View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 09:53 PM   #5
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Well we don't want our son (21 mo.s) in daycare and really don't have the option for it right now, so I HAVE to tailor my exercise with him. I jog with him in a jogging stroller. I have a bike, but need to get the baby carriage to attach to the back of it. When exercising at home, I keep him contained to his play area where I can see him from the equipment but he can't get under any moving parts. You could try those options, along with the 2 days at the Y. That way you get the socializing at the Y, and you can still bike and run with your child in tow.

I make my runs at the park an event for the both of us by taking his sand pail and shovel for the playground and packing a lunch in the stoller carrier. After the run, he can play and we can both have a picnic. And I get to socialize with other mom's there. Other times, I walk or run in the neighborhood, and add my shopping run to it. There's a Wal*Mart down the road, so after I've logged my miles, I pop by there on foot and pick up the items we need and head home.

I'm wanting to join the Y here myself because of the daycare aspect, but its another thing that has to wait until my hubby's gets his permanent position...and raise.

almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote