Height: 5'1

Default July 30-Aug 5th

Lets have a fantastic week everyone!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #2  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

ok how do I delete the thread I created.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:48 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, sorry Shannon, we must have been posting at the same time!

I am back on the wagon this morning, consuming a POP breakfast right now! I owe it to my health to eat right. My blood sugar has been terrible this weekend, and I continue to feed it. NO MORE!

Angie- Are you out there? I have been worrying about you.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 AM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang...

Well, as expected, I was up this morning.. Damn these weekends!!! I do great during the week, but something always gets in my way... Well, it's not always something.. It's ME ME ME!!!

Anyway, considering what was going on this weekend, I don't feel too badly..

Got into a pair of size 36's for the first time in like, 15 years.. Not too shabby.. From a 48 to a 36 in less than a year... Goodwill is littered with my cast offs! Good way to start the week, despite the weekend gains...

Now it's your turn.. Get out there and put a strangle hold on those cravings!!!

(with apologies to that Phil guy) Let's DO IT!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:53 AM   #5  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

I can tell you that 5 days of camping is not good for my weight loss plan...I was too scared to even get on the scales this morning, I was afraid I might Luckily I had everything I needed to start my TO this morning.

Other than way too much eating our trip was great. DD and I did a lot of swimming and we all (DD, DH and I) did some hiking. I'm hopingthe exercise will help balance the food

Since I've been offline since last week there is no possible way I can catch up on all the chatter. Hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to start the new week POP
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Welcome back Katy!! Swimming and hiking to balance out the food intake is a good thing.. The important thing is that you and your family were out together, enjoying the great outdoors.. That FAR outweighs any minor gains you may have as a result.

The way to look at this is that you now have the power and the knowledge to deal with any weight gains in short order!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #7  
LAWL since 2/07

WTG Dan! What an accomplishment.

I'm terribly sick of the yo yo'ing that's been going on for the past couple of weeks but I must confess I haven't even been logging lately. Just frustrated all the way around. I'm happy to report that the new plan hasn't made me gain all my weight back though as I'd feared. I'm really not getting it all in but I'm trying. I will work harder this week and begin my logging again. Next week when aunt flo leaves I'll get back to the gym. I also bought a dance exercise video a while back still in the wrapper. I'm determined to unwrap it and start moving again. My son's friend is trying to get his trainers license right now. Once he gets it I might hire him. He's a muscle head though so I'm afraid he might try to kill me! "Remember when you wouldn't let Jeremy spend the night? DROP AND GIVE ME 200!!" I might have to rethink this.

On a side note I went to see the Simpsons movie this weekend and was a little surprised to see the theater FILLED with little kids.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:03 AM   #8  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all...sorry I've been MIA but this recovery is actually kicking my butt. I can't seem to get into a routine here at home and get fatigued really easy. I tried going for a walk early last week and I think it was too soon because I seem to have gone backward a little. But yesterday and this morning I'm feeling much better. I go for post op appointment in a couple of days. I haven't been able to eat right either. I just don't feel hungry so it's hard to eat right and I know it's going to back fire on me here really soon.

Liza - glad to hear Mini Me made it home safe and sound. Be patient through adjustment, that can be trying on the nerves....good luck.

Joni - I hope TO is going well for you today.

Dan - my DD saw Harry Potter and said it was really good, I hope you enjoyed even though you were out voted.

I send a big hello to everyone else and I hope you all have a POP week.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #9  
Katy66

Thanks Dan and you are right, it was wonderful to have the time away. So wonderful in fact we are going to try to go back next month I'll just have to plan my meals and snacks a little better. Thanks for the words of encouragement, I'm sure I'll be back on track in no time.

PS: Way to go on your size 36's!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #10  
Katy66

Good to hear from you Carrie. Recovering from surgery isn't easy so you take care of yourself!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

I have been AWOL too long..... it has been so busy here. I am going to try to keep up this week!

3 weeks til school starts!!! YAY!! my kids are looking for it as much as I am.
Wed. is my last day for deivering flowers, Thursday I am going in to see about getting a job with the hospital. They are hireing 65 people to train to teach the new hospital software to the hospital employees. ..... fingers crossed, DH continues the hunt. I think WI is out of the running which is fine, there are some things on the horizon for local and that is good. but this is the first month that all the bills and the groceries, etc will be on Credit Card,,,,, but I am sure Polly Anna would say thank goodness we have credit cards!

Diet wise...... grrrrr... lets see. Friday was the last day I would see the owner of the flower shop because she is out this week, so she bought me a cake........ Friday night we went to a wedding rehersal dinner, (DH and DS were ushers) they served mexican and .........cake. Saturday was my DS birthday (17!!! when did that happen????) and we had........ CAKE..... then last night was the wedding...... and of course CAKE!!!!! yikes.

ok back to the program!

I am reading YOU; On A Diet,,,,, very interesting.

ok. I better get to it, this is going to be a very busy week. mon-wed deliver flowers, wed. help set up a rummage sale at our church, thursday and friday run the rummage sale and thursday night try to go get that new job. and then it will be the week end again.
Good news is somehow in all the chaos I am fitting in lots of exercise. because I want to! riding my bike, swimming in the pool. and every morning I am doing the Sun Salutations thingy that DR. OZ says to do in the You, on a diet book. it has made a world of difference.

have a great one all, hope to check in at lunch.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #12  
LAWL since 2/07

HIYA Lettie! Hope it all works out for you.

Carrie - feel better soon
Old 07-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #13  
Princess Heather

I have figured it out. I now know why I have such a hard time on the weekends........are you ready for this????

LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have so conditioned myself to stopping and grabbing something at a fast food place that I don't stop long enough to think about it. So now to find a way to stop that....I've found the problem...now to find the solution.

I'm back OP today....and will face WI this week.....but for now...all's good!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #14  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Everyone. I just got back from COD. I stayed the same as last Thursday. They weren't impressed but at least it's not a gain. I was so very stresssed about the pizza thing last week so I'm ok with staying the same. They also told me I'm 3 weeks behind schedule and they're going to try to catch me up. They start the new plan this week and they'll give me my stuff on Thursday when I go WI. Right now I'm on gold w/Lites so we'll see which one they give me. They are also changing their name to Pure Weight Loss. They said that LAWL seems to make people think of just dropping weight and the new name is supposed to make people think of this as a healthy way to lose weight. Like I said, we'll see what they do with me on Thursday and I'll let you all know. Hope everyone has a POP week.
chiquita623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

Hello everyone..

I had a good weekend of FF despite being at the hospital yesterday. I took a Lite with me for "emergency" and I ended up using it. Today, I am back on regular program. I am eager to weigh in tomorrow..

I actually find it easier to stay on program on the weekends during the summer. I think that it is all the fresh veggie and fruit choices which makes it easier (I live in New England). Berries have been on sale a lot the last few weeks and as you know, those are an ideal fruit for program. One trick that I found is to take blueberries, one serving (1 c) or even two to the movies and "munch" on that instead of being tempted with movie popcorn. It works very well.

My mother is still in the hospital but they will be moving her to an acute skilled unit soon. She is on IV antibiotics for cellulitis and will need to continue that therapy for the next 2-3 weeks.

Oh well.. back to work and everyone have a great week on plan! Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote