Old 08-01-2007, 09:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Talking Calorie counters chat for AUGUST

hey I thought I would start the new thread. I am sick again!!! I believe its stress related just a throat thingy but it sucks. I have sticking with my calories and trying to exercise I played catch in the park with ym hubby lat night for an hour it was fun not sure the calories I burned though

here are my august goals
1.lose 15lbs to out me under 200! (a big goal but worth it)
2. drink more water!!!
3. eat out less (hard one)
4. EXERCISE (my hardest thing any easy ideas for me to do would be great)
5. start weights!

lets hope I meet my goals!!! good luck to all of you as well
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

I can't believe its August already. Bad news for me because that means I have school and cross country soon.

1. Lose 15 pounds
2. continue to track every bite that goes in my mouth
3. continue to count carbs
4. Keep up the same exercise
5. give up diet soda

Yup, I am giving up diet soda. Crazy? Well since I drink well over six A DAY I think i really need to. Tea is my new best friend!
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #3  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Happy August 1st Everyone! Wow, it's here already. Well I had a nice Gyro platter meal to kiss July Good Bye!

My goals for August:
Eat out less often (gonna be hard)
Pump up my workouts more
Lose 10 lbs

So here's to another month of great loses everyone! Good Luck!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 AM   #4  
Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

August is here!

Yesterday was 1256 cals 23F/56C/21P and 27g fiber. Averages for July were 1779 31F/50C/18P and 24g fiber.

Can YOU spot the days I was at my mom's in July in my fitday chart???

My goals this month:

1400-1700 cals/day

Get on a regular weight-lifting and workout schedule (I'm doing both, just sortof randomly now when I can fit them in)

Exercise more self-control in eating during my visits to my mom's

Enter 1-derland by the end of the month.

--K
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caljuly.JPG (22.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by queenjane; 08-01-2007 at 10:32 AM.
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #5  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I can't believe it's already August. My goals are:

1.Get down to 145 lbs
2.Keep up the calorie counting and healthy diet
3.Stay on top of my workouts once I go back to work (teaching) this month
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/162.6/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi. This is my first post, but I have been lurking for the past month. I am 5'2" and 161 lbs. At the beginning of July I was 172. My averages for July were: 1632 calories, 23%f, 47%c, 24%p, 6% alcohol, 23g fiber. Yesterday was: 1632 calories, 21%f, 44%c, 35%p, 28g fiber. My goals for this month are:

1. Loose 10 lbs
2. Stick with my workout schedule
3. Get at least 30g fiber per day

Thanks for all the advice I have already received from reading the forum, and I look forward to getting to know you all better!

Cheers!

Tiffany
Tiffkuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 PM   #7  
Highest Weight ever, 225

S/C/G: 225/185/160

Height: 5'8"

Happy August everyone!

My calories for the last week averaged out to 1588. 29% fat, 18% protein, 53% carbs.

My goal for this month is a pretty steep one, I want to be 180 before my son's birthday on Sept.5th. That would also be my 3 month mark for trying to lose weight and so I would have lost 22.5 pounds in 3 months.

I also want to increase my protein and fiber, I don't have an average for my fiber but I do know that I didn't make it to the 25g marker on my counter alot of days. So my goal is to hit that mark or surpass it everyday. I bought a fiber35 supplement shake for the days it just isn't happening any other way, but I prefer to use real life foods so that I can continue this way into maintenance.

Also I want to start working out more, like by that I mean actually working out lol. I pretty much have been a lazy bum in that arena but I want to stop that by working out unless I have had a VERY active day. My husband has vacation next week and we are gonna do some clean up around our house and yard so some days that might count.

Have a great week!
edzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm having a hard time with my realization that it is August already. There is so much to do before the end of the month. We move on the 25th. Ahhhhh!

Yesterday we went out to all-you-can-eat pizza. I had planned on having two pieces and calling it quits, but that didn't happen. I ended up over 2000 calories, so I'm hoping to keep today on the low side.

My goal for August is not to gain anything. Dealing with moving is enough for me right now, so I just want to stay right where I am. For now, at least. Once we are settled, I'm going to attack these last 5 lbs with a vengance!

edzard & petra~ Congrats on the jobs!!!

rock-n-roll~ I quit drinking all soda in December and I haven't really looked back. You can do it! After the first week or so, it gets much easier. One thing I missed in the begining was the carbonation, so I drank sparkling mineral water as a replacement for awhile. Also, if you live near a Trader Joe's they have a yummy tropical tea, that is so good iced! It doesn't even need sweetener.

Tiffkuhn~ Welcome!

queenjane~ Many months my chart looked like that too. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work!

tinky~ Mmmm... gyros... you are making me hungry and I still have over an hour til lunch time. Lol.

irishfairy~ Get well soon! I just got over a summer cold myself. Why are summer colds worse than winter colds? I swear they kick my booty way more than in the winter.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

zenor I hear you on that... I feel like I am dying here. The weather is VERY hot for where I live (ontario canada) and VERY humid. I don't know my farenheit but its 38 celsus with the humid X the online converter says thats 100.4 F. I can't breath and I am pouring sweat. my poor 6 month old wants to be picked up all the time but its just too hot and I don't want him to get sick either. the worse part is when I get a cold I FEEL SOOOOO HUNGRY trying to keep my calories underwraps...I have a baseball game to go to (jays vs rangers) on sunday with my inlaws and I am worried about cal counting its so hard because we eat out all day and they pick random places as we pass them so I am not sure how or if I can stay in calorie count (can't bring food into the park and its 1:00 afternoon game) any suggestions would greatly help
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Well I finally get to come back. Between vacation and working half days I am so far behind that its not funny but I have to get back to counting my calories. I would say I have been off for about a month now but last week was really bad because we were on vacation and my DH loves buffets and lets say I buffet alright. So I am not going to say what I weigh until next week because it isn't pretty. It is amazing how easily it comes back on. I must say I have lost 4 lbs since Sunday so that is a lot of bloat.

Zenor ~ You are so close but I understand stress and what it can do to you. For the month of July I was working half days but trying to do 1 1/2 jobs (my job and my students). I usually left here totally upset to the point I couldn't enjoy the 1/2 days. Next year I am going to try and work something better out. 90% of the time I only got 2 hours a day and let me tell you I only claimed 2 hours. They put me thru the ringer. Did you find a place yet? The last I knew you were still looking.

I decided to up my calories and keep them there until I stop losing. I was doing around 1400 - 1500 calories. Now I am doing around 1600 - 1700 calories and I am losing so I am going to stay right here because it allows a little indulgence that might just keep me on track on the weekends. I tend to be very active so maybe I need the extra to keep my energy up.

OH, we have a new additon to the family of animals we have. We just go the chickens but we also have a miniature horse now. I will try and attach a picture of him and my favorite chicken.

I so missed the support here and I am happy to be back but I better get going and do some work. I will talk at you all tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zuess.jpg (42.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg Jose Tape.jpg (23.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg Jose:Chicken.jpg (35.7 KB, 15 views)
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #11  

I changed my ticker to reveal where I am right now.

Also, I posted a picture of my DGS where he found an old typewriter ribbon and helped Grammy string it all over the office. I am not sure how he got it all wrapped around himself. He is such a nut but he was black when he was done. As you can tell he has no fear of the chickens either. He goes right in and picks them up. Of course, my dog is keeping a watchful eye over the situation but he isn't allowed in there because he is a hunting dog and he will pin them down and I worry he will kill them. The hen DGS is holding is one of my favs, she is very gentle and easy to pickup and one of the smallest we have.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #12  

Here is my girl before DGS was holding her, you can see him underneath trying to get her. HEHEHE!

OK, I really have to go now and I will talk at you all tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Henny Penny.jpg (25.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #13  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Happy August!

My July stats...
daily cals: 1744
fiber: 49
sodium: 3835
Pounds lost: 8

August goals:

COOK, healthy meals more from scratch
plan dinners weekly
grocery shop weekly (only at main store! no side trips to expensive grocery store)
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM   #14  
Mom jeans are cool,right?

adorable chicky, Grammy!
CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:04 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Ok... as promised here is my hair cut!! I cut 2-3 inches cut off, got bangs, and for the first time I got it foiled! I feel so pretty

edited out because I am paranoid

Last edited by RocknRoll; 08-02-2007 at 12:46 AM.
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote