Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 AM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Talking 07/30/07 New Alli Thread, Support Each Other Here!!!

Good Monday morning to all. Sounds like we all had a super week. While none of us is perfect, we are all sure trying to be 100% on plan with Alli. I am honored to be part of this super group and I hope we can all keep up the great support of each other and keep up with our losses!

GOOD LUCK ON ANOTHER FABULOUS WEEK ALL YOU ALLI-Cats, and ALLI-gators!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:28 AM   #2  
Happy New Rears!

Good Monday morning everyone.... the countdown is on for me, in 2 days I'll be eating in restaurants. I have to admit I'm nervous of losing it and pigging out. I've told my daughter to watch me like a hawk and remind me of how important losing the weight is. (she's 13 and loves to nag me)

Have a good day everyone!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:34 AM   #3  
Happy New Rears!

At the end of the old thread, NICKLES posted this

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKLES077 View Post
Hello,

I've been reading your posts for a few days trying to decided whether I'm going to take Alli or not. You all sound like you're doing great and that inspires me, but the thought of the TE's makes me really nervous...
The thought of not being able to control my bowels is very daunting. On the other hand the potential to lose weight is very appealing.
Has anyone had a few cocktails while taking Alli and did it cause any TE's? Would you say the weight lost is worth the risks?

Thanks for your input in making my decision!
Hi NICKELS077 ~ welcome to the Alli thread!

The TE's will only happen if you overdue the fat in your meals - don't overdue it and they WILL NOT occur.

I went to a party the other night and had 2 drinks, I was fine. Alcohol does not cause treatment effects, excess fat does. I think you should pick up a starter kit and give it a try
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 4"

Hello all...

My name is Karen, I'm 33.

Two years ago I lost 90lbs on LAWL... I went from an 18 to an 8...

Shortly after, I was in a car accident. All of the stress, anxiety, depression, and medication associated with the accident has packed back on 40lbs.

No matter what I do, I can't lose any weight.

I have thought about Alli, and I've even thought about asking the doctor to prescribe Xenical.

What kind of success/problems have you had with Alli?

Thanks Bunches! K
MetalChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:25 AM   #5  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Monday Morning alligators! I've got some catching up to do this morning everyone was so chatty yesterday! Sounds to me like everyone is doing GREAT!! Congrats to those of you losing!!! I'm very excited for you!!

I had another off weekend, I definetly have not committed to myself! I think the problem is that I dont pay any consequences for sticking to plan. I never have TEs no matter what I eat or do. So I've got a theory that I would really appreciate your help in testing. Could everyone just answer one question for me: Did you eat lowfat 2 - 3 days before starting Alli? And do you have TEs? Thanks for your help on my little experiment!

I'm going to kick up exercise bigtime this week. I'm out of coffee this morning so I'm going to go ride my bike to the store to get some instead of driving! I hope everyone is ready to have a wonderful monday!!

Thingirl....its almost time for Orlando!! I'm so jealous!!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #6  

My official weigh-in day is tomorrow, so I hope the scale is down - it's been up and down all week. I lost 2.5 pounds last week.

I have to say, I have TEs nearly all the time, so I think some people are just luckier than others. I keep to a low-fat diet (I aim to keep my fat grams under 40 a day, although some days it's closer to 50 grams) and I eat plenty of fruits and veggies. I had TEs pretty early on (on the second day) and at the very least, I'm usually pretty gassy. I only had the orange oil once, but I have the "gotta go RIGHT NOW!" episodes a couple times a week. Which may be a combo of the Alli and fiber, but I don't know. I've always had an iffy stomach, so that may play a role, too.

So, just wanted to mention that so people know that their mileage may vary. If you're the type of person who's not quite on track yet and still eats lots of fried or fatty foods, I would recommend not even trying Alli yet - I can't imagine what that would do!

ETA: I just checked my FitDay, and last week I averaged around 25 fat grams per day. I rarely have any fat during breakfast, it's usually lunch which has a little, and dinner which has the most fat grams.

Last edited by Laurelle; 07-30-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Laurelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

I did not do the low fat for 2-3 days before trying, and for the first 2-3 weeks I was definately not low fat, I watched what I ate, but I wasnt as diligent as I am now. I did have TE's during that time. Now for the last 2 weeks, maybe 2.5 weeks I have not had 1 single TE and I have been more careful about what I eat. So I can honestly say I am not "dieting" but I am watching everything I put in my mouth more closely and I find I am making much better food choices because I am trying to avoid TE's.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #8  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

I was eating lowfat for about a week before alli. I had no TE's at first. Now, they seem to hit me maybe 2 days after the high-fat meal. So I may think I'm ok, but I may not be. My only alternative is to really stick within the fat grams. I seem to go way over or way under. This week is about making a better balance.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:15 PM   #9  
Til'

I'm back from the beach! Had a great time, but definitely didn't eat right. But, I'm back on track today and hope to at least break even by my Friday weigh in.

NRyker - my reward if I lose all the weight is a breast lift (maybe even a reduction).

Good job on the weight losses everyone! ThinGirl, you are doing great. Have fun in Orlando!
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM   #10  
Gettin Closer!!

OMG ThinGirl, I just noticed your leaving in 4 days!!!! I hope you have a SUPER time! I took my 2 older kids to Disneyworld 2 years ago and we had a BLAST!!! In another 2 years we are going back!
SO have fun for all of us here!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:28 PM   #11  
Shedding My Cocoon

S/C/G: 230.2/226.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi Hun.e.B., I only use alli when eating out or ordering in restaurant food, and while that's not often, sometimes the food is high in fat content (pizza) and I was extremely disappointed when I had no TEs. Then, I went to Olive Garden and had a salad and minestrone soup, and my "wish" was granted. So I've had the oil spots once, and for eating Olive Garden's yummiest-on-the-planet salad dressing.

I was eating low-fat before I took it, and aside from eating out, still eat only 12 - 18% of my daily calories from fat.
Ethereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #12  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Well here was my thinking, I didnt eat lowfat before starting Alli, so I wondered if maybe one of the keys to it working was that you ate lowfat the first few days to get the fat out of your system...not just to avoid TEs but so your body would be ready to deal with the Alli vs. fat. But apparently thats not the case. Just a theory. I'm gonna keep jugging away, I think with picking up on the exercise the more days I get under my belt of doing healthy things the less apt I'm gonna be to even want to eat the junk.

Thanks for your input guys...it really helped!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #13  
Til'

I was at the beach with my family and my parents and little sister. My mom is also taking Alli. I didn't take Alli at the beach, but she did. We both ate anything we wanted. She had SEVERE TE's and was running to the bathroom constantly. Hopefully it was worth it for her.

Just got back from a 30-minute walk with my son. I've got to get more exercise.
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 220/209/155

Height: 5'7"

ThinGirl- Thank you for moving my post to the new thread. Being new to this I'm having a bit of a learning curve. Also thanks for the answers. I think I'm going to take your advice an give it a try. What have I got to lose besides weight.
NICKLES077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 01:56 PM   #15  

Height: 5'8

Red face

OMG...
Everyone gets so chatty at the beginning of a new thread...
I can't keep up! LOL... At the end of last thread I actually was able to congratulate a few people on their weight loss. I will get better.
I think I am having some of my Fibro Fog Head...

Thin Girl...from last thread...
Have a great trip...I found I had a better time on my trip while staying on plan and doing the Alli. It felt so refreshing to get good positive energy from the food I ate vs. feeling Yuck from bad food choices! I felt smaller and more confident just making good food choices.

Actually the above is true for every day life.

For Me:
Goal of the Week:
Cut down more on my soda pop addiction (baby steps)
Do 1800 calories or less per day (no after dinner muching on baked chips/hot tamales)
Drink a lot of water and keep active with fun activities and lifetime choice activities!

Still Tryin'....thanks for maintaining the thread and starting the new ones!!!
NRyker is offline   Reply With Quote