View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:14 PM   #2
zenor77

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I would suggest asking for help at your local paint store. I used to work at Lowes and there is usually at least one knowledgeable person in the paint department. Do you want to match colors in you art work (or at least pick a color to compliment them), then take it with you to the store. That makes it so much easier. Also, can you take a sample of the wood with you? Maybe a small drawer from the kitchen that pulls out?

Now, I love color! I have a red couch too. I think it might be fun to paint a neutral color to unify the rooms, but then choose one focal wall in each room and paint that a different color. Or paint the walls neutral and the ceiling a different color (unless everything is rounded, then that is a pain.)

I was going suggest a mushroom/taupe color for the neutral, but I don't know how well that'd go with the wood work. Perhaps a creamy color?

Oh, and if having the color slightly different than the swatch bothers you alot, you can buy a small amount of the paint and paint a large piece of poster board. It'll give you a more "true" idea of the color. It's hard to see how the lighting in your home will react with the color when the swatch is so tiny.

Good luck! Sorry I don't have any specific paint colors to recommend.