Old 07-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #1  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

Height: 5'3"

Default teens thread

Hello again everyone!! Well, our teens "intorduction" thread has reached 5 pages long and so i thought it was about time to start a new thread.

The summer is almost over, for some of us, like me, its already over.
A new school year had begun. Oh isnt high school wonderful (sarcastic or serious, take that comment however you want.)

So, how was everyones summer? Good i hope. Make sure and stop by often to give updates about how you are doing!

Also, i know the start of a new school year is a good time to set new goals. So, if you want to post your goals for the school year of 07/08, please do.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #2  
one day at a time

Im gonna start by sharing my own goals.
I am a junior in high school this year, which means that in a years time i will be planning for senior pictures. Also, the prom, and dances, having a car and thus being able to go places....i cant wait for senior year. What i want more than anything is to not be overweight in my senior portrait. In one years time i would like to go from my current size 12 jeans, to a size 6-8. I want to be between 120-130 pounds. I know that i can do this if i stay motivated.

What are your goals? How are you doing right now?

Cant wait to hear from you all!
~HaiLeY~
Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #3  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Hiya, I'm Jade and I'm 19, so I'm an old teen! I go to University and 07/08 will be my second year. I hope you don't mind me posting here!

My goals for 07/08 year:
-Fit into a size 12 (UK size) maximum by the end of the year (currently a UK 14 on top and a 16 on the bottom)
-Be able to jog once around the park (it's a HUGE park)
-Get confident and get a boyfriend!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:09 AM   #4  
:)

S/C/G: 167/140/120

Height: 5'2"

Hi... I'm 15. I'll be a junior this year too. I REALLY want to get down to a good weight this school year... like 135 or even less. I want to look good and not just be the "fat girl that's nice to everyone but still shes fat" anymore. Like you, I want to go to the prom and have good senior pics and stuff like that!
BumpSetSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #5  
I believe

Height: 5'5"

haaaii, i'm a 15 year old girl, almost 16.
Like all of you i want to lose weight, but not because it looks better, because it feels better too(i think xD). i've never really been that motivated to lose weight, but recently i have been. already a month away from the holiday so there's still one more left, what means, there's still time to lose weight and impress people at school. They told me i'm not overweight and not to lose weight, but i know they're scared of me losing weight, and i don't know why. another thing why i want myself to change is because i have the feeling no one ever really listens to me or takes me serious, and that's part my fault, because i make a lot of jokes, a defense mechanism i think. anyway, sorry for typing so much... Good luck to all of you!!
Laetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #6  
one day at a time

Laetj-Your post kind of worried me. I'm not sure exactly how much weight you want to lose, (how many pounds is 10 kilograms?) but if you arent overweight than i dont think you should lose that much. Do you mind me asking what pant size you wear? If people are worried about you losing weight it might be because you dont need to lose weight. Please be healthy and aim for a healthy weight for you.
BUt, on a lighter note, welcome to our forum! Im glad that you found us here in our teen thread. I understand about people not taking you seriously. I make a lot of jokes too, and then whenever i try to be serious people arent serious because they dont think that im actually being serious. I hoe you find a ton of support on 2FatChicks!

Bumpsetspike and jadeybabey-WELCOME! I cant wait to get to know you better!
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #7  
I believe

100percentMe, i'm sorry to have worried you but i am really overweight 10 kg= 22.046 pounds(i converted it on a site so i hope it's right) so i'm 76kg= 167.55lb or lbs(or something). and i know those people, and they're afraid of me losing weight not for me but for theirselves. it's not like i'm aiming for an anorexic thing^^
Old 08-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #8  
one day at a time

^im glad to hear that. I was just worried. You can never be sure, 'specially on the internet, when someone is being unhealthy. I NEVER want to encourage that lifestyle. Sometimes our perception of what we look like is distorted. A lot of anorexic people think that they are overweight. Im glad that you are being healthy about your weight loss. Once, again, welcome to our forums! and good luck on your weight loss journey!!! we are all in it with ya!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:38 AM   #9  
one day at a time

hey everyone!!! well, the new school year is starting, for me its already begun. I was wondering if you guys would like to have an "07-08 school year weight loss challenge."
we can see who can lose the most weight/reach their goal and maintain their weight this school year.
School can make being overweight really hard, and i, for one, do NOT want to be overweight for my senior year.
So, whatcha think? anyone want to lose weight with me this school year?

MY 2007-2008 school year goal:
size 6 jeans
around 130 weight
Old 08-16-2007, 08:23 AM   #10  
I believe

hey 100percentME, school's already begun over there? poor you! well anyway, i think it's a good idea.. everyone needs support and maybe this will help a little more! what exactly do you have in mind? like we tell our weight on a specific day every month or 2 weeks and our weight loss or weight gain?
or am i completely wrong xD?
Old 08-18-2007, 05:17 AM   #11  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

My daughter is starting school next week and is currently losing weight. I know she will want to participate in this thread, if she's allowed to join (waiting to hear from Admins to see if she can join).

Are there many other teens on here? I think it's a great idea that you young ladies (and gentlemen) are taking care of yourselves and trying to lose weight in a healthy fashion. Keep up the great work!

Steels
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 08:16 AM   #12  
I believe

sure there are a couple of other teens here, but i think most of them are pretty shy, i understand them though^^ but it's great your daughter wants to join^^ and even if there were only 3 teens talking and responding, that would still mean 3 people that want to be friends here don't worry:P
Old 08-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #13  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi! I'm Elle

I joined a few months ago but, I've mostly been lurking. Now I finally found where all the teens are!

I turned 16 a few weeks ago, and realized that I really need to get serious about losing weight. I have been given a chance to start over in a big way, and I realize now that I need to take full advantage of it.

I would definitley be up for a "07-08 School Year Challenge." I'm lucky, I don't have to start back till Sept. 10th! (I am going into 10th grade at MorningStar Online Academy)

Last edited by emgirl917; 08-19-2007 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
emgirl917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:22 AM   #14  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

hey guys im 18 and im off to college!!! i wanted to lose weight to be healthy b/c lately I havent been feeling too good. the college stress eating has me up 5 pounds and I havent even gotten there yet lol. anyway, i am not going to gain weight freshman year, so here i am. looking forward to hearing from you all.
Cate426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #15  

Hi! My name is Alex, I am Steelslady's oldest daughter. I started dieting back in may, weighing 170. I am currently at 154. I play soccer, basketball and softball at the local high school, partly being my reason for going on a diet. I am homeschooled, but take Spanish at the same high school I play sports at. I am a Christian girl trying to follow a Christian lifestyle. I can't wait to meet you all!

alex142

Last edited by alex142; 08-20-2007 at 12:46 PM.
alex142 is offline   Reply With Quote