Old 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM   #1  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Exclamation August NSV'S

Welcome to one of the most popular threads here at the 100lb club!

For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. It is definitely one of my favorite threads, incredibly inspiring and no, it is NOT the time to be humble!!!! It's also capable of proviking a few tears every now and then. So let's start filling er' up.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I actually posted this last night and then deleted it. I realized that August was just a few hours away and I needed something to start if off with.

I have just so many incredible NSV'S every single day, there are just too many to report. Here's a few that I just can't hold back on.

- While away this past weekend a bunch of my friends and I went out Saturday night and I put on a great new outfit. These gorgeous gray slacks, high waisted and belted and this very fitted button down shirt, tucked in. With a pair of great high heels. All things I was not able to wear in the past. When I met up with everyone, one after the other they started saying things like "Hey there Skinny." "Wow, you are looking mighty fine." "Hottttt." One of the guys made a sizzling sound. It was overwhelming. I don't remember feeling this good and this feminine and this all right I'll say it - sexy, in decades. Decades.

- The place where we went away to this past weekend is extremely hilly. In the past it was SUCH an effort for me to get around. It was utter H-E- double hockey sticks in fact. I barely moved from one location to another because of it. This time - I was all over the place. Navigating those hills like they were nothing. You couldn't keep me still. I could not believe the difference.

- DH and I went out with 2 other couples for bruch on Sunday. I ordered a tossed salad with a plain can of tuna. They were all eating mozzerella sticks, pancakes, toast, eggs, cheese omlettes, bacon, sausage, french and home fries and G-d knows what else. That's not my big NSV though. My NSV is that in the past I always made my hubby drive. I needed the front seat. Well not this time. Someone else drove and I, yes me, offered and did sit in the very back seat of a mini-van. In the past I couldn't even hoist myself up at all, yet along wiggle my way into the VERY BACK SEAT. I got myself up there with no trouble at all and had room to spare - lots of room in fact. It makes me feel so light and small.

- Those darn outdoor inexpensive lawn chairs. OH HOW I DREADED THOSE. I was always so afraid I was going to break them. I was always SO embarassed how I would stick out of the sides of them. Well not this weekend. I sat on them proudly and WITH NO FEAR. Fitting in them with ease and comfort and with TONS and TONS of room to spare.

- My daughter was with one of her very good friends who had been away for about 10 months. I went over to them and started talking. She was very polite and all, but in fact a little stand offish. My daughter later told me that when I walked away she asked her who was that woman.

- I went shopping yesterday (big surprise there). I was looking through some skirts and the woman came over to ask if I needed some help. I said I was looking for this particular skirt in a small. She said "a small will never fit you - you need the extra small." And she was right. I'm still always amazed when someone else thinks that I am tiny just by looking at me. I actually need the clothes to see it. But for someone else to be able to spot it and recognize it - too much.

- I was walking this morning and someone called out to me from her car while at a red light. She said, "Robin, is that you? Wow, what HAPPENED to you? You look like a little girl! You had, the surgery, right?" She couldn't believe that I hadn't and went on and on and on.

- But today had to be one of the best NSV'S of all. I went to the beach. I know that doesn't sound like much, but I had avoided the beach for well over a decade. Well today I went and wore a bathing suit and wasn't uncomfortable at all. It felt so great to be at a beach again. I practically grew up on the beach. It brought back such memories. I had forgotten just how much I LOVE the beach. The sounds, the sights, the smells, the feeling of the sand on my feet, riding the waves, observing the people, the breeze, all the natural stuff - the shells, the birds, the seashells. THE OCEAN. It was so phenomenal. This truly was a big, BIG day for me. It's great to be back in the game again so to speak.

- I am enjoying this summer like CRAZY. I used to hate the summers. All the heat and the outdoor stuff and pools and the activity and the socializing. I was never able to participate in anything. Now I am absolutely LOVING it. In the past I would count down the days til the fall. Now for the first time in ages, I will be sad to see it go.

I think I need to print this one up and take a look at it the next time I am having one of my feeling like eating just because days.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 08-01-2007 at 08:52 AM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:26 AM   #3  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Wow Robin! What great NSV's, you almost had me in tears, because I could understand your joy at the things you couldn't do before. You are an inspiration to us all.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Robin - very inspirational!

I have a couple to kick off the month:

- I ate perfectly on plan yesterday, drank water perfectly on plan yesterday & I went to the gym for my personal training session (#3!) yesterday. The best part of the session was that my dh came with me & is going to continue to do so whenever he is in town.
- I did more lunges with more weight than my dh - which just felt kinda good.
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 PM   #5  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

I had so many NSV's during my extended vaca that it's hard to even think of them all, but here's a couple that stood out out to me!

I spend a couple of days at Lake Tahoe and one particular day we went to meet some friends to go out in their boat. After parking the car we had to walk about a mile to get to the spot where said friends could beach their boat. I just about ran down to the water, was so happy to see them, etc. On the way back up (all uphill on the return trip) my uncle had a lot to carry so I took the full cooler from him and carried it all the way by myself, and I still beat them all to the top! WOO HOO!

I took the time in Reno to find the work out room in our hotel, and I used it every day! It was one of the little things that reminded me every day that this is my life, not a phase that I'm going through.

I bought this beautiful turqouise bracelet. In itself it doesn't sound like an NSV, but when I look back at all the bracelets I've ever wanted to buy and didn't because they FIT my wrist instead of being loose (like I like them), well, I had to look at all the ones they had to find the smallest one, and I think I may still have to have a couple stones removed so it doesn't slide off my wrist accidentally!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM   #6  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Robin those are GREAT and very motivating! Thanx so much for sharing!!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

A little nsv - walked into work today in a new top and trousers that actually fit me nicely right now and my boss was all 'wow look at you'. It's the first time I've actually told someone my start weight - I'm still chuffed from it
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

I went to a meeting, and fit comfortably in the conference room chair.
BattleAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #9  

I forgot my water bottle yesterday & when the junk truck came round I went out & bought 2 bottles of water - & it cost the same as one bottle of pop!

Last night even though it was hot out I cleaned the house for a couple of hours.

Last night I was craving extra carbs & settled with tuna & 6 whole wheat crackers & you know what, it hit those cravings even though it wasn't a chocolate cake!!! lol
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 AM   #10  

I almost forgot: I lost 2.5" & 5.75lbs this week!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Awesome NSVs everyone!

I was hoping I could join this thread even though I'm a bit short of qualifying for this forum.

Yesterday I hung out with some friends that I haven't hung out with in awhile, mostly because they base most of their activities around drinking and alcohol just doesn't fit into my calorie limit. Well I went out with them for a couple of hours last night and didn't have a single drink! I just kept a big gladd of ice water with me the whole time.

The other NSV (by the way, I always read this as No Small Victory instead of Non-Scale Victory) was that, after this night of drinking for most of my friends, I ended up driving one of them home. Well she wanted to stop at Wendy's, so I went through the drive-thru for her- and didn't order anything for myself! She offered my bites of her fries and Frostie, but I declined. It was really a big moment for me, as with those friends I would get fast food about 4 times a week!

Just wanted to share.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #12  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Wow Robin --

You have me looking forward to next summer allready. When I hit my goal of 180 I am going on a cruise. I told Matt he better be saving up, it will be here sometime next year. My NSV is that I turned down ice cream last night, the one and only reason I will be glad to see fall -- that one tempting thing will be less available.
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #13  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

During the summer, I love to eat ice cream in the evenings. Even tho I switched to low fat or fat free, I need to make it a treat instead of a daily thing. Last night, after dinner, I had over 300 calories 'available'. I chose a 60 calorie jello pudding over the 200 calorie ice cream! Yaay!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:04 PM   #14  
Its all about choices

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/180

Ok, I know I already posted one today, but I had to write again. I'm at work and I just waited on a man that has known me for years. He was a customer at the bank I worked at 12 years ago. And I used to see him when I walked every day last year. Well, he noticed my weight loss, asked how much I had lost and told me I looked great! That I looked 'much better'..lol Made me feel real good!
NickiB68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 271/249/135

One of the managers brough in Cinnamon Buns for our today's meeting to welcome several new members of our group. She even warmed them up.
Again, I am not too in love with those, and that would not be the food I reach for given the opportunity, but the FREE aspect of it, would make me eat them anytime in the past.
Today I was strong, and it was pretty simple, almost no hesitation as I refused a whole and refused a half offered by others.
I felt a tiny desire seeing one of the guys eating it, otherwise I was totally cool and not worried.

Weekend might bear some eating out and next week has 1 or 2 lunches.

Yesterday we did have a group lunch, with the group which meets once a month. Any other time before I would have been embarased to eat out of the box when I am with them, but I could care less as I walked to the other building cafe with my lunch. [Reality of it is: salad is 7bucks and probably has too much oil/dressing, where my food had chicken and cucumber at the fraction of a cost.]
CBETA is offline   Reply With Quote