Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Default I can't believe

my husband and I went to the Golden Corral (if not familiar this is a restaurant that has a homestyle buffet). I knew it was going to be a test for me but I went in with a positive attitude. While my husband was piling up on wings, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, etc. I got a nice salad full of veges with a small drizzle of fat free dressing. I then ate 1/2 small baked sweet potato, 1/2 roasted chicken thigh (no breast meat ), steamed broccoli and carrots. Since I was being SO good I ate one small cookie. My husband walked out of their feeling terrible because he stuffed himself. I walked out feeling good with a bounce in my step. Bonus, Hubby now said he wants to diet with me because I've been doing so Great. I hope I can keep this up I'm trying SO HARD!!!!!!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 04:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

WOW, that is crazy good. Now that is some willpower. It is one thing to see it written on a menu, but to have to walk by it, seeing it there for you, already cooked...Now that is something.

WTG. I bet you left there feeling like a million bucks. Good for you.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:35 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Wow! I admired your healthy food choices at being at a restauturant.. Bravo!! You sure got great willpower.. Please keep that going girl..and nice that your husband will join you on a healthy changes.
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Good Job!!!!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Thanks for your support everyone! I was just so shocked that I didn't cave in and go for the mac and cheese and pizza. What really amazes me is just how much better you FEEL making better food choices. I think me and hubby were proof. He complained of heartburn and being bloated. I actually walked out and didn't feel like I was going to pass out!
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #6  

Great job. I think it a good thing that your husband wants to see change as well. I know when my husband seen I wasn't stop with my diet, he started as well. Sometimes we can be the motivators. Good job keep it going lady!!!!!
Miss Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:23 PM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Way to go! You did great!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/187/145

Height: 5`8

I have been to the Golden Corral too many times to admit. What an accomplishment. If you can eat healthy there you must have alot of willpower.The smell of bread would take me OUT!! Looking forward to reading more of your posts....Kym
kymandfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:23 PM   #9  

That is great! It's a great feeling when you realize when you and your health matters anything more than what's at the buffet.
Laurelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #10  

Great well power. Keep up the good work and its also great the you have inspired your hubby.
nikiapooh is offline   Reply With Quote