Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 05:50 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Smile 300+ And Ready To Try Again #1116

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone (roosters as well as chicks!) to join us in our journey. We share laughter and tears, heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations. We also share what works for us and what doesn't.

We know the thread can move very quickly, and that people often make "personal" remarks and keep a number of conversations going. Please feel free to contribute even if you can't make personal comments all the time.

Finally, we also have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, Photos, Exercise, Info for Getting Started and more. Many of these threads are stickied at the top of the page. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group... we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for the Amazon "store" in the upper right hand corner of the screen on the PURPLE tool bar. A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #2  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Good morning everyone
Just trying to "recover" from my weekend. Saturdays concert was awesome but standing in the mud for 12 hrs wasn't I will post pics later tonight.

Thanks for the b-day wishes. Yesterday was nice. We all went to supper (pizza buffet. I know!) and came back to our house for a campfire and cake. They all left shortly after 9 so I could watch big brother

Other than that, I am waiting till its time to go to work. I SO dont feel like it but I have to go and try to fill my shift for Saturday. I have committed to selling at a Farmer's Market and I forgot to book the day off work. I just realized that I have to work at the store as well. Oh well! I'll have to try and see if I can switch with someone.

Have a great day!
B
Old 07-23-2007, 09:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMMI AND BRENDA!!

I hope you girls enjoyed your day!

I got to see "Hairspray" this weekend...OMG it was awesome. John Travolta was amazing and I think the whole cast was perfect!! I think I have a crush on Zac Effron!! Do you think it's terrible for an "old lady" like me to have crushes on these boys? (Daniel Radcliff too) Boy, I sure would be a psychiatrist's dream!!!

I will be shopping for a new car this week...Scott had a 1994 Saturn that he bought from a neighbor for $800.00...now I know why...the car is now sitting in front of my house with a blown engine. We will give him my Kia Spectra...he will pay half the payment until he is done with college and then he takes it over. I will get the new car (hee, hee). This way I don't have to worry about him breaking down while he is driving back and forth to school. And this way he has no choice but to get a job that he will have to work 4-5 days a week in order to make the payments and insurance. Hopefully this will teach him to be more responsible and mature. Plus, I get a new car for technically half the payment! So we all win in the end.

Everyone Have a Great Op Day!

PS-I almost forgot...

John: I hope all the "lady" stuff doesn't scare you off!! It will be nice to have a man around the "coop"!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:05 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Oh yeah...I got my Harry Potter book also. I am trying to read it slowly ...which is hard for me...but I want to savor the last one!!! Heather, please don't tell me how it ends!!! (Hopefully I wont throw the book across the room like I did for #6!!!)
Old 07-23-2007, 09:12 AM   #5  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Happy belated birthday Brenda and Ammi! Glad to hear you had a great day Brenda, and hope you did too Ammi.

Annie - I think I got all mixed up with you being one pound away from losing 100 with you being one pound away from being in the 3's. Sorry!! I think it was because my own 100 pound milestone worked that way, but I checked again, and you're not me! Hopefully we'll get to officially celebrate your 100 pound mark today, and your 'new century' very, very soon...

Nancy - That was a lovely photograph. You're blessed to have such pretty things to look at so close to where you live.

Donna - Happy car shopping! I wanna go car shopping!!

I had a very nice weekend at a family cottage in Northern Ontario. Beautiful spot, and wonderful to see family if only briefly. I'll spend more time up there when my vacation comes around, which is not now, which you'd never know by the existence of this post. So, um, back to work then!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: tight 26/26/14

A belated Happy Birthday to Brenda and Ammi

Donna - Happy car shopping! We're going car shopping too, but for a new used car. I can't wait to see Hairspray. I love the musical and the other movie. I keep songs from those on my workout playlist.

Brenda - Don't forget the sunscreen when you work the farmer's market. I don't know if I can get any more red than I am right now! My kids took my sunscreen out of my balloon bag and I didn't know until I got to the market. Glad you enjoyed the concert.

Kansas City is getting some much needed rain today. My flowers were looking pretty sad. The best part is that it came on Monday! If it rains on the weekend I don't earn any money, so I'm thrilled that it's a rainy Monday.

John - WELCOME!

Annie - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I would cross my toes too, but I'm not that talented.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Donna -- You could give yourself an injury throwing these Harry Potter books around!! Careful! Don't worry, though, I won't give anything away....but did you get to the part where Harry says....

I remember reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was a teenager. I was studying French and loving all things French... though I did read it in English! It was a HUGE book and a real slog. Page after page after page describing "le cathedral" -- most of which I skipped. But it was a great read, and I do remember getting to the end and just hurling the book across the room I was so upset!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Mornin all

What a weekend I walked to my aunt and uncle's BBQ on sunday round trip was 6.7 miles. Had a good time shock my family with the fact that I walk there. Didn't eat much. I did stop on the way home at the this place called the cow. This place is always super busy lines always out to the street. They sell Italain ice and frozen custard. I got a kids mix of Ice and custard and it was wonderful. They even have sugar and fat free Italain ice.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Hello All,

Just thought I'd better check in as once again it's been a while. to all who wished me a happy birthday. I did indeed have a wonderful day. I put a couple of pictures on the picture page, mainly to show the difference in how I look now compared to on my birthday last year

Since I last wrote, I bought an exercise bike. It takes up a load of space and is in the way a lot lol, but I don't mind giving up the space if it's something Daren and I can both lose to get the weight shifting. It only arrived today so I am looking forward to my first work out on it

I lost 1 lb at my last WI, and even with my birthday weekend treats I am hoping to still see a loss at my next WI thanks to the new bike

Brenda - A belated happy birthday to you. Loved the pics of the concert, how did you get such great shots of the performers? Were you that close, or do you just have an amazing zoom feature on your camera? I loved the pic of the abandonned flip flops too, what a mess huh!

Donna - I was going to go see Hair Spray yesterday but the weather was so foul I just wasn't in the mood. I really wish I'd gotten in the mood though because you've confirmed what I assumed, that the film is brilliant. Oh well, the occasion has gone now, so I guess I'll wait for it to come out on DVD

I got the Harry Potter book too, I have yet to start it. I kind of don't want to read it in case all the rumours of an unhappy ending are true. I will read it though, but J K better be prepared to run if I don't like the ending, I'll be going after her

Metachick - thank you, yes I did have a lovely birthday. I ate too much, I drank too much and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Stacey - I don't believe we've met, or if we have, I've got a memory like a sieve and I have forgotten. So 'hi' and a belated :wel3c: from me

Heather - hey I'm still around, just finding it hard to get the time to keep up with all I need to do on the PC. Daren bough me an MP3 player for my birthday, so today I am rooted to the PC uploading all my CDs onto the thing so I can choose my fave work out songs and put them on the MP3 player. So as I am around I thought I'd take advantage of my time and would write a quick post

John - HI and a belated from me. I used to post a LOT here, my posts were boringly long You've definitely found the most brilliant place there is for friendship and support along your weight loss journey

That's brill that you walked to your Uncle's BBQ

Annie - I am sure your WI went brilliantly today and I am dying to hear just how brilliantly

A big HELLO to everybody I've been missing and to all the newbies I've not yet had chance to meet. Have a great week all and I hope the FFM is kind to us all

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-23-2007, 11:30 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Great to hear from you! I checked out those pics and WHAT a difference! Not only in the clothes, but I love that haircut on you!

How else has your life changed in the past year????
Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #11  

just popping in to say hello .. i have been rather busy for the past week and this week well i am reading Harry Potter.Ammi i love those pictures! Hi Annie how you doing?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Morning Everyone,

Xena: I hope you are feeling better really soon!

Nancy: Wow. That is so beautiful where you walk. I hope you enjoy your walking outside while the weather is good!

Peggy: Thanks for starting the thread. Hope you have a super day.

Brenda: I'm glad that you had fun at the concert. Sorry there was so much mud. The pics are great.

Donna: I want to see Hairspray too. Good luck finding the perfect car. How fun.

Meta: Hugs. Glad you had a nice weekend!

Balloonlady: I can cross my toes. lol My dh calls my toes "Monkey Toes". lol.

Heather: LOl about the book. I don't know the whole story of the "Hunch Back" but it was funny the way you talked about reading it. I guess I am just about the only person not reading HP. I have never read one of them. I guess I better start. lol.

John: Wow. What a great walk you did 6.7 miles is amazing!

Ammi: I love the photos you put on. You are looking so wonderful. You have always been beautiful but what a knock out you are! Love your hair too. Hugs.

Patti: I miss you so much. What have you been up to besides reading HP?

Well, I am off to do more exercise. I have my weigh in tonight of coarse so I will post my weight soon. I am so close to being able to weigh on my home scale it is just killing me. lol. Hope everyone has a wonderful op day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 07-23-2007, 12:50 PM   #13  
katieray

S/C/G: 305/305/175

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

my name is Katie - I am new to this site - I found it while browsing around looking for weight loss help. everyone seems so nice here and i really think the motivation that other people put out there can help me. I am 23 years old and am at 310lb - i have been that way for a while - joined WW and only lost a few but then gained it back - depression=eating. i am trying to get back on track and trying to get motivated - if anyone has any helpful tips i would be glad to know!! any help i can get (and im sure i can get a lot by the looks of it) would be GREAT.
thank you - and happy belated birthday to the few people that celebrated this past week.
-katie
Old 07-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #14  

dogpal.. i have just been busy i went and stayed 4 days with my sister and now home trying to get back into my routine.. its harder than i thought but i will get back into it.. you my dear are doing wonderful though!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:07 PM   #15  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Brenda – Ugh – that mud looks crazy! I am glad you had a good time and had a nice birthday.

Donna – I had a 1998 Saturn before my current car and I really liked it. I hope you find a nice new vehicle for yourself.

Meta – Northern Ontario cottage country is really pretty. I hope you get a chance to get some good relaxing summer time.

Stacey – We got a crazy amount of rain here today as well. Much better on a Monday than over the weekend!

John – 6.7 miles is a pretty long walk! It sounds like you did great at your family bbq.

Ammi – You look so great! Thanks for posting your pics and letting us know how you are. That’s so cool that you got an exercise bike.

Annie – I can’t wait to hear how your weigh in went!

Katie - I think the best place to start is to choose just a few areas to make small changes in and then go from there. Things like cutting out fast food, sweetened drinks, etc. are great places to start. Also getting some type of exercise – getting out for a walk for example. A lot of people like the Walk Away the Pounds dvd’s.

I had a really productive day yesterday and got a lot done at home. It is really starting to come together. Now I just need to finish up the office and get rid of all the boxes! I actually had the problem the last two days of eating under my calories and then being really hungry right before bed. I have to try and plan better so that I don’t do that because I don’t sleep as well when I eat something right before sleep. I am about half way through Harry Potter and trying to stay away from anything that will spoil the ending. I just wish I had the large print version so that I could take it on the elliptical, but instead I am reading Treasure Island. I tend to have at least 3 books going at once – one at home, one at the gym and one in the car (book on tape).
Closed Thread