Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default summer cows grazing in verdant pastures

well i am in fredericton==== a beautiful town on the saint john river,and the fields are filling out with corn and raspberries and tomatoes,so i invite all you cowpies to loll in the pasture and partake of the luscious fruits of summer---i will go and grind up some wheat for our fresh bread,and we shall feast on strawberries and wine under the weeping willows =-------------------lah tee dah-00000=-000000000000 now report in you wayward heifers!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #2  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Holy Carp!

This is unusual -- I'm away for 3 days and you guys fall asleep. I've been trying to get a wireless connection since we left Saturday a.m. and havn't gotten connected once. Then this morning DD sat down, turned it on and had a connection immediately. We had a good trip down, made great time and got here in time for dinner on Sunday. The beach is beautiful, hot, humid but breezy (and TGFA/C).

Fredtown sounds idyllic, Bagz. The river is so gorgeous; we haven't spent much time in the city but have been to the prov park nearby.

Gotta go swimming. Tata

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:43 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Ahhhhhhh Swimming In The Ocean--how Delightful=----the River Is Lovely To Look At But I Fear A Bit Slimy On The Bottom-----the Golf Course Is Gorgeous But Alas I Am A Duffer----carry On Cows
Old 07-17-2007, 01:47 PM   #4  
loves kleenex box art

Yesterday, I felt I had to go to two certain schools and take packets of stuff showing how grrrrrrreat I am. On the way, my car made noises like when you put a card on your bike spoke and then it coyly said "ping" and fog came out the vent. I turned off the a/c and drove it to my mighty mechanics who said the a/c I had paid over $1,000 for in March was out of warranty (3 months) but "that's bullsh*t. I'll make it good." I love my mechanics.

So DS had to fetch me as I didn't want to arrive at schools all sweaty like Kiwi. One school was locked but there were lots of cars there so I called on the cell phone and asked if someone could come to the door and take this packet from me. Secretary was there alone as everyone had gone to workshop and had locked the door so she could go potty. She came out, saw DS, remembered him from when he went to school with her DD and chatted him up. Then she gave me an appt. Which I just had. And if I get past the guy on the very very top, I'm hired.

Only fear is that I had talked to the very-very guy and have written about him in the news and I hope hope hope I never p*ss*d him off.

So ..if car had not broken ds would not have been with me and I might not have got appt so readily and so on and so on and stuff.

Been waching DVDs of Martin & Lewis and the Colgate Hour. Jerry Lewis was SOOOO CUTTEEE. Actually, he looked a lot like ex-dh when they were both young.

When I get a job and make money, I'm going to Freddy Town and eat strawberries and blueberries and raspberries and drink yoo hoo.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:48 AM   #5  

Since it stopped raining here, it is h.o.t.
Wish I were in Canada!!
Or just on vacation.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:23 AM   #6  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

PEACHBAT!! what a serendipitous event that turned out to be!!! here is a bushel full of strawberry wishes for your success!!!---i am very excited as the local garden stall in the market has informed me that the raspberries===my VERY favourite berry on the planet will be available at the end of the week!!NOW WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE BERRIES,COWCANS????----and painty--it's always cool where i live----last night it was 12 degrees {celsius}---53 degrees F!!! today it may get up to 20--around 68----we can get as high as 75 in the sun and out of the fog or wind!! however ,this is just in my town---fredericton has temps up to 95-------------like they always say----10 degrees cooler on the coast----- I usually complain until i go to a hot place and then i can't take it!----ramble ramble ramble---if you go back to all the summer posts i have ever made,i ususally drone on and on about how cold it is up here--------------feel free to SKIM!!!!!-----maybe i will make some biscuits for my strawberry jam!!! maybe i will eat too many of them----maybe i will shut up now and move on-------GOOD LUCK PEACH--REPORT BACK AND KIWI=====HOW WAS THE OCEAN SWIM????
Old 07-18-2007, 08:56 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Talking No A/C, no ocean, no raspberries

Headache since Saturday. Too hot to post. Will post anyway for procrastination's sake.

Boiling hot but looks like rain. Go figure.

Peachy!!!! Amost hired is GOOOOOOOOOOOOD. I KNOW you're going to get this job.

Kids are out of school for the summer. Must go do stuff.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

Almost hired is not the same as being able to pay bills. But I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llly want, need, am drooling for job.

Want to tell Sugar that DS had to go to orthodontist and naturally we went next door to eat German food. I had curry wurst which catsup with curry powder and two very dry (unfatty I hope) crumbly sausage. Pretty good. Never thought of putting curry power into catsup and can tell you that it's still catsup.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM   #9  
fatter than U

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
I had curry wurst which catsup with curry powder and two very dry (unfatty I hope) crumbly sausage
Yes! They have currywurst in Dogpatch! That's the former Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder's favourite. BUT watch out...it has something like 30 g of fat per 100g of sausage. Fatty, fatty, fatty fat wrapped up in an innocent looking weenie. I have no idea who thought up the putting curry powder in the ketchup thing. Here they cut it up in little pieces and pour the ketchup over and you eat it with a plastic toothpick thingie. So sophisticated.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:37 PM   #10  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
And if I get past the guy on the very very top, I'm hired.
Yay!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Headache since Saturday.
You need a prescription for Relpax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Here they cut it up in little pieces and pour the ketchup over and you eat it with a plastic toothpick thingie. So sophisticated.
What? They don't mix grape jelly with the ketchup?

The ocean is beautiful!! Warm but not too warm. However the waves are real monsters this year with lots of undertow. Tough to swim for very long.

The BF arrived yesterday so DD is happy. And all the kids think he makes a very good climbing gym.

Tomorrow is our last beach day. Where did the week go?

Hope everyone is chillin'. Except Bagz, who should have a hot flash or something to warm up.

Kiwi
Old 07-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #11  
loves kleenex box art

Update from Dogpatch: The woman who fired me is no longer in her job. She still works for the organization but in a position where is not so free to run amuck. I have heard that she said something about a "letter" but no details were included in the gossip .. I mean information.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:31 AM   #12  
Member w/ messiest house

Talking

Hee Hee Hee That's very gratifying, eh? I love it!! Way to go.

I went to see 1408 tonight, which was kind of fun, mainly because I was sitting in stadium seating and pretty close and it was shot very closeup with some good suspense. Hardly movie of the year, but fun. The kids (the older ones) went to Pirates of the Caribbean which ended up being so much longer than my movie that I had to sit around and wait for them for an hour and a half in the steam. They had my car keys so I couldn't even go for a drive or listen to music or enjoy the a/c. Which explains the goofy message you got on your cell, Peachie. On the drive home I heard my message beep, but somehow I cannot locate my phone any more which explains why I haven't listened to it or replied. Tomorrow I assume I will find it under the seat of the car or something.

There is some nice person here at the beach who I would like to thank for the open wireless connection. Well, unless he is hacking into mycomputer or something with it.....

I am like a yokel in New York City with this high speed internet. I just updated my Norton Antivirus, which needed about 1.5 mb of updates. Thewhole process took less than a minute. At home I would be sitting there waiting for about 20 minutes wondering when I was going to get some bandwidth back...

My mother is so funny. She really can't do carp on the computer, but she is fully invested in the age of technology. When we are watching a DVD or something, she'll push a button on the player expecting instant results (and then push the button a few more times for good measure while I give her a look as the tray goes in and out a few times...) and if I'm looking something up on the computer she expects it right this second. Lord. When even my mom is impatient for faster technology, you know the world has gone to **** in a handbasket.

Who can live in this climate I want to know. Too dang hot and humid for me. Much as I love the beach and the ocean and seeing my family, give me cool nights and hot days that don't suffocate you, anytime. And I must mention, I miss my puppy. Oh and I suppose the hubster too, if I must..... but really, he could have come with and didn't. Jet had no choice.

Oh yeah -- John Cusack, mm hmm. Not hardly Johnny Depp, but enjoyable to watch.

Kiwi
Old 07-20-2007, 02:19 AM   #13  

TV news seems to be making DH VERY CRABBY.
I am reverting to immature reactions and thinking that it's my fault. Makes me want to eat eat eat eat eat eat. feh.
Don't plan to give in.
TTYL
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #14  
Member w/ messiest house

I haven't watched or read the news all week. Is the world still there?

Around here news is a thunderstorm or a catamaran toppling over.

We're out of here tomorrow so today is probably the last I'll get to be online. Have a good weekend.

Kiwi
Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 PM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

yessss have a good weekend cowtanks!!! i have an american cruise ship visiting me tomorrow so i have to get my sleep====i feel like an army girl during the second world war waiting for my ship to come in----dd21 is home from her european vacation so i am catching up on news from the continent.otherdd is still there with her danish lover----how ooh la lah my daughters have become----compared to the peddlar their mother has become.