Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #1  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Default How Long Will Tuna Salad Be Good In The Fridge?

I love tuna salad and wanted to just make a big batch to keep in the fridge. How long will it keep well in there before going bad? I make it with light mayo, mustard, relish, onion and pepper if that makes a difference.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I personally don't like tuna sitting in the fridge for more then 24 hours - tops.

That's one thing I prefer to make fresh every time. It may take a little extra effort, but to me, it's time well spent.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #3  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

This doesn't answer your question, but you can also lighten tuna salad by substituting 1 tsp. regular mayo + 2 tsp. nonfat plain (NOT vanilla) yogurt for every tbs. of regular mayo. Light mayo may be lower in fat than regular mayo, but it has corn starch, xanthan gum, phosphoric acid, and all sorts of other fillers and additives that regular mayo doesn't have. Besides, it tastes like . (To me, at least. )
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 AM   #4  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I honestly don't notice any bad taste with light mayo....fat free mayo on the other hand is pretty gross. I've heard the yogurt thing but I don't happen to have any yogurt and cannot go to the grocery store again until next tuesday.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:19 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My husband doesn't care for tuna salad as much as I do, so if I make some tuna salad, I often don't finish it the day I make it. It's still tastes great the next day, but I don't keep it longer than that, not because I think it's unsafe to eat, I just don't like the taste of tuna on the 3rd day. The onion seems to go bitter, and the tuna seems to taste stronger (I'm kind of pickly with tuna, and buy albacore when I can, because it has a less fishy taste).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:57 PM   #6  
Closed

It says on this site that tuna salad is safe for four days in the fridge.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...d_storage.html
Greens is offline   Reply With Quote