Old 07-13-2007, 02:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283.6/262.4/175

Height: 5'9

Default About to cry

I just got back from WI and I lost a whopping .02 oz. I'm currently on the TO and started it yesterday so I will finish it tonight. I'M STARVING!!!! Yesterday I had a total of 6 oz (for the day) of grilled chicken breast, Romaine lettuce, green peppers, zuccini and cabage, and 2 Lite bars. I drank plenty of water, got my 1/2 tsp of salt in and thought I did great. Today I had 2 oz of chicken for breakfast and 1/2 a bar, my water and TO juice. That's it! I was really proud of myself and felt CERTAIN I'd see a drop of at least a pound.

I feel thinner and broke out in tears in her office today. I just don't know what is going on. I'm following the plan perfectly. She asked about my water and I told her how much I was drinking and her eyes got big and she said "Cut WAAAAY back on your water Dear. Your tissues are probably overloaded with fluid". I said "Even though I've always drank this much? Heck, I drink 64 oz playing tennis alone!" I said "I've had 34 oz today already and I'm thirsty now". She went through this checklist of everything that it could be and I answered each question honestly and openly (even down to my..ahem...regularity). She said I need to see my Doctor and get my thyroid and my sugar checked. I even had her measure me in the office and haven't lost any inches either. Honestly I'm so discouraged I can't think straight. I mean, I'M STARVING RIGHT NOW! I don't understand. Honestly I don't.

So I got back from lunch and I called my Doctor's office. I go in Monday at 11:15 to get blood work done. But you know what made me madder than H-E-double L??? After everything was said and done. Measurments done, checklist completed, and as I'm sitting there in tears, she gets perky and whips out a piece of paper and has the e'fing nerve to say...."Before you go, let me tell you about a new program that we are doing! The portions will change, you actually get MORE FOOD and it's going to be great! We have this special running now and for only $99 you get 2 refill weeks, 10 MRD's, 2 LA Lites, etc, etc, etc. For $59 you get the Vitamax, 10 MRD's, etc, etc, etc". I almost punched her.

Sure, let me whip out my check book and write you ANOTHER check for something that is clearly not working for my body for whatever reason. Absolutely. I'll get right on that Dear.....

I'm sorry ya'll. I am just VERY discouraged right now. I don't know what is going on. I know this program works, I've seen it work with friends and family. I wouldn't have forked over the money if I didn't think it works. I'm doing everything right and I've hit some sort of block for whatever reason. Maybe it's medical and my Doctor can figure out what is going on. I almost hope it is at this point so that maybe I can get on some sort of medication and figure out what is going on.
FatGalnAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:38 PM   #2  
Amy

I am so sorry. All I can say is I am at that point as well. I was totally OP the last few days, went in for a weigh in and lost .02 as well. Maybe something will turn up at the doctors...

Good luck!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #3  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

I'm so sorry for you - but look at it this way -
(according to the stats on your profile)

You've LOST 13.6 LBS since MAY ! That's 1.52 average a week - which is good !
You need to feel proud of what you've accomplished so far too.

I'm sure the dr. will come up with something. And MAYBE the new plan with more food will help you - maybe you weren't getting enough and your body went into starvation mode.

Good luck - don't give up - keep at it, you WILL see a change.
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #4  
Princess Heather

ok GalinAL.....let's stop for a second and regroup. We all need to do that some. When did you start LAWL? If you've been doing the program have you been losing? and there are other factors to consider....TOM may be a consideration as well. I think it's a good plan to see your doctor and get your blood work especially if it's been awhile since you've done that, but don't give up on LAWL just yet.

Ok....now on to part two....you can do this. I started the program last year and dropped out for awhile and I'm back now so I do understand your frustration. There have been times that silly scale doesn't move....but if you keep your motivation (don't lose this website) you will see results! As for the COD don't let them get to you. They are sales people. And while this program works it is still their job to sell more to you. If you aren't interested in that stuff just keep saying NO and be firm. I am fortunate that I have two people at my COD that know I don't do anything extra and they don't pressure me....but i've seen those sales people come and go so I have to hold firm for the new people! Now as for the water thing......who knows I have been told that more than 100 ounces in a day is a bad thing. There are so many different schools of thought....ask your MD and see what they say and go from there.

Now if your stats are current on your avatar we are about the same height and weight...a few pounds different, but we do have the same goal. Stick around here...buddy up with me and let's lose this ugly weight once and for all. I'm on here a lot and you may feel free to private message me anytime. We can do this and we are worth it. I'm a southren gal myself,(transplanted to Indiana) and we do have to stick together! LOL take care, relax......and keep working the program. Hollar if ya need me! DON'T QUIT!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Heather, excellent advice as always! Also, I've gone in many, many times on my first day of TO and lost nothing and then it comes off after the second day is through - so the third or fourth day.

Obviously if the Dr. appt. shows something, that will be good because you can right whatever is wrong, and you will have an answer. But just in case you don't get that answer, know that we are all here to support you and that eventually things will start moving in the right direction.

I had a stall in my weight loss around 35-40lbs. I stayed the same for about 3 weeks. It passed, and so will yours. It sucks, I know, but you have to be kind to your body and try not to stress over it. Treat yourself to a pedicure or a massage and reward yourself for making healthy choices. You'll feel less stressed and your body may reward you back by letting go of some of that weight. And if not, you're still less stressed!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Let me add that it will take a couple of days for you to see the ultimate benefits of a TO. Just like if you eat totally off plan one day, you won't see the "real weight" results of your indugences for a couple of days, while the foods nutrients and bad stuff is processed through your system.

Think about what you ate the days previous to the TO you're now on..

Take heart.. Stressing about it will only make it worse.. Wait until Sunday or Monday before passing judgement on how well the TO worked or not..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:30 PM   #7  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

Default galinAL

I sure can understand your frustration and being hungry!!!!! I'm on my 22nd week with LA and have been gaining!!!!! I've been staying On Plan - so no naughty foods have gone even close to my lips!!!!! First counselors had me do the hot lemon water - that worked one week. Now I'm on the TO and then 5-day follow up. Yesterday I saw the manager - and she tried helping me see the "whole picture". AND - she said there are some of us (and claims she's one) who have a much harder time of it than others, just because. I am NOT to get frustrated. Think on the other changes - I have lost 31 pounds; I have more energy; I am eating healthy, which is good for the body!

That is something, having drank that much water and STILL thirsty....good idea to get things checked out with that!!! I take allergy meds - that keeps me thirstier than some -- are you taking something like that too?

Hang in there
tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #8  
Dixie Belle -6 weeks old!

Gal in Alabama myself here! GGGGIIIRRRRLLLL I feel your Pain! Its not so much that I am hungry but CRAVING out the yin yang. I started Jet start today. So I am having a flashback of what it was like the first time I did this, It was so hard the first day especially! I don't know if your first 3 days are like mine, but I have unlimited lean meats, and GREEN veggies , 2 eggs and 2 oranges a the light salt.
so far i have had 2 jennio turkey patties with one TBSP Kens light vadalia onions dressing, romaine lettuce with 1 boiled egg white (dont like the yolk) and I just ate another turkey patty with 1 tsp of the vidalia onion dressing and one orange. and I BROKE down and drank a glass of Diet Coke. I know I am not supposed to but I have drank 50 oz. water today already and having w/d.
Here is the dilemma. it is Friday , tonight we happen to miraculously get a babysitter, Hubby will want to take me out to dinner (probably our most fave mexican restaurant ....cheese dip! )
OMG, what will I do????
So I know how you feel, but the thing I keep telling myself is that I will not remember tomorrow how the food taste the moment I put it in my mouth and swallow it, but I will wear it. Just tell yourself, you don't have to make it the next three days, you have to make it the next hour, then the next, and so on. thats all we can do!
Good luck, sorry such a long post!
StudentDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 PM   #9  

StudentDoctor - They've change the "jet start". It's now called Fast Forward at the beginning and it's only two days. Good news for you, right? Then after the initial FF, you can do Take Off (TO) every two weeks which is the limited proteins and veggies. You can see more specifics in the newbie thread.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:05 PM   #10  

Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement. Geez, this weight loss stuff is hard!!!! StudentDoctor, I am doing the Take Off for 2 days where you get 6 oz of protein a day, unlimited green veggies, and 2 LA Lite (bars only). I wish I could eat unlimited meat! 2 oz of chicken is not much - and at breakfast. YUCK!! LOL.

Dan, I actually posted in another thread what my daily intake was prior to TO. I'll see if I can find it and post it again. The counselor did tell me that sometimes it takes 3-4 days to see the results of TO so I'm going to try my best to be patient and hopefully I'll see something when I weigh in on Monday. I'm holding out hope that the Doctor can find something too. Wow, that sounds weird. I'm hoping that the Doctor can find something wrong with me so I can get some type of medication. LOL. At this point, I'm open to anything though. Man it's frustrating.

Princess Heather, thank you for the encourgement! What a great post! I started in May (May 21st to be exact) and I have lost 13.4 lbs. I was down to 268 but that only lasted 1 day and I went right back up again. I typically will gain and lose up to 6 lbs. during my TOM. I lost 6 lbs. the first week when I did the TO juice the very first time. That time I got unlimited meats and veggies instead of the 6 oz daily cap. So since the end of May I've basically lost 7 lbs. And those 7 lbs. have been all up and down, nothing consistent. That is what is so frustrating. I'll go in and be up and the counselor will sit down and say "What happened? What did you do?". For the life of me I don't know!! UGH!

I'll keep ya'll posted on what the doc says on Monday. Hopefully I'll get some answers then. Thank you all again for the words of encourgament. This site is really great!!!
Old 07-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #11  

Dan, here is the cut and paste from the other thread. I started the TO yesterday (Thursday) - so this menu was actually from Mon and Tues.

I'm on Red with the Lites. Here's my menu for Mon and Tues where I gained the .02 oz if that will help. I'm comptely stumped

Mon
Breakfast
3/4 cup Pineapple - F
1/4 cup 1% Cottage Cheese - 1/2 P
8 oz black coffee
34 oz water (2 16.9 oz bottles)
Snack
LA Lite Chocolate Crunch bar- L
16.9 oz water
Lunch
7 oz grilled chicken - P
1 cup iceberg lettuce - V
1 cup chopped green pepper - V
3 reduced fat triscuits - S
10 reduced salt cashews -Fat
1 TBSP Lite oil and vinegrette dressing - C
2 16.9 oz waters
Snack
8 large green grapes - F
LA Lite Chocolate Crunch bar - L
16.9 oz Dasani
Dinner
6 oz ground turkey - P
1/2 cup sauteed zuccini - V
spray of Pam for sautee pan
1/2 cup diced no salt added tomatoes - V
1/3 cup whole wheat pasta - S
Medium Pluot (cross of peach and apricot) - F
2 16.9 oz Dasani waters
Snack
Yoplait Light yogurt - D
LA Toffee Popcorn - S

Tuesday

Breakfast
Yoplait Light Yogurt - D
Double Fiber Diet Bread (1 slice) - S
1 TBSP Reduced Fat Peanut Butter - 1/2 P
5.5 oz Low sodium V8 - V
8 oz Coffee
34 Oz Water
Snack
Plum - F
LA Lite - L
17 oz water
Lunch
6 oz tuna fish (canned in water) - P
1/2 cup steamed squash - V
3 RF Triscuits - S
34 oz water
Snack
8 large green grapes - F
LA Lite bar - L
17 oz water
Dinner
5 oz Grilled Salmon - P
1 TBSP Mrs. Dash Garlic Lime Marinade for fish - C
1/2 cup steamed broccoli - V
1/2 cup steamed cauliflower - V
Slice of Double fiber diet bread - S
34 oz Water
Snack
3/4 cup pineapple - F
Old 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #12  

Height: 5'2"

You know I have to just jump in here and say this. TO is optional. You do not have to do a TO or multiple TO's to lose weight. I have never done one and I have lost 37 pounds in just 61/2 months and I am much, much older than anyone here. There is no reason to be starving oneself. If you are the type of person that gains weight after the stomach flu, then think about it TO's are probably not the route to take for you. Too many of us have been conditioned to believe that if we eat less, we will suddenly get thin. This is an eat more plan.... We are eating better, healthier foods and learning to get rid of our bad habits. Habits, in my case, that developed because I was dieting. Yo-yo dieting most of my adult life. This is not a diet. It is a re-programming of our mental and physical selves.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:59 PM   #13  

Good point, Lynn. We had a discussion about that awhile back and people "overusing" TO whenever they had a bad day.

But in this case, FatGal (I'm SO sorry I don't know your name yet) has been stuck, so this may be a way to get things moving too.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:18 PM   #14  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I'm with Lynn on not doing a TO. Since I'm on Red for activity level, COD actually won't even let me think about doing it. While I haven't lost the weight I wanted, I lost the inches and gained the healthier lifestyle, in the end that makes a much larger impact than the number on the scale.

As for Counselors, some of them just don't get it. A former one at the COD told me I wasn't losing because I was doing resistance exercises. And that I needed a full blood work-up because there was something medically wrong if I was driking 64 ounces of water by the time I weighed in at 5 pm. When I reiterated that my day starts at 4 am, she insisted I still had something medically wrong. Because according to her, no one drank that much water after being up for 13 hours. Granted, according to her the other reason I wasn't losing was because Iwasn't doing TO, which was the advice of COD managers and the Dieticians.

I, being the giant pain in the arse that I can be immediately went to COD manager, who reassured me that I did not need a medical work-up. Furthermore she put me on the phone with the dietician who outright told me to not to even think about quitting my work-outs. Bottom line is, you'll learn who the better counselors are, they're the ones that evaluate it on a case by case basis and know what works for individual clients.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 05:31 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2"

I jumped in because FatGalnAl said she was starving on TO. I have had two stalls in my weightloss journey - the second one lasted 4 weeks. It is darn frustrating. There is nothing easy about this process. Some days are easier than others. Some days, weeks are darn hard especially mentally. What I have learned is that you need to look at what you are doing within the plan, and change some things. Listen to your own body. People think that TO is a quick fix and it is not...
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote