Old 08-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #1  
Nanette

S/C/G: 174/151.8/140

Height: 5.6

Red face Anybody gluten-free out there? Bars, recipes?

I have been doing LAWL with a friend of mine at work since February we are on different plans I am on gold w/lites and she is on Purple without lites. She has celiac disorder and has to follow a gluten free diet and she has been having a hard time lately. I was just wondering since everybody on this site is so helpful if anyone has celiac and whether or not you know of any gluten free bars she can have or any gluten free meals, she is frustrated and ready to give up and I thought I would try and help her not do that if I can.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Nanette
bahamadream10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Nanette - Under the recipes at the top of the page, under Snacks, etc...I had posted a recipe for non-soy bars that you can make at home. I sent the recipe in to the LA dietician and got the breakdown of how to count it. Your friend could buy gluten-free protein powder and use that as a substitute in the recipe. I'm not sure where you can buy it...I just did a search and it is available - maybe at health food stores?
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

I was just doing a search trying to find out if there were any places where I could buy Boar's Head products (low sodium, low fat). I went to their website - www.boarshead.com
On the website it says that their products - meats and cheeses are gluten free.
The customer service number for Boar's Head (to find out where you can find their products) is 888-884-2627.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #4  
Nanette

Thank you so much for all the info you guys always come through!
Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM   #5  

I have an allergy to gluten and wheat as well...I actually found out while I was going to LAWL centers and they were very UNhelpful. Its a very hard plan to stay on when you cant eat the lites. I have tried Luna bars and they dont bother me that much...they would if I ate 2 a day I think...but every once in a while....although they are not nearly as good as the lites. Also I have made rice pudding and she probably could have that and could it as a starch and fruit (bec of the sugar...use half of what the recipe calls for) I put LOTS of cinnamon in mine and use light soymilk. She could make chicken salad. Its very hard. How about flavored rice cakes.
twheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #6  
Nanette

Thanks for the advice, I will let her know.