View Single Post
Old 07-23-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
Kae
. * . * . * . * . * . * .

Oy! That's a tough situation. I feel for you. I can relate to where you are coming from in some sense. I dated a guy whose family I didn't really get along with. His mother drove me nuts. I remember I was dating him the last time I lost a significant amount of weight-- she would always be so offended and rude about my never eating at her house (she cooked so fattening, ick!) I always just made excuses not to eat there. Anyways, his family criticized me. I know how that feels and it is a tough situation. I-obviously- am not marrying him because it didn’t work out. So I wish I could give advice in that regard.

I also know what you mean because there are people in my own family who I would much rather not be there when I get married. The destination wedding is really a nice idea---if you can feasibly afford it. My sister did that and only a few people, the people she really wanted there (though some she did couldn’t afford it) showed up. The others just used finances as a way of getting out of the wedding and everyone was ok with that. Otherwise, like it was already stated, you could try talking to people ahead.

Good luck!
Kae is offline   Reply With Quote