Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 11:44 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #146

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Welcome !!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 11:47 AM   #2  

Smile This is NOT my post... I moved Michelle over

I found Michelle alone on the second page so I moved her here to begin our new thread. She has some GREAT news I didn't want anyone to miss. Here is Michelle's post.....

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much this week...I am finding less time being home with my son then I did working full time! At least at work I could sneek on and get paid for it! LOL

I had my weigh in this morning...and I was shocked...I thought it was going to be ugly but I was quite surprised to lose 7.2 lbs! I did something right!

I have to go back and read the rest of the thread...hopefully after I get back from a meeting I have to go to this afternoon. I will be back! Famous last words! Hope you are all doing AOK!

Chow for now! Michelle
Old 03-21-2002, 12:04 PM   #3  

Angry Hello

I will keep up !!! I will I will I will !!!!!!!!! You guys zoom right along huh ? I know this is the right one lol of course I lost which I posted on last but I am here ... better late then never .....Too funny about the clothes I needed that laugh . I thought it was just me ! Do you know if anyone makes a half top that covers the belly ???? All my shirts are way down to cover my spare ... by now that sucker could fit on a tractor . I have lost two pounds this week though .... first time ever losing any wieght ! 2 pounds doesnt seem like a whole lot though to me I tried so hard all week and was so good I feel I deserve to lose alot more . I know this will be a long road and a battle like no other I have ever fought .... Just that all the other battles I have fought the opponents didn't look so yummy , smell sooooooo good , were so comforting .... its like punching your mom in the stomach ..... I love my mom I would never do that but if she was making me buy from that aweful clothes section I might just have to .... Its the principal of the thing ... . Gotta run I will get done cleaning and come back and keep checking through the day so I can stay up with ya'll ... Have a SUPER DUPER DAY folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 03:36 PM   #4  

Default I'm back

Wow, I'm gone for a week and I had to read 4 thread's to catch up on all the juice.

I've been a bad bad girl, thank god for this site, just logging in this morning and reading the post have gotten me motivated again. The past week I've been so bad, all my bad eating habits have popped up, I'm eating way to much at supper, bein munching on chips all day long and not drinking any water. I can't seem to get into the excersie mode either. I want to lose this weight so bad, but being so good is so hard. Once again I have to start fresh get into the groove of things and try try again

I was hoping to lose 20lbs by my Birthday April 1st, that's 6lbs to go, so that's my new goal and I will do it. I'm finding that I can't stuff another veggie in my mouth, I'm getting so sick of them, and totally craving carbs, and once I start on carbs I'm a lost cause I can't control my self, need to find new and yummy ways to cook the veggies, or maybe try some new veggies I have'nt tried, how do you cook artichokes are they good

Hope everyone's doing better than I am.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:51 PM   #5  

Talking Hey

Just sitting here taking a break .... read duckies post .... wohooo me 2 I am fired up ! My birthday is July 16 wonder how much I can lose till then hmmm ... I will try n lose all I can without it being unhealthy ... two ponds down n some more uhhhhh lots more he he .. to go ! well just a quick note I dont want to miss anything so i will pop in periodically ... cause I have no life LOL !!!!!!
Old 03-21-2002, 08:47 PM   #6  

Michelle I can't believe you lost all that weight without us....you make me jealous. But I am thrilled for you.

wackoyako Congrats on your 2.....good for you.

Well, I have to go and study investments for a test at work tomorrow....are you all jealous??????

Baylee this weather is driving me nuts.....bring on Spring, please......
Old 03-21-2002, 10:09 PM   #7  

Gee... not many here today. We will just have to party without everyone else. LOL
Hi Duckie, wacko and lucky.
I have been so productive lately, I just havent made it here as often.
And I am in the mood to keep it going.. so I am just stopping long enough to say HI.
Hope more of you come and post soon.

Thankful Thursday....
I am thankful for the burst of energy to clean. It is a MIRACLE.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my cyber family.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-21-2002 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2002, 11:29 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just stopping by with a quick 'hi'. It's been a very busy day and I just got in. Got my paperwork ready to mail in the morning and I'm off again. Keep getting calls for more work, just can't stop!

You all sound like you're doing great. Congrats to all who have lost.

The clothing conversation is hysterical!

My food is holding it's own. I haven't jumped on the scale since Monday morning. I'll have to check in with it in the morning to see if I'm on the right track. If not, I'll have to work a little harder!

Gotta get some sleep. Big day again tomorrow. Love to all.

"It is the friends that you can call up at 4 A.M. (or catch on-line ) that matter." - Marlene Dietrich
Old 03-22-2002, 12:12 AM   #9  

I just wanted to remind everyone that this site will close Saturday night at midnight and suppose to open again on Sunday. Hopefully they will re-add our gifs.....but I doubt it.

You are suppose to get to this site via... www.3fatchicks and not by their IP... which are a bunch of numbers or something.

I am off to bed...
Old 03-22-2002, 12:41 AM   #10  

Well, guys...I am soo tired and am going to bed but wanted to pop in real quick. Got home late from my daughters party at Chuck E. Cheese. BOY what a rip off!! That cost WAY too much money!! Anyhoo, we are all going to bed cuz we have to get up early tomorrow to go back into Boise (about 40 miles away) for my daughters doctor appt. I ended up having to reschedule my sons appt cuz they were running so late and I was so mad, but that's another story.

Anyhoo...
THE BAD NEWS: I just doomed my weigh in tomorrow. I ate FOUR pieces of pizza, plus a piece of cake (but just one). Calorie- wise, it wasn't god awful cuz I kind of anticipated that I'd eat the pizza and cake, just not so much of it. I ended up at 2100 calories, but have been at 1400 or below for the rest of the week, so that's not the end of the world, but all that food weight and water retention is going to kill my weigh in. Maybe next week will look extra good then, huh?

THE GOOD NEWS: I didn't bring home the left overs. My friend's husband quickly volunteered to take the cake off my hands and I sent the pizza home with my MIL, so there is no more of that stuff here to tempt me.

So, it could have been worse. I'm not real upset over other than the weigh in thing. I usually account for 2 days at 2000 calories, and the other 5 days at 1400. I just don't like to have the 2000 calorie day right before weigh in. RATS!!

Anyhoo, off to bed with me. G'nite,
Jen

PS: wacko, you totally crack me up! What a great attitude!! Glad you joined us!!
Old 03-22-2002, 12:58 AM   #11  

Hi everyone,

The conversation about clothes was hilarious. I'm fed up with Lane Bryant's housecoat, tent clothes. Romans are pretty good, but I like Jessica London the best. Well, take that back, hands down Ross is the best. I love to shop there. I see the same Sag Harbor (sag?) in Sears. I bought couple of bras from walmart last nite. 42C from 44DD, is that awesome!!! My boobs are deflating. along with my behind.

Day 4 of my wendie, 21 day block. Today I followed the 1800 calories and weight lifted. I lost another pound. I'm down to 241. Yippee. I feel a gold star coming @ 240lbs with 8lbs lost. I'm going to the qvc website after this.

Do you recall my woodworking project? Well it was a fiasco. Too big and rocky. I bought a metal shelf. Will use the wood for practice sessions.

I had a lovely dinner of chicken caesar salad. Delicious.
Have a great Friday. TGIF.
Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 03-22-2002, 01:42 AM   #12  
Progress..not perfection

Angry You guys are the best!

Shhhhh.......I have to be vewwy vewwy quiet.....I'm hunting wabbits......... Woops! That's the wrong line! What I meant was, Shhhh.....be very very quiet.....I'm on the ol' workhorse's computer again.

Kat: I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants when I read your post about all the ugly sales clothes your MIL sends you. My Mom is the exact same way! She buys summer clothes that go on sale in the winter and winter clothes in the summer and even though she gets all this stuff for like .50 cents, but I just can't tell her that even though she's getting all these terrific bargains, she buying what no one else wanted!!!! She brought me another "inspiration" outfit over today. This one is the exact same style, the only difference is that it is bright orange and it has waves and lovely colored fishys swimming all over on the front. And I must tell you, it does inspire me...........it inspires me to never have to wear anything like that again!!!!

Baylee:That is such good idea that you had. We should definitely rotate the lovely green and now, the orange outfit around. Me and Kat could start rotating it and then pass them along to everyone. They would certainly give everyone a great big laugh!

Malia: The sandwich you had sounded awesome! You should really try the turkey and cucumber though. I'm not a real big fan of cucumbers, so I was a little hesitant to try it, but a friend of mine did and said she loved it, so I did, and it is really good! Hope you had some good rest.

Lucky: As soon as I can, I will take some pictures of these lovely outfits I have been bestowed lately and I will display them for all my friends to see, but don't be surprised if I can get this thing started if you one day get a box on your front porch with a lovely green outfit inside!!!

Michelle: 7.2 pounds!! That is soooooo awesome! You should feel so good about yourself. You certainly have been doing something right. And it is very good to see you even though you have been really busy.

Wacko: Congrats on the 2 pound loss! That is a great job! You are on your way. And 2 pounds is alot. Just think of it this way.......you have lost 8 sticks of butter. And your right.....this will be a long road, but you are traveling on this road with friends and we will be with you along the way.

Duckie: Don't feel bad. We have ALL been where you have been. We are all human and it happens. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and remember all the reasons why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place. I think sometimes in the midst of trying to be so good and do the exercising and drink the water and count the calories, and we get so caught up with the "diet" that we forget what is really important......that is eating healthier so we can live longer. We are all behind you on this!

2cute: Isn't it great to be productive? By the way, can you tell me what that word means? I don't think I have been productive since the day I started third shift. I love the shift, I am just having a hard time adjusting to it. Was just a huge slug today. I am definitely going to do better. Hope you and your family are well. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Thin: Glad your on track. Knew you could do it. It is so hard sometimes, isn't it? Sometimes it seems so much easier to just go chow down on a big mac, huh? Sounds like you have been real busy lately too working on your "bra jobs" and that can really run you down too. Hope your having a good day.

Jen: I think you did a GREAT job with your trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I know that you ate more than what you wanted to, but you were aware of what you ate. Think of all the times you would have went there and didn't even care how much pizza you ate........probably had 2 or 3 pieces of cake. I know that's what I have done. Just the fact that you are aware of what you ate and counted the calories is a victory in itself. Maybe you didn't do as well as you wanted to, but in my opinion, you were alot better than you may have been in the past and that is a success! Way to go!

Hi to Grannie! Hope you had a good day.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for a loving DH and children.
I am thankful 30 pounds of this massive body is gone.
I am thankful for my friends here at 3FC.

Well, I guess I will go for now. My co-worker is giving me the evil eye. Love to all
Old 03-22-2002, 06:25 AM   #13  
I'm on my way!

Good morning everyone!!

Rise and Shine! Its time to get our exercise shoes on and go out running, jogging or walking! Yeah right! LOL

Lucky....I did NOT do it without all of you! I was lurking and laughing all week. Just after reading all the activity going on all week long I didn't have the time to post anything constructive. I have an 18 month old running around destroying the house! I think that may have contributed to the loss too...chasing him around!

2Cute...thanks for moving me over...I hate being alone...I hated it when I realized I was on the second page! Prodcutive huh? What have you been productive at? If its house cleaning will ya come do mine? I think I just about got a handle on doing the laundry! Its having babies right on my bedroom floor! I swear it is!!

QueenB...did you tell your mother you didn't like the outfits? If you did you are brave! Can you just wear them once when she is around, then maybe wear them around the house to clean in? Take a picture for sure but take a picture with you in them. Just think...then you will be down how many sizes? You could use that as your inspiration...get down to fit in them just so you can take a picture and send to us!! NO?

Jen..you did do a great job at Chuck E Cheeses. You GAVE AWAY the pizza and cake! I would have brought it home and ate more! Those are the kind of changes we need to succeed! And you are aware of what you ate and can make the adjustments. Sometimes the scale surprises us...like it did me this week. I truly thought I was going to have a gain! And look what I did!!

Wacko..congrats on the 2 lb loss! A loss is a loss...just keep adding those pounds off each week and they add up to one big loss! Now if I could lose 7 lbs a week I would be one happy girl!! LOL

Thin you work some late hours! What exactly do you do?

I have to say I am proud of myself....last night we decided to go out to dinner and I ordered a broiled filet of flounder with a baked potato and sour cream on the side no butter, with a ceasar salad dressing on the side. I brought home the whole salad for lunch today. I ate my fish and potato and was very satisfied. Of course I picked a couple of french fries off my son's plate. They are my downfall! But overall I done good for the first time in a restaurant! I didn't even eat the bread!!

Ok I know I left out a few people and I really don't like to do that. I know I like to read individual posts to myself. I am really sorry but my son is getting into something...cookies I think!! I will catch up again later today!!

Have a great day! Michelle
Old 03-22-2002, 08:12 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Hello fellow chickies

It is cold here this morning in the 30's down from the 80's bummer.

DH called and he won't be back till tomorrow.
I may get son to take me out to dinner tonight

Have to work today at the Library from 11-5

Glad all of you are posting yopu are all my inspriation. NO one ever buys me clothes but me. Don't have a mil but I can do without one like that.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:37 AM   #15  

GOOD MORNING LADY'S

Well it looks like it might finally warm up, it's only -18 C, today, isn't that crazy it's almost the end of March and where still getting way below freezing mark, it's been colder the last 3 weeks than it's been all winter, are we even going to get spring. I'ts hard to convince people we Canadian's don't live in Igloo's when we get this kind of weather. Lucky us

Well I pulled out the old weight watchers books last night, and have decided to try to follow the point program again, I need some boundries and when I do it on my own and not keep track I seem to think when I eat to much it doens't matter cause I don't have to write it down or make it accountable. My points for yesterday totaled 25.5 My point range is between 28-35 so I guess I should eat more, who would have thought.

I was digging through old boxes yesterday and found some of my old clothes, clothes I wore about 5yrs ago, there still a size 20 pants and 18 shirts but I looked good at that size and I would love to be down there again. Going to hang up a pair of white jeans and a nice fitted shirt, in my bathroom so I can see it every day, and help me keep motivated, I have about 6 pairs of jeans I'd love to get into.

I really need to get a new scale, it's only suppose to go up to 300lbs but when I step on it it goes past 300lbs and starts over again so I just add on whatever extra it reads, I know it's not much off than the doctor's scale, but I have to step on it at least a dozen times before it finally reads the same numbers over again. I wonder what I really weigh I'm afraid to look at any other scales, don't want to see a huge difference unless it's less than what mine reads. Any good brands of scales I should check into?

Congrats to all those who have lost some pounds, my scale said I gained 3lbs at first and then I stepped on it a few more times and it read that I lost 3lbs so I don't really know, I'm going to weight till this monday before I post any weight loss or gain.

My grandma use to send us the most tacky stuff for Christmas, she really like the sweatshirts with the puffy animal prictures on them, they never ever fit so I didn't have to pretend to like them, she finally decided to send money instead of gifts.

Well I predict another good eating day, let's get fit and healthy:sheep: Check in later

I can't find the wendi plan what thread is it on?

Last edited by Duckie25; 03-22-2002 at 09:56 AM.
Closed Thread