Skinny Minnie in Training

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/149

Height: 5'5"

Default That 70s Show -- On Our Way to Losing 70-ish Pounds 7/30-8/5

Please check-in with:

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?:

IMPORTANT NOTE: I will not be able to post the weekly thread next week -- can someone please volunteer to do this for us? If you'd like to do it, PM me. THANKS!
queenjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #2  

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 209

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I made it 5/7 days with no eating past 7:30PM.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): It's going to be hard this week (working long hours), but I'm keeping the same goal.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?: Oatmeal. Every weekday. Cereal & multigrain toast every weekend day. Need to figure out how to get more protein into my breakfast to make it stick with me longer during the day.

I had a repeat of last weekend (eating too much at mom's, stressed out, my DS didn't sleep, and then he barfed -- again -- in the car on the way home). It was like the movie _Groundhog Day_. And my weight's up. Gotta get back on track, but like I said, this is a working long hours week (preparing for a conference next week, which will be a whole other ball of wax) and it's going to be hard. I did go to the Y and get my weight-lifting program setup -- now I just have to find time to get over there and DO IT. Ugh. I need some serious "me" time this week and I don't know where I'm going to find it.

--K
Old 07-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #3  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 205/197/130

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): Don't know - TOM. Not even gonna bother this week LOL.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): No biggie - just cleaned out the kitchen and stocked it with healthy food.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):
Exercise 5x this week and NO EATING after 7 p.m. The latter will be the most difficult, as I love to munch in the evenings.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?: Ugh, I have never been a big breakfast eater so trying to eat breakfast has been a struggle. My meal plan this week involves fruit and some sort of protein for each breakfast - couple slices turkey bacon, or eggs, or lf cottage cheese.

queenjane - hope you find that much needed "me" time... it can be vital! Hope your little guy is feeling better....

I'm trying to think of other activities I can do besides munch on food. DH has two weeknights where he doesn't get home until about 7:30ish and I need things to occupy my time/hands/mind so I don't wander aimlessly into the kitchen and reach for snacks. I'm thinking about trying my hand at quilting, but I feel intimidated!
2Fat4myJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:04 PM   #4  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for keepin' our thread going, QueenJane.

Good luck on the late-night munchies, 2Fat4myJeans! Quilting sounds wayyy too hard for me. If I need to distract myself, I play like a kid on the computer.

Life definitely has a way of getting in the way of our goals, doesn't it? Coming from someone with no kids and few responsibilities aside from work (& upcoming college!), I find it easy to forgive and admire such persistent, hard workers such as you QueenJane when "stuff happens"; don't worry about it too much! It happened, and it'll definitely happen again, but just continue on afterwards and you'll have no problem reaching your goal. My struggle is finding the happy medium between learning from one's bad experiences and letting them go. Good luck!

I, however, have no excuse!

What's your weigh-in: 203, down most of a pound from last week.

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Well I met the "downward movement on the scale" bit, but not very strongly, and I crapped out on exercise again. 3/6 days done. I'm waiting for some exercise DVDs to arrive in the mail now, because I hate being outside in the AZ summer, and DDR (my current cardio) is just TOO LOUD to do at 5AM on a 2nd floor apartment. Dangit!

What's your goal this week: 6/7 days of exercise, and NO EXCUSES.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?: I definitely agree breakfast is very important! Along with my Fiber Choice +Calcium tablets (4g fiber & 50% daily calcium in 2 tablets) & multivitamin, I have cereal for breakfast. It's Pumpkin Raisin Crunch by Flax Plus, and has omega 3s/6s, protein, and fiber. I mix a serving of that with 1/4 a cup of Fiber One cereal for extra fiber, toss on a few raspberries, and then mix in a tablespoon of my whey protein with the milk (mmm, vanilla milk!). All in all my daily breakfast totals: 7g of (happy) fats, 21g of fiber, and 18g of protein.

QueenJane, I know it seems like something only bodybuilders should own, but I LOVE my whey protein. You can mix it with yogurt, cottage cheese, milk, water, cereal, oatmeal (AFTER it's cooked!), baked goods, smoothies, you name it! I usually don't use a whole giganto-scoop for most things, only if you want to drink a serving in water/milk, but rather 1 - 4 tablespoons (depending on what it is).

Another great protein-packed breakfast food is eggwhites or Egg Beaters. When I have oatmeal I usually mix in 1 eggwhite (and keep cooking until it's cooked - raw eggwhites are baaad) and it gives it a peculiar, fluffy texture that's kinda fun. Or you can go with the traditional egg white omelette, etc. Each one's only ~3.5g protein, but they're fat free, low sodium, and almost no carb.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #5  
More to love!

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Well, my week was only a half-week, but I thought I'd get into the good habit of posting

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):220, down 2 lb from last week

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was):Walk at least 30 minutes each day and no binges. 4/4 for both

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose):Keep up the walking (at least 30 minutes every day) and lose another 2 lb. Also spread my calorie intake evenly throughout the day and build in an extra meal around 4pm to avoid bingeing in the evening.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?:I usually get out of bed at the very last moment and rush out of the house with a cereal bar in my bag to eat at work, so I am really trying to get up 10 minutes earlier and eat a decent breakfast. However, it'll probably not evolve much beyond a bowl of cereals (up till now Special K but I hate them so I'm switching to unsweetened muesli and going to spike it with some extra seeds and fibers. Occasionally I throw in a fruit or a lf plain yogurt. I drink herbal tea when I get to work.
cuddlzandhugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #6  
katallan

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share): 185 when I weighed last Friday

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): Exercise! - I did manage more exercise, but not as much as needed. So this week I want to exercise at least 5 times a week! My meal planning also did a nose dive! So I have managed to plan for today and tomorrow. I am going to sit down tonight and get the rest of the weeks menus done.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): Do a weekly meal plan!

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?: 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of bacon. I know bacon isn't really healthy, but I can't give it up!

2fat4myjeans - I have taken up quilting and I love it! I also took a couple of classes at the local fabric shop. Do not feel intimidated. It doesn't have to be perfect!
katallan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #7  
Shedding My Cocoon

Hey again all. It's been awhile since I've taken out my drawing tablet, so I went to www.mvm.com and made myself up a couple models, then shipped them to Photoshop and started tweaking them until they looked more like me. I wonder if this is what I'll really look like at 130 pounds! What'cha think?

(Before/After)

Old 07-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #8  
finding me again

S/C/G: 236/235/130

Height: 5'4"

What's your weigh-in (if you care to share):Still holding on to the 198-200 pounds. VERY FRUSTRATED!!!

How'd you do on last week's goal (and remind us of what it was): I had one Pepsi on Sunday. Not too shabby. Still downing the h2o like crazy.

What's your goal this week (it can be anything you choose): My goal this week to drop some FAT. I think it is just taking some time w/ the new eating plan.

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and recent research shows that people who eat breakfast weigh less -- so, what do you usually eat for breakfast?: Special K w/ strawberries. Although, I am not sure how healthy it is. I don't really like breakfast food, but am trying to eat before work.

Queen, hope the little guy is feeling better. And you too. As for "me" time, I stay up and read when everyone goes to bed. I love the quietness of the house at night.

Ereal- good luck w/ the cardio. It is hard to find something to do that doesn't sound like a heard of buffalo charging to the downstairs neibors. Yoga, if done right, raises the heart rate and is considered cardio. And it is usually quiet until I fall over. hehe Going to go play on that website.

2 fat- I love quilting. Try and find the "Quilt in a Day" books. They are very simple and pretty. Also, get the rotary cutter. I am all for speedy quilting.

Cuddlz- WTG on the walking. I need to get my butt moving. I have even considered going to the gym in the mornings before work, but don't really see that happening. This week I am trying to walk with the kiddos after dinner, that way I don't feel like I am losing time with them. (wish me luck)

Kattallan- I wish I was more structured. Whenever I make a plan or list, I usually lose it. YIKES. WTG on the exercising.

Wish for the week: May we all lose some pounds, finds some quiet time, and feel appriciated for what we do for everyone else while taking time for ourselves. Happy week to all, Sonie
sonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #9  
Am I there yet?

Quote:
2 fat- I love quilting. Try and find the "Quilt in a Day" books. They are very simple and pretty. Also, get the rotary cutter. I am all for speedy quilting.
Fast quilting? I'm down with that! Thanks for the tip - I'll look for that book today!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #10  
katallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonie View Post

Kattallan- I wish I was more structured. Whenever I make a plan or list, I usually lose it. YIKES. WTG on the exercising.

Wish for the week: May we all lose some pounds, finds some quiet time, and feel appriciated for what we do for everyone else while taking time for ourselves. Happy week to all, Sonie
Sonie, glad you remembered to tell about the rotary cutter! I can't do without it!

As for the menu plan - I have a 3 ring binder and I put the weeks menu in the front along with recipes. I also have a small 3x5 notebook I put my shopping list on and put in my purse. I found I can keep up with the notebooks! Plus I will hopefully have 1 to 2 months worth of menus that I can repeat and the menu planning won't take as long!

Have a great day!
Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 AM   #11  

Yesterday wasn't great, but better than the previous two days (the weekend was about 2450 cals/day, yesterday was 1713). I'm aiming for the low end of my range (1400) today. Also, I'm getting my first box from the local organic fruit and veggie delivery service today, so I'm psyched about that. My little guy must've just had motion sickness from the stop-and-go traffic b/c there's NO sign of remaining pukiness. It's a stressful week, so I'm going to try to go lift weights at lunchtime today to blow off some steam (and build some muscle).

I'm so happy this group is active (and growing). When I first got here to 2FC, there didn't seem to be a place for me -- and now I feel there really is one. Thanks, everyone, for posting and keeping this group moving. We WILL lose these pounds. We WILL.

--K
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 AM   #12  
katallan

Ethereal - I love your models. I think I will try and get mine done to see what I might look like!
Old 07-31-2007, 09:01 AM   #13  
katallan

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I'm so happy this group is active (and growing). When I first got here to 2FC, there didn't seem to be a place for me -- and now I feel there really is one. Thanks, everyone, for posting and keeping this group moving. We WILL lose these pounds. We WILL.

--K

I couldn't agree with you more! That's the way I felt in the past myself. I really look forward to coming here everyday and seeing what everyone has done for the day. Plus it keeps me accountable!

Glad the little one is doing good.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:10 AM   #14  
Am I there yet?

Quote:
I know what you mean. It seemed there was nobody with my height/weight combo struggling in exactly the same ways I was. People either weighed a lot more or a lot less than me, and I couldn't relate or find anyone with the same struggles. Thanks for starting this!
Old 07-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #15  
Shedding My Cocoon

Yes, this group definitely makes me smile. I can't wait til we reach our goals!

Today I'm starting my new cardio DVD (WATP), and this week I'm increasing my calisthenics + interval training to 3x per week (been doing 2x the past three weeks). I don't know if I'm any stronger yet, but you better believe I will be!

So refining my above-stated goal, 3x calisthenics/intervals, 3x cardio per week. I've also got the Fat Smash diet book en route, and some skinfold calipers to get some more measurements. I've set my August weight-loss goal for 6 pounds, and I'm ready!