Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #1  
No More Badonkadonk!

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Default Ready, set....just make a pot of coffee.

I set my alarm for 5:45am this morning. I hit snooze until 5:55. I kept saying "Amy, just get up and walk the neighborhood. Just do it."
I put on my clothes, shoes and socks, went downstairs, opened the front door and was greeted by a large clap of thunder and a very intense lightning strike. So I made a pot of coffee
It figures that on my first day trying to work out in the morning...it was pouring!
dietcokehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Been there.

Get you a walking away the pounds video with Leslie Sansone...best thing i ever did. It works wonders on those hot days, cold days, or rainy days. It is the most fun you can have walking indoors. It is easy to follow and i sweat more with her than i do during a regular walk outdoors. I love her.

I get her videos from netflix, but i am sure libraries have them for free to rent, so you can choose which one is right for your fitness level.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #3  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm actually looking forward to running in the rain! Although if there was a lot of lightening I may think twice about it!

So yeah, unfortunately the weather doesn't always cooperate with our fitness efforts. When that happens do something at home, even if you don't have any videos you can do push ups, sit ups, lunges, leg lifts, squats, etc. It would be a good idea to invest in a set of resistance bands or one of those exercise balls or a set of 5 or 8 lb. hand weights so even if you can't get out for a walk you can do something.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Sheesh, sometimes the world just doesn't want to cooperate, does it? I would have gone for the coffee, too.

You've got to be safe, so I think you made a good choice to stay in. I agree with the other poster, though - maybe look into a DVD or something else you can do at home on the days it is just too gross to go out?
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:08 PM   #5  
No More Badonkadonk!

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I ended up doing the 30 minute Yoga session on On Demand. It wasn't too bad. Tonight, I'm roller skating with my daughter-weather permitting of course.
dietcokehead is offline   Reply With Quote