Old 07-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Default Hallelujah Diet

My brother has started the Hallelujah Diet ~ I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I looked it up on the internet, appears to be mostly vegetarian I would say, maybe vegan.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #2  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I looked it up on Wiki, and they give a food pyramid- basically, raw fruits and vegetables on the bottom, then vegetable and fruit juices (fresh), cooked veggies, baked grains, and essential fats. Save for the honey, it is vegan. I wonder why this is marketed towards the Christian community only? And why the supplements? Except for B12, which can be hard to come by in a vegan diet, they don't seem to serve much purpose. If you were to add some sprouts, it would look exactly like a raw food diet.

I don't mean to seem skeptical, Gary, I just wonder what the thought process of the reverend behind it is as it has a "diet" counterpart (the raw diet). I'm all for religion supported diets- I found that incorperating spirituality into my own process was one of the great contributors to my success, so I'm certainly not knocking that aspect

Last edited by junebug41; 07-21-2007 at 10:53 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thanks Kiddo ~ I am always skeptical One of the reasons I posted this. I was hoping to run across someone that had tried it for an extended period of time and posted their results. I am pretty sure my brother...ok...POSITIVE...he won't stay on it, but I want to support him the best I can.

He isn't super heavy...245 for his 6' 2'...but he has that beer belly like me Only his isn;t from beer...I would say burgers and Kraft Mac & Cheese! He loves that stuff!

His biggest obstacle is his leg. He was hit by a truck, while riding his motorcycle, 33 years ago. His leg came witin minutes and inches of amputation...doctor decided to save it. His ankle is fussed. Over the years this has caused a bad back, hip, knees (which was also shattered) and of course his leg.

He is a working fool! does drywall like me...but...he is wearing down and the pain increases each day. He is just looking for some improvement for his body....denial has finally been OVERTHROWN!

Thanks Jen ~ I hope that air clears up for you!

Have a great week-end, Gary
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Well, if he sticks to it I can't see why he wouldn't feel at least a little bit better. That diet at it's base is intended to improve well being- not just weight loss- and it sounds like that's what he's after. Wish him luck!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:05 PM   #5  
Determined to be healthy

S/C/G: 235

Height: 5'6"

Smile Hallelujah Diet

I am starting the Hallelujah Diet tomorrow.....I have the book and it sounds so healthy and reading it really gets you encouraged to follow it. Yes, its mostly raw, but for the evening meal, you do eat cooked. But, it is vegetarian...no meat, fish, etc. I have had friends on this and the weight just fell off of them in no time. I weigh 235..my all time highest , and I have to get this weight off. I want to lose about 50 lbs. or more. My biggest problem is my huge stomach!! I will let you know how I do on this......if anyone wants to do it with me, that would be great.
-Colleen
Colleenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've heard of the Hallelujah diet before. I've never tried it, but it doesn't seem dangerous by any means (at least not to me.) It certainly looks healthier then eating burgers and Kraft mac & cheese all the time.

I think a lot of us are aware that drastic changes can be hard to stick to, so I wish your brother luck and strength if this is what he wants to do. I think it's great that he's no longer in denial and that he realizes he needs to do something. That's a HUGE step towards a better lifestyle, even if he doesn't stick with this diet.

What a great brother you are! I think it's wonderful you are looking out for him. As always, you rock!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote