Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 AM   #1  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends July 16-22

It's a new day!!!

"Self delusion is pulling in your stomach when you step on the scales."
- Paul Sweeney

Last edited by Joni135; 07-16-2007 at 08:27 AM.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

New day, new week!

Good Morning Everybody!

Not much going on over on this end, have the day off after working the weekend. Will be heading to WI later, and just some running around.

Here's to a great POP day!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 AM   #3  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Mornin Joni and Sherry! New day - new week to be POP and enjoy life to it's fullest!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #4  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

good morning chickies, and Dan

I agree, its a new week, and my goal this week is to be pop, workout on my treadmill twice this week, and I am going swimming twice this week, plus I am golfing three times this week. On top of that we want to take the boat out and go water skiing and tubing. So excersice is planned.

Its not going to be easy - my bday tomorrow, and i am sure there will be lunches and bday cake etc, but I am determined.

you know the crazy thing is - we went out for dinner saturday night, and I was not op, had two long island ice teas - can't even tell you how much alcohol in those - and this morning I stepped on the scale praying it would be kind to me - and guess what - I was down a pound. I couldn't believe it. I got off, and back on, and yep - 144 - go figure! I am not changing my ticker though till it sticks for a day or two because I still can't quite believe it. I have been stuck at this weight for about 3 weeks, and then after a booze induced weekend, and some over indulgence on a few foods - the sclae moves. Oh well, I will take it!

Have a great day everyone!
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:59 AM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning gang... Repeat post here, as I stupidly posted this on last week's thread by mistake.. D'oh!!

Well, I'm back on the wagon today, as it were... I passed up the deep urge to get a breakfast burrito and settled for a lite and fit smoothie and an orange for breakfast... I'm sure my body will thank me for it later.. It better, or there's gonna be **** to pay..

Got really made at the scale this morning... I got on and it showed me a no change.. 205.0.. I thought "well, I can take that".. but I always get on and off a couple of times just to make sure, so I got on again and it showed me down to 203.6!!!! I thought "Holy CRAP!!!".. But just to be sure, I got on again.. This time, it showed me at 205.2, and stayed there for a couple more attempts, so I guess that's where I am... Hopefully, once Sunday's bad choices are "processed", it won't go much higher...

Oh, and Karen.. Since it takes a day or two for food to completely process, you probably won't see the true affects of your bad behavior until tomorrow.. Sorry.. Don't mean to be a downer.. BUT!! What you do today and tomorrow can affect the scales too, so try to be good..

Be one with your POP!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM   #6  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Morning!
Glad to hear everyone had a good weekend -even if the scale didn't move the right direction or far enough

I got in some exercise this weekend - Friday/rollerblading, Saturday/3.5 mile walk, Sunday/2 mile jog.

Then I get an email this morning from my old PT - wondering if we could do some "horse trading" Personal Training for Dog training --- HECK yea! I'll be sending her an email back any moment!

Scale is sticking to where it is - that's okay, I'm gonna keep on keeping on and it WILL move, it just has to at some point :-) LOL

Here's to a good week !
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

Good Morning All!
Had a great weekend - NOT OP... but great never-the-less! Worked Sat. Went to old church yesterday to see ODS do his "big head" puppet for the congregation. Well, he's been so faithful to prepare, learn the song he was "dancing" to, really wanting to do well... and the soundman turns the song off before it's over and he didn't get to do the big finish he's worked so hard on! I know that probably sounds silly to you guys but for a soon to be 17 yr old to get up in front of the whole church* (see note below) with a huge puppet head on, and dance and act out a song... it's a really big deal. He was so angry when it was over! I felt so bad for him.
*To add to it, the Youth Director decided NOT to let the youth (his peers) come in and watch his special and he was really hurt by her lack of support. Usually ALL the kids and youth come in to support one of their own... Then he tells me after church that the Youth Director is "making" them fast TV, video games, music, etc. for the next few weeks... and ODS is really fuming by now! First of all, we've taught our boys that fasting is a personal and private thing and you don't go blabbing it to everyone you know when you're doing one! AND, it is not for anyone to tell you WHAT to fast, but something you choose. So, the boys may be leaving with us in a few weeks, depending on how things go there... (wouldn't hurt my feelings at all because I hate the thought of us going to two churches!)
Okay, well we met with the Pastor after church to let him know we were leaving for another church due to the distance issue and he was GREAT!!! None of his usual antics, just prayed for us and our new church, blessed us, and thanked us for the 7 years of faithful work and helping his ministry. WOW! Of course, (for the moment) our boys want to continue there, so we'll be in and out occassionally. I guess we did it the "right way", because he's been know to sort of "blackball" some who have left and that would have made it an ugly, ugly situation.
Well, we decided to treat the boys and ourselves to our fav. Mexican rest. and of course there were the chips, etc. (I had lemon water, does that count?!)
Anyway, then for dinner, we did the steaks on the grill with baked potatoes (the first baked potato we've had since we started back in AUGUST!) Well, we only ate 1/2 a potato and 1/2 a steak, which was still more than we should have but since we'd planned to do TO today and tomorrow... WTH!!! (that's what the heck for those that don't know me!)
Okay, gotta get going - gotta cook cabbage and tilapia for the next two days. We're doing the Knudsens juice for the first time, so we'll see how it does...
I'll get back to personals later if I have time...
Here's to a successful TO and a successful POP week everyone!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:12 AM   #8  
-- Karen --

QUOTE]Dan2112;1776697]
Oh, and Karen.. Since it takes a day or two for food to completely process, you probably won't see the true affects of your bad behavior until tomorrow.. Sorry.. Don't mean to be a downer.. BUT!! What you do today and tomorrow can affect the scales too, so try to be good.. [/QUOTE]

no worries Dan,

i was kind of thinking along the same lines. Thats why I wasn't going to move my ticker yet, because I want to make sure its for real for a few days. I was pop yesterday, except I missed one fruit, and plan to be pop today as well.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #9  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I originally posted this at 5:30 a.m. on the other thread!!

Good morning! I would much rather NOT be awake right now, but our bed is infested with wiggle giggle bugs. One is 6 and the other is 3. I'm not sure how they took over, but they did. The little one has only been in a daybed for about a week and we are having a really hard time keeping her in her own bed. She wakes up about 5 every morning and sneaks down the hall to our room. The oldest is so excited because today, he starts a summer program at a local university. It lasts for 2 weeks and is 8:30 to 2 every day. Somehow, I got booted out of my own bed.

I have had a few really bad days and haven't been POP or anywhere close to it. I've got to get back on the stick!!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #10  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning everyone. i don't have to work til 5pm tonight, so i've got the whole day pretty much to workout, do laundry and do nothing! yay.

we leave for our trip on thursday...so i need to get packing. but i'm a procrastinator when it comes to that, so i'm sure it'll get done wed night!

anyway, i'll be back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #11  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Felicia - what a great start to the day!!! I miss waking up to a wiggle bug in my bed! Good luck to the oldest and his summer program.

The bad OP days are over... it's POP from here on out!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #12  
WonderWoman

i posted a new avatar pic and a new profile pic!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #13  
-- Karen --

Hi Jill,

You are looking awesome - every new picture you post, you look slimmer.
I wish I was on the beach with you!
Were are you at - looks like you live in North Carolina, so I am assuming you are at the ocean?
I wish we were closer to the ocean, there is something so soothing about the sound of it. I could sit and listen to it for hours.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #14  
WonderWoman

karen, i'm in NC, and we're about 2.5hr from the beach. we went to a really secluded area of ft fisher beach called kure beach. it's wonderful. love it. never lived anywhere near the ocean and now that it's so close, i can't get enough. very relaxing.
thanks for the compliments, really means alot to me.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:45 AM   #15  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote