Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #1  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly Chat 7/23 - 7/29

Good Monday Morning All!

Had two stress related late night carb loads but dusting myself off for another week of Atkins Induction!

SO furious at myself for repeating the same tired cycle of responding to the stress by "hurting" myself! Tx for the coping ideas nasus & lilyb! - lol @ the Teddy Grahams to the Neighbors! Most of the time it's not snack or "junk" or sweets being in the house - it's things like Whipped Mashed Potatoes or like last nights cave-in - Toasted Garlic Cheezy Bread with real butter and real soft French Bread . . . feel me?

I'm so angry today that I wish I would have thrown it all in the trash - but that's not viable because I have two DD's who will eat this food - and who do not have overeating problems/proper servings etc.

Just got to get my RESOLVE-ON and keep it ON somehow - maybe I'll start doing sit-ups when I want to throttle everybody?

Have a Great Monday All - hoping you get your groove back on too azure!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:36 PM   #2  
aud
lc lifestyle

Were we talking about Harry Potter here? (Senior Moment?)

I started Book 5 yesterday at the pool - Order of the Phoenix - read the first 4 over vacay and am just addicted now---finally see what all the fuss was about. Very good summer reading and just an addicting story!

sickel-aud-ebert
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #3  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Harry Potter

Hehe...well, Aud--I've just gotta say that HP is awesome. I got super addicted after the 3rd book had been released and I've been snapping up the just-released books as they came out ever since. The final book came out on Friday at Midnight. I bought it Saturday late afternoon and finished it at around 2AM on Sunday. EXCELLENT stuff

Oh...and I'm doing really well today Scales read 151! So even after a little mini-binge-breakdown last night, it looks like I didn't even put on the glycogen/water weight I had been expecting this morning. *whew*

My goal for the month of July was 150 by July 31st...and I'm only 1lb away! I can totally get that accomplished in a week!

Best to you girls!

--Azure
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:59 PM   #4  
aud
lc lifestyle

WTG azure and tx for posting about your Sweets Attack! Really helped me get some much needed perspective!

I'm off to the grind and already behind (hey that rhymed) on my h2o intake . . . usually am sipping water when I sit down here - better go get my SPLASH on!

ttyal!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:42 PM   #5  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I fell too, yesterday. Chocolate. Not the former quantity, but about 75g worth of carbohydrates. Back oon track today. I blame it on insufficient vegetables for about 4 days, only 1 day of eating all my veggies, and there's a lag time before the bingies go away. I know better than this. EAT YOUR VEGETABLES.

Went to the gym, worked 26 minutes on recumbant bicycle. Previous was 20 minutes (Friday), so I'm improving. My feet (arches) were what was hurting! Go figure!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

I got the bad news today. My son's Army Unit has just been placed on Alert. They are to be deployed within the next 30 days. We were not told where they will be going. It's a toss up between Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq or Syria. Last time they were put on Alert, they were gone within 1 week. I've spent the day putting my son's motorcycle and dirt bike in the paper for sale. He doesn't want me to worry about making the payments while he's gone. I'm now on his checking account, so I can make his Jeep and Insurance payments for him. It is all becoming TOO REAL. I'm having a hard time coping and so is DH and DD.

DD has cried all day and it has just been a very hard, very emotional day. My son is coping fine and although we've been expecting it, it is hitting us VERY hard. I don't think there could be anything scarier than for a parent to know their loved one is going to War.

I plan to become Active in his Unit's Family support group and meetings to see if this can help us cope a little better.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #7  

Lily - I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 08:59 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

AWW Lillyb. my heart is out to you. I was just talking to a National Guard friend. that my DD2 has spent time with before she transfered to a different unit. he is going to intesnive training later this year. being NG I guess they get more time for preperation some times. I understand most of NY is going to be deployed, her unit has not yet, but this other guys is. leaving in november and will be shiped over there some time early next year.

eating good. was trying to get the munchies but waited them off. I as many of you have caved I do know the feeling. and so little can trigger it.

ANY change in the eating habits are hard. remember that you are trying to change lifetime habits. so ifyou cave and munch the best thing is to say OK I did that. now I will do better. especially if you can catch your self early and wake up. This IS the hardest thing you will do. Stand up and dust off those carb crumbs. send that carb monster packing and invite the woosh fairy to your house. she is very elusive so it is hard to keep on tract. believe me I know. I saw a 214 sat before I left for camp sunday I saw 212 and got so excited. I stayed OP all week passing on all those wonderful munchi sweets, pancakes, frenchtoast, hasbrowns, and and the buns on my hamburgers and hot dogs. I got home and for the last 2 days I see 214. and wonder what did I pass on all that sonderful food. makes me want to jump over and eat my bread, rice and all that other stuff I depreived my self of. BUT I know from last time when I got to this point that the body will stop for a while and hold on the weight and hang there and suddenly it will be gone. The Fairy will pop in and whoosh away a few lbs. And that is how it goes. no matter what I know that to achieve good health I must give up the bad stuff. I must find what is my triggers and stop them. I must find out what is working and keep it. and when I fall (as I know I will) Immediatley pick my self up and do not flagelate my self as It is 47 years of habits, 47 years of eating those foods 47 years of giving into those cravings and eating that way. I can not change overnight, and some times just eating it I find that it did not taste as good as I thought so I will not do it again. it maybe I just needed that. 5 years ago I was a size 12/169 lbs (yes it was brief and yes it was tight) but a size 12 just the same. I blossomed to I think a 26 248 lbs as I lost who I was and did not remember the hard work that I did. I forgot to love my self. I forgot to respect my self. I forgot to remember that I too deserved to be taken care of. Do I remember that all the time now? NO, but I think of all the work that I have done this far and do I want to blow it now??? NO

I think of how hard it is for me to go up the stairs, and how much 10 lbs of meat weighs or a 20 lb turkey. I know that as I really have seen so little change in clothes I am getting discouraged but I do know that like a roll of paper towels or toilet paper if you have a single roll it shrinks so much faster the double rolls go slower and do not look like they are shrinking and same more so with the triple and 4x rolls. I am not going to see a big change in size but i will see my cheeks starting to be a bit thinner. i will see my fat becoming softer. (cells are starting to not be so stuffed like a defalting baloon it is getting soft) I keep remembering that, and that helps me keep on tract or get back OP.

I do hope that my thoughts and what I do can Help others because I do know the pain. I do know how hard it is. i am right there I have tried and retried to lose this weight. i have been retrying to lose this weight for 4 years since i gained it back. and kept falling to gain all of it back and more. I am at the weight I was 4 years ago when I realized I was going up. I could not stop my self and kept on gong up. But I am incontrol (sort of) now. I have no intention of ever getting there again. (I have said that before)
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Oh Lily Everyone will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, a cancellation will come in, or a delay.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #10  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Lily-- Thinking about you and your fam. I'm sorry to hear that your family is going through it.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:25 AM   #11  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

So sorry about your son Lilly.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:23 AM   #12  
aud
lc lifestyle

all I can say is wow, nasus. Just wow.

I've gotten a LOT of inspiration and motivation from this site in the past - but gotta say that your heartfelt post was speaking directly to me about things I haven't said as well like no other I've read. (Don't hurt that I dropped another 2lbs despite the cheezy galic bread taco pie binge! Gotta LOVE Atkins!)

Thoughts are with lilyb & family this night and in the coming times - praying this war ends soon girl!
Old 07-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies for the support and heart felt words. I called my sister last night to tell her about my son. She had just gotten bad news also. Her daughter's husband is now on Alert to be sent to Iraq and will also be leaving very quickly. This will be his second tour of duty over there. They have a 2 yr. old and my niece is pregnant. It actually made me glad that my Shane isn't married and won't be leaving any kids behind while he goes to war.

I'm gonna need to be really strong this year. Keep on my eating plan and get my exercise. I can't let myself give into emotional eating and gain this wt. back.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:29 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

We'll be strong with you this year, lilyb! If you join the Troop Support thing, let me know if they make up Packages or anything . . . we've done this at Our Church and also where I Work - making up these Care Pkg's for our soldiers . . . they give us a Wish List and also items that canNOT be sent . . . They say the soldiers love them - but they couldn't love them as much as we love putting them together!

Have been meaning to tell bouncing how inspirational your exercise has been for me. One of my Sis's swears by the recumbent bike - she even bought a real one for the road and has a stationary one in front of the tv! Glad you're dusting off those chocolate crumbs! Was surprised that my cave-in (which also was not what formerlly would be considered a cave-in would consist of either) still allowed me to lose 2 MORE LBS! I did swim my buttocks off and also took that long walk - so guess I'm deeply into being a ketosis induction weight lifting water pounding FAT BURNING MACHINE!

yeppers . . . that's how I'm calling it!

Good to see ms.spotdog! Long time no . . . blah blah . . . you get the idea LOL! How are you?

Thought I saw Arkansas Kel when I first got "back" - miss her funny posts . . .

Off to do some major cooking and semi-major housework - Have a Terrific Tuesday Low Carbers!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Hey guys!! I know I jumped into the boards last week but I was not sure if I should low carb or not. Well, I know its a mixture of entering phase two of south beach and having my TOM but I am up 2 pounds and I just don't feel that good about myself.

So, I started atkins today. I slept in because I had a crazy night last night so I did not breakfast. I just ate a can of light chunk tuna with kraft light mayo (1 tbs) and 1 cup of spinach. I hope I can do this right and eat enough fats to burn up all this weight.

My snack today is cucumber, carrot, and hummus. This takes up a lot of my daily carbs- (11 net carbs to be exact). Are these three foods ok to eat? Its half a serving of baby carrots, 1 cup cucumber, andn 2 tbs hummus. Its the hummus I am not sure about. I just wanted to check on that!

Oh, also is it required to use those ketosis sticks?

Oops a couple more questions! I read on the atkins diet site that you can have low carb bread on induction- do any of you actually do that? What percentages do you hit on an average day? Protein, fat, carbs? And finally- do you eat dannon low carb yogurT?
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote