Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #1  

Red face Finally did it!! So excited

Well I finally went today. I start the drink on Sunday and Monday and then I go in and get moving. I can't wait. My question is? To all of you successful weight loss user do you use any of the pills they have? If so which ones. I would like to have a little outlook on what to expect when I go on Monday. Thanks
dwilkinsonofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #2  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Way to go! Good luck with your weight loss journey. There are many here that do not do the supplements or the LA Lites (me included). They will try very hard to sell them to you, though!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #3  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Hi,
I do use the lites (bars). Purchase is required as part of my contract. However, I do not use any of the pills. I have lost 7 lbs in 3.5 weeks. I feel that it is a very sound plan.
Welcome aboard!
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #4  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I do the lites, but have never had any of the supplements. I just take a good multivitamin purchased elsewhere. They actually have never even tried to sell them to me.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 226/170/140

Height: 5' 6"

I do the lites as well, and have always enjoyed them. Its like a candy bar in the midst of a diet.

I don't do supplements either, and have done just fine without them . I try to take a daily multivitamin (One-a-day, or something like that), but I too often forget. Mornings are just hectic for me.
Jamboree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:46 AM   #6  
FBD/8-18-08

I think there is a thread of substitutions here somewhere that will tell you which supplements you can purchase elsewhere for much, much cheaper! My dh and I do the lites (I do them sometimes) and we do several supplements, but none from COD! Too expensive!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:19 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone. For the ones that use the lites. Do you spend the $29.00 a week to get them. Also seen them on ebay being sold. Thought that wasn't allowed!
Old 07-21-2007, 04:36 PM   #8  
Jennifer

S/C/G: 229.6/ticker/145.0

Height: 5'8"

I wont get "sold on" the lites until Tuesday but I plan to buy them. Dont know if I can afford to bulk them, it depends how much of a discount they give.

I am sure your center wants you to buy them from the center and not on Ebay. But as far as Ebay goes (I sell lots of stuff on their), you can sell anything you get from La Weight Loss except the printed materials (like the menu plan or diaries). Some people get away with it, others get pulled and warned.
SummerLuvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

I have been buying lites on ebay since I first started LAWL. I only got one "old" batch of lites. I wised up and started asking questions, expecially about the bars that had been discontinued in some areas. For example, I love the fruit and oat, but it has been discontinued in many areas. I discovered that some people were selling boxes with a 2003 copyright, rather than the 2005 that the newer boxes have. I make sure about that before I buy any bars. I even ask people who are going to get them "fresh from the center." Who knows how long some flavors have been sitting in the back room?

A lot of people have finished their programs, but have a lot of boxes of lites left at the center. Their loss of $$$ can be your gain, if you educate yourself as to the appearance of the boxes, etc. on the most up-to-date products. There are no stupid questions to ask of a seller if it is YOUR money involved.

I do occasionally see people selling their actual plan books and spare diaries, rather than bootlegged stuff. You do not see real plan materials very often, though. I suspect there will be more people selling their old plans on ebay as this new plan takes off.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #10  

Thanks for the answers. So it looks like the lites taste pretty good.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 PM   #11  

Congratulations! I didn't lose any weight at all the first couple of days on the drink, but have lost 7.4 pounds in the last two weeks and I'm really excited about that. My husband and I are both on the program, and we do not buy their supplements and we do not buy their Lites. We each have 2 Luna bars a day in place of the Lites (they are nutritionally equivalent to the Lites, cheaper than the Lites and, to us, taste far better than the Lites). I find it helps stave off my sweet tooth. We both take a multivitamin - my hubby tooks his in to the center and showed it to them and they couldn't find anything about theirs that was better than what he was already using, so no sale there.

I think LAWL is a really good program, and wish you much success with it!
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:49 PM   #12  

Thanks may I ask what is the Luna bars? I have seen it said many times just not sure what it means. Are they like the slim fast bars? I like them!
Old 07-21-2007, 09:50 PM   #13  
Stephsjourney

S/C/G: 195/191/149

Height: 5'4

Default I don't do the lites

I don't do the lites either (too expensive) To get the biggest discount, you have to spend alot of money and my counselor tried to get me to finance them on a "medical" credit card! I wouldn't do it. I bought the enrollment plan with a variety box, so I tried them and they ARE great, but I thought with posts like this one, I could be creative in my snack making and live without the expense. Good Luck!

ps. On the first two days, try eating low fat low sodium lunchmeat with celery, it is really good!
stephsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #14  

Thanks for the tip. I do like turkey and celery. The hardest part for me at least the first two days intill I know more about the plan will be bread!
Old 07-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #15  
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

I use the bars, but not the supplements. Doesn't sound like too many people do use them from the posts I've read.

I have bought the bars in bulk in the past - it is a tremendous discount. They end up costing around $10 a box. Also, occasionally they'll offer different types of discounts - most recently they offered a 10 bulk for $89.50 at my center. Now, that's a bargain.

Don't let them talk you into buying them on credit. It's not worth it, especially when you can find suitable substitutes that are readily available in local stores (like the Luna bars). When my current bulk supply runs out, I may switch for a while just to have some variety in flavors.
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote