Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #1  
aka Linda

S/C/G: 218/200/150

Height: 5'9'

Thumbs up Just started Sonoma Diet

Hi all,

I have just started the Sonoma Diet this week and so far so good! The food is really yummy, and I feel like there is more than enough food. I have had some nasty cravings for sweets though and had a terrible headache yesterday...which I attribute to the lack of sugar in my diet...lol

I look forward to some support and guidence from those who have gone before me

Has anyone used the online website? Is it worth the money?

Cheers

Aerie
aerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/215/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome, I'm new here and to the diet as well--on day four and doing great. Can't wait for steak and blue cheese wraps for lunch! We're following the menu plan in the book for the most part, but with all the leftovers we've had to shift things around a little. We're going to have to learn when to half recipes! The toasted quinoa pilaf was awesome with a few sauteed mushrooms added (oyster and shiitake). This board isn't getting much traffic, but maybe we can liven it up a little!

I found an old thread on here that said the website wasn't worth the money--same stuff that's in the book for the most part.
twnkltoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #3  
aka Linda

Hi twnkltoz!!

I just finished my first week...it was fantastic. The food was super yummy and there was never a hungry moment. It has actually been quite fun making all these new foods, especially since they all turned out to be easy and delicious.

And here is the best part *drumroll* I lost 9 pounds! (and I don't even care if it is all "water weight"! lol) How have you fared this week?

I am a bit worried that it will come back as I am going to europe for a week on Wednesday, and won't be making all my own meals. Fingers crossed!

TT, if you'd like to be diet buddies or something I'd be up for it...when I get back in a week or so

Good luck to you and everyone else.

Linda
Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM   #4  

Great job! I've been enjoying the food, and really enjoying shopping and cooking with my husband. I'm trying to be open minded about the food because there are a lot of things I don't normally like. I'm expanding my horizons!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #5  

I have just finished Day 2 of Wave 1. The food has been fantastic. I have fixed Greek Salad with Grilled Shrimp, Easy Balsamic Chicken, and Marinated Flank Steak along with Sauteed Broccoli, Roasted Red Peppers & Goat Cheese.

I have a problem I haven't seen addressed......it's too much food! I was still so full from lunch today, that I felt like I was forcing dinner down, and now I feel stuffed. Any suggestions? I guess the obvious is to reduce the amount of food on my plate. But will that mess up the recommendation from the book to 'fill your 9-inch plate'? It doesn't make sense that I would eat the same amount of food as a bigger person ( I am 5'1 and approx. 140 lbs.)

Anybody have any advice for me?
mountaingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #6  

I would say that you should only eat until you're full. If you can't eat all of the suggested portion sizes, it's obviously too much for you. I haven't had that problem!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:46 PM   #7  
aka Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingirl View Post
I have a problem I haven't seen addressed......it's too much food!

... 'fill your 9-inch plate'? Anybody have any advice for me?
Hi, I have found it is a lot of food as well...I don't fill my plate as full, I keep the protein portion the same and skimp a bit on the rest, I have also kept the extra for snacks.

Oh what a problem to have when losing weight...

Hope that helps.
Linda
Old 07-09-2007, 02:00 PM   #8  
aka Linda

How is everyone doing this week?

I have found that since adding back sugars albeit in the form of fruits of course! (ok I did have chocolate when I was on holiday ) that I had such cravings for sweets and food in general...all the old bad binging feelings have returned.

Anyone else notice this?

Linda
Old 07-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW175/CW159/GW145

I have the same problem with fruit...espec. bananas...the sugar starts the cravings...but my doctor also told me to stay away from carrots as much as possible for the same reason. I find berries much better, fewer triggers.

I'm also finding that I tend to over volume my food....I started at Fit day counting calories, even tho' you shouldn't have to....I just eat too much, even of the good stuff. Since being faithful with Fitday, I've dropped two pounds in two days. I know it won't continue, but I am excited to drop below 160, finally, after months of being stuck. I just have to learn what is appropriate, and resist the return of bad habits.
artmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #10  
aka Linda

I have gone back on wave one to try and quell the sugar cravings, and try to stick to berries...but the necterines and peaches are out now and sooooo yummy

I should check out fitday as well...what is it exactly?

Linda
Old 07-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #11  

Fortunately, I rarely have sugar cravings so that's not really a problem for me!
Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM   #12  
aka Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnkltoz View Post
Fortunately, I rarely have sugar cravings so that's not really a problem for me!
You are so lucky!!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:40 AM   #13  

Aerie, where in Northern California are you, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #14  
aka Linda

I'm in a small town in Napa County.

Linda
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #15  

Neat, I love it there. We had a mini-vacation in our timeshare in Windsor a few months ago and had a great time exploring the area!