Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM   #1  
KEN

S/C/G: 293/188/???

Default Facing 40 105lbs Lighter

Hi All..

I'm new here and have been searching a variety of groups for friends / weightloss buddies!!

Due to a back condition I have not been able to exercise for a few years and needed to lose weight...

I am happy to report that I have lost 105 lbs without exercise!!! It was hard and I have about 10 more lbs to go...

Hope you don't mind my jumping in here... also, if anyone is interested I just set up a myspace: myspace.com/WithoutExercise

I would love to join in if you don't mind?? Where do I start??
KEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #2  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi and welcome Ken

105 pound weight loss is awesome!! Way to go!

So, can you tell us how long it took you to lose the weight? What eating plan did you follow? What is the condition of your skin now since you haven't exercised? Do you have before and after pics?

I might have more questions later.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:24 PM   #3  
KEN

Default Hi (Pita?)

Sorry, Missed your name... I am currently writing my story but in short I started trying to lose weight almost 2 years ago... the first 3 months I didn't lose any weight - made a dr's appt to find out why... he said I had messed up my metabolism from some meds I had taken about 5 yrs earlier and then was just eating all wrong... he encouraged me to stick with what I was doing and I finally lost 1 lb in the 4th month...

My pix are available on myspace (myspace.com/WithoutExercise)...

Feel free to ask away!! & Thanks for the Warm Welcome!!!
Old 07-11-2007, 09:52 PM   #4  
Live with Intention

You can call me Pita, most do now a days.

I saw your pictures on My Space and you look terrific.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:07 AM   #5  
KEN

Thanks Pita, I appreciate the compliment!! You look good yourself =)

Can I ask what you are doing to lose weight? Also, how long have you been on the journey?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:54 AM   #6  
Live with Intention

I've been on this journey since I was 19. I've gained and lost and gained and lost many times over the years.

15 months ago I weighed 250 and was newly divorced and entering a brand new life. Over that time I have learned to retrain my eating habits from bad to good. I've learned to cook healthy, love vegetables and fruits, and I'm even understanding the benefits of exercise.

I have fallen off the wagon many times over the last 15 months and wish I had stuck to a plan from the beginning so I could be at goal right now. But everything in life needs its right time and this is the time in my life for getting this weight off! I know that I have said it's my time many times in the past, only to fall off over and over. But, eventually something clicks and it really is our time. I know in my heart that I will get to goal by this time next year or sooner.

My plan is to eat as healthy as possible with the best possible food choices. I count my calories faithfully and work on keeping them between 1400 and 1600. I work out at Curves 30 minutes, 4 times a week and do a 20 minute work out three times a week at home with an exercise ball and other ab exercises. I have become addicted to 3FC and all the wonderful advice and support that is here. And last night I joined TOPS (Take off pounds sensibly) which is support group and has a weekly weigh-in. I have been to TOPS before and the weekly accountability works well for me.

Any advice is welcomed, Ken. I believe in listening to those that have been there and accomplished their goal.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #7  
KEN

Hi Pita,

I have never counted calories but I believe it's a good thing to do, at least to get into a healthy eating pattern..

I updated my profile on myspace but here's some of the info I posted...

Skipping the part of HOW I gained.. getting to the point of HOW I lost...

First off I was not heavy growing up.. so when I decided it was time to lose I knew nothing about dieting and I didn't want to know anything about that lifestyle - I have watched friends/family yo yo over the years... so I researched everything from Weightloss surgery to many different diets to try and find the commonalities... and to pick the things from each that I believed would work for me...

I started taking notes and made a list of foods that would take more calories to burn than they gave me...

I started having SOMETHING for breakfast (I almost NEVER ate breakfast)

I started drinking SOMETHING... I was never good at even finishing a drink before... A business associate once asked why I never finished my drink when we would go out.. I was surprised by the question as I didn't realize I was doing that...

I started eating whole wheat/grain bread and pasta and brown rice (instead of those with white flour...

I started eating only meat & veggies @ restaurants - and would get a kids meal at fast food restaurants..

I started breaking my meals into smaller portions (instead of eating only one or two times per day)

I started eating a small snack between meals... (again, a healthy snack!) usually fruit.. but not always!

I gotta run now, but will post more later...
Old 07-13-2007, 07:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Great job on the 105 lb loss !!
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:12 PM   #9  
KEN

Default Thanks!!

Thanks!! & WOW!! Look at YOUR PROGRESS, Wooooo HOOOO!!!
Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Thank you ! I'm pretty excited right now. Just got my first piercing to celebrate !
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #11  
KEN

Now that's the first time I have heard anyone say that they would get a piercing to celebrate...

What other ways are people celebrating???
Old 01-04-2009, 11:55 PM   #12  

I too am new to the whole support group here...welcome and congrats!
Jeepgirllinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #13  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

congratulations ken, I think it is amazing you lost all that weight without exercise. I myself just hate exercise so I have taken up bowling once a week to at least try to get myself moving a little bit! I have 63 pounds to lose and started on January 2nd. I have a long ways to go, but I sure love having this sight to go to in order to get encouragment. I know you will do great on the last few pounds you have to lose! Hang in there, its always an adventure!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #14  
Learning to fly

S/C/G: 249/198/150

Height: 5`4.5

Hi Ken. Congrats on the loss.
Witchy- You go girl!!!

I celebrate with new clothes. Fun but necesary too-lol.
But its nice to get new things that don`t look frumpy.
Terry
elfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 194/194/125

Height: 5'3

Ken,

Fabulous work!!!
Aquariangrl is offline   Reply With Quote