Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/162/125

Height: 5'1"

Thumbs up So impressed......

I joined the program on Friday and did my Fast Forward Sunday and Monday. When meeting with the counselor on Friday, I mentioned that my doctor wants me to avoid fruits as much as possible right now. I have a mild case of a condition called dysbiosis which is basically an overgrowth of yeast and imbalance of good vs. bad bacteria in the gut. The counselor was really nice, but her response was "But, you need to eat fruit." Well, the natural sugars of fruit feeds this condition, so until he has it cleared I hesitate to eat that much fruit.

So, when I went on Monday, they gave me my access code for LA At Home. I decided to write the dieticians on that site yesterday afternoon to explain the problem and ask if there was a plan that required less fruit or any way my Gold plan could be altered. Less than 24 hours later, they emailed a response to me, my center, and updated my diary tracking area online to reflect the changes that they made to reduce my fruit intake to 1 daily. WOW

Talk about awesome customer service and really working with the medical conditions of others to make the plan work for them. After my Fast Forward, I lost 3 pounds. I'm even more excited about this program now!

Jenn
aggiegirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

That's awesome, Aggie! It's good to hear stories of when they can make the plan work for YOU!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:22 PM   #3  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Oh, and congrats on the 3 pounds!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM   #4  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

That's great. I'm really glad they worked with you instead of against you. 3 pounds is awesome!
Good luck on your weight loss journey!
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #5  

So, how do you get the access to LA at Home? Is that an extra fee?

Congrats on the 3 pounds!
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/162/125

Height: 5'1"

No, access to LA at home was not an extra fee. Much to my surprise, they gave me my access code for being a center client on Monday just as part of my program. That was definitely a perk that I was not expecting.
aggiegirl92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:47 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

That's interesting.. Must be a local thing, because for most everyone else, LA at Home is an extra fee service or a way for someone who has no center in their town, to participate in the program.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

when LAWL changed to Pure Centers..I was also given a year subscription for free
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote