Old 08-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Movin' & Losin' #20 - Time for a challenge in August

We've been on the old thread for ages. It really is time to move and lose in a new way.
So lets get on with it.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:36 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies,

Shad - thanks for the new threads. Your right, let's start this month off new. How's it going in Perth? Have you been able to workout with your DVD's? Wish I could send some summer heat your way..

Nita - how are you doing?

As for me. This week I worked out 4 days. We kinda of went back to the basics of steps and using hand weights, and boy was that hard. Seems like when we use the machines or as least me, I don't put as much effort in as I should. I hadn't increase the weight I was lifting and it was easy. Plus there are 3 of us and when we switch to machines, I and another girl tend to talk or stall more and my heart rate drops. I'm going to try really hard and focus on that. When we used the steps and hand weights, it seems like we're going backwards, but i know where not. I left fridays workout in a big sweat. My food is not going as great as it should. I did really good for 4 days then yesterday I ate fast food and not the best choice. Drinking my water has become hard too.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #3  

Drinking water is hard, especially when it is cool. However you can always try putting a little lemon or lime juice in it or even orange. Or sometimes a herbal tea will hit the spot quite nicely. Gotta be ways of moving around it.

I tried on of my new dvds last Thursday. Didn't like it much. But I'm taking my other ones back with me this weekend so I should get some more workouts in. I've done five this week so I'm happy with that. Food has not been that great, but I'm taking the CSIRO Diet cookbook back with me so I should be back on the straight and narrow again next week.

It's hard when you go to the gym and do weights on machines. I make an effort to up the weights once a month. Always got to challenge yourself or nothing much happens and as you found out Patty, you are not putting in the effort to get results back. Step is always difficult. I have trouble with that one - seems like I have no co-ordination or something.

Summer will come soon enough and then we will be whingeing about the heat!!! No pleasing some of us!

Better go and finish packing the gear. Back to Perth tonight.

Nita, how is the challenge going.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM   #4  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - I tried the lemon and it helped some. I do better when I put the crystal light, but I"m trying not to get hooked on that. I just need to focus on drinking water... that's it. We don't do much dancing with the step, it more of a up and down or we straddle it and go up and down...I think I will try to log what I'm doing on the machines and then up them.

Went grocery shopping this evening, so there is no excuse for not bringing my lunch to work this week.

Nita - how are you doing?

how's everyone else doing?
Hal, I know your off time is running out. School will be starting soon.
Mooz, Cat, Thin - are you all doing ok? Would love to hear from you...
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #5  

Still exercising and now back to eating right or more or less right. I'll get through this challenge if it kills me. I did the yoga tape last night and that nearly had me dead on the floor. Tonight (since I didn't want to get out of bed this morning) I'll do the biggest loser tape. I should go for a run, but it is just too awful out there to run, besides which the paths are becoming slippery with the leaves no one has managed to sweep up yet.

Well better go panic over this bl**dy job a bit more. So much to do, so little time. So few decisions made over ANYTHING
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #6  

Weighed this morning. I started this challenge at 75.7 and today I am at 75.5. Considering that I was at 76.3 at one point this week, I haven't done too badly. Hope the downward trend will continue.

Still exercising 3 days this week so far. The food slipped a bit yesterday because the team went out to lunch. Obviously the salt has kicked in because today I am up .3 from yesterday. Today is a whole new day and I will endeavour to keep within the guidelines.

Catch you all later.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:55 PM   #7  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - I can totally understand the going out to eat with co-workers. I bring my lunch, but the temptation is so great. And I have lots of friends that I don't work with, so I want to catch up on their lives.. (Over food of course).. There are so many choices to chose from. I work in downtown area and food courts are everywhere. I have no problem with the exercise cause i'm doing that in the morning and there's no excuse not too.

Nita - hope your doing ok..
Old 08-12-2007, 10:46 AM   #8  

Good Morning Ladies,

We hit the 100degree mark and boy is it HOT! Luckily I get to work indoors so I don't notice it as much. As I was running around yesterday, grocery store, home depot etc. I realized how much better I felt with the heat. I guess what I mean to say, is last year I was 14 pounds heavier and the heat took more of a toll on me. This year I can handle it better..

We'll I finally moved the treadmill that has been sitting in the corner of the dining area into my bedroom. I didn't want to set up the treadmill in the living room cause I had gotten new wood floors back in June and didn't want to scratch them (i know I could of put a rug down, or mat, but was that my way of not having to exercise?) Anyway, I took my door off, so the treadmill could fit through the door. Now I'm really ready to up my challenge. Still having a hard time with the water, but working on it.

Shad - how are you doing?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:57 PM   #9  

I'm going up and down like a yoyo. At this rate I'll be lucky if I end up with the same weight as I started. Don't quite know what is going wrong here. I'm exercising every day - 5 days a week on structured stuff - and walking a lot over the weekends. Food is not bad, but I think I'm having too much salt AGAIN. Water is down a bit no, not a bit a LOT and I should do something about that, but I am drinking lots of tea. I hope I have something more positive to report tomorrow.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:49 PM   #10  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - Salt will get me everytime. I know if I eat chips, pickles, or anything salty my weight goes up. Actually I feel it in my hands. Doesn't matter how much I drink water.
Keep up the workouts 5 days that is great.....
Old 08-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #11  

Back to 75.5 this morning. I must drink the water, I must drink the water, I must drink the water. A handful of Twisties can't cause a weight gain of 200g!!!

We had a fire drill the other day and had to walk down 17 flights of stairs to get to the ground. I had a good loss that day I can tell you, however I didn't get much work done. Since the fire drill, my calf muscles have been aching. It actually hurt to get out of bed this morning. Once I got moving it is fine. But I guess I will now have to work out tonight since I didn't do it this morning.

Patty, looks like just you and me at the moment. Hope you are doing well. Its the 15th Aug here today, which means we are halfway through the challenge. A long way to go to get to my goal. Still I will keep trying.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #12  

Shad - Yikes - Halfway through our challenge. I had better get going. I am doing good on my exercise but not on my food. OH, I can feel your pain, I have had to do that before. Now drink that water...
Old 08-19-2007, 10:49 PM   #13  

11 days to go and I'm no further ahead at all. We might just have to do it all again for September. Don't really understand why I'm just bouncing up and down and up and down. Might have to try something new again to see if I can kick start the weight loss again.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #14  

Shad - I'm in the same situation too. I'm getting my workouts in, but I just can't get control of my food. I don't know what it is...
Old 08-25-2007, 10:10 AM   #15  

Good Morning Ladies -

Still no move on the scale, but getting my workouts in. Today I"m going to de-junk my kitchen as Mooz to use say. I have chips, candy and other high calorie foods that I shouldn't be buying. Oh, that's why the scale doesn't seem to move.

Going to the grocery store after this morning's workout and buying more fruits, veggies, yogurt etc.

Shad - how are you doing?

Nita, Hal, Mooz, Cat - where are you all?