on wheels with the long handle out of the top. Ours are pretty old, and they don't do neat stuff like that!! The older we get, the easier we need things to be. We'll hit some other stores too, of course. Tim says there has to be a restaurant in that area, and he said he would buy! Woo hoo!!

What's everyone else up to????
Old 08-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #6  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Ladies would you mind if I joined you?

I'm Dori. A happily married mom to two kids. I teach Special Education at a middle school and I throughly enjoy it. This isn't my first time on WW's. It's different this time though. I plan on staying on the plan and I'm totally committed this time.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Dori,
We are so glad to have you here. It's nice to meet you.
I am Tina. I, too, have done WW before. I reached Lifetime in '92 but have not been at goal weight in quite some time.
I've got one grown, handsome son and one very handsome husband.

Sis, how was your week? Are you still working on weekends?
Susan, I'm glad you can go see your parents. You haven't mentioned them in some time. Is your mom eating enough now?

Tammy, oooh, I envy your trip today. I've wanted to hit the outlet malls all summer but something is always in the way.
New luggage with wheels is the only way to go. That's all we have now.

Okay, today I'm trying my best to get at least 6 glasses of just water down me.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #8  
Susan

Howdy,

Welcome to the gang, Dori! We are a fun bunch if I say so myself!!! I am a deaf ed teacher and my kids are all deaf and mentally challenged along with a few other disabilities. I too am Lifetime but haven't been at that weight in a LONG time!!

Tina, Mom is eating (I think) No one has told on her if she isn't. I'll find out.

Daddy started therapy for his Parkinsons and is going 3 times a week. Plus working out 2 times with the trainer Amy uses. I can't remember if I told ya'll but his mom is paralyzed from a wreck so he is taking it really easy with him. He is even meeting with the therapist so they can really help him. It's been one week and I am told he is already improving. YEA!!!! I can't wait to see for myself.

Tammy, funny about the wheels. I'm getting a backpack with wheels because I said I'm tired of carrying all my stuff back and forth. Plus it's on going for a ride because I never get it done when I bring it home.

We are going out for Italian for dinner to my favorite place. I'll report what I ate.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:23 PM   #9  
Susan

Tammy, thanks for having my back with Mitch. He won't know what HIT him
Old 08-04-2007, 06:02 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Oooh, Susan eat some for me, too.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #11  

Welcome Dori!!! My husband and I have a son who is starting his 2nd year of college (not crying right now, but next week I will be). I retired the end of February after 30+ years of teaching elementary school. Good luck on your weight loss journey!!! Where is Jesup, GA? We have vacationed on Jekyll Island, GA. We have a condo rented for the month of Feb. 2008. Our son was online tonight checking out the cost to fly down to visit us that month.

Tina, we were very disappointed at the mall with the luggage. It was a Samsonite store, and they also had American Tourister. Well, I was shocked at the prices! For the same piece of luggage that I found at Wal Mart and JC Penney, it was twice the price! We ended up stopping at a Wal Mart on the way home. We bought a 29" one for Tim, and a 29" one and a 25" one for Bob and me. I decided to go with 2 different sizes for us so we could store the smaller one in the larger one. Pretty smart, huh?? I've done ok on water today, but I think I'll drink some more. I need to take my vitamins, so I try to drink quite a bit. (of course then I'll be up and running to the bathroom all night)

Susan, glad to hear about your dad's therapy. Keep us posted on how things are going with them. I know several teachers who had those backpacks on wheels. They loved them!! I love Italian!!!! Yummy!!!

Tim and I ate at Boston Market today. We don't have any real close to us. We ate at one when we were in Tampa too.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #12  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

Tammy - Jekyll Island is about an hour drive from Jesup. I love it out there, but don't get there that much.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #13  

Dori, maybe when we are down there, you and I could meet up somewhere! My husband lived in Brunswick when he was in elementary school for a while. The area has really changed since then, lol.

Well, we are taking the luggage back. Bob thinks the large one is too big for us, and he might be right. I was on line at JC Penney, and I ordered us a 6 piece set. We'll give Tim the largest one, and the rest will be for us. It will be cheaper than the 3 that we bought.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #14  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
How is everyone doing?

Tammy, when does Tim go back to school? Is it tomorrow, Friday?

I'm not feeling well. Don't have much to say right now. :-(
Old 08-10-2007, 02:10 PM   #15  

Tina, I hope you are feeling better!!!

I'm doing ok but not great. Yes, Tim went back today. He should be in band rehearsals right now with tryouts to follow. He was a mess this morning. He wouldn't eat, and he kept running to the bathroom. Hope he is ok now. I thought once he got over there and was around people he knew in the band, he'd be ok. Last year we didn't find out till about midnight that he had made the band. I hope it's earlier this year because I'm a nervous wreck worrying about it. lol

Food hasn't really been the best today. Just snacking on different things instead of regular meals. I need to journal my latest. Maybe at the end of the day it won't look as bad as what I think it will be!!

I've had some messages from some of the teachers about the heat in the building. They are working in their classrooms. I am SO glad that I don't have to do that anymore!!!!