Old 07-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #1  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

Default I'm New! Please help!

Hello! I just joined this site today. I have been on LA Weight Loss for 25 days now. I would LOVE to meet others who are doing the LAWL program to discuss the ups and downs,etc.... I am currently on the Gold Plan. I am already getting bored with some of the food. Advice? Motivation? Thanks in advance for your help! I will reply to any comments!
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:21 PM   #2  

Default hello

not sure if my last message went through to you . i am trying to figure iut the website etc.i am new and would like someone to talk with about what is working for them. i also am so down about my weight. it is comforting to know others have some of the same feelings.
mama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #3  

Default help. sick of being fat and feeling horrible

hello to all, i am new to this blog thing. i think it is such a great thing. so happy to read that others have done well . how freeing it must be to lose a great deal of weight.i am 38 and am 255lbs. i am so miserable. i feel that my weight has ruined my self esteem. there is not a day that goes by that i don'tfeel horrible about myself. i have a great husband who is so loving and supportive of me. i need to feel good and lose weight for my well being. i have parents with heart disease and diabetes. i feel like a jerk cause i am headed in the direction of illness due to obesity. i feel like a failure when it comes to my weight.[not in other aspects of my life] anyone who wants to talk or share their feeling please write. i need support.
mama23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:11 PM   #4  
Marleymom

I agree! It does help having people to talk to who are battling the same thing! My husband, and my soon-to-be 18 year old son, are thin as are most of my friends. I will turn 46 next month and I am trying to lose at least 50 lbs. I joined LAWL almost 4 weeks ago. I have lost 11 lbs. Its a good start but scary. This is so different for me. I have been living on pizza, fast food, and eating out. I am scared I can't keep this up. I am already growing tired of salad, fruit, and grilled chicken. I miss my pizza! BUT I am sick and tired of being sick and tired and having no energy and being in the biggest size clothing of my life! Thanks for reading this. We are all in this together.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Hang in there--it get easier everyday and remember--there will come a time when your old favorites will be re-introduced but in the portions your body NEEDS not WANTS. Who knows--you may discover some new, healthier favorites. Good Luck and welcome
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:00 PM   #6  
Marleymom

Thanks! I can make it if I think I WILL be able to eat some of my old, comfort foods (like Pizza) occasionally, one day, even with a smaller portion. Right now, it is like letting go of an "old friend".
Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

There are lots of great recipe ideas here on the site, and I'd encourage you to pick up the LAWL cookbook...

Other than that, a lot of the recipes you made before LAWL have exchange equivalents on the plan.. Just think about some of the ways you used to make things and then what you can do with the limits of the plan to "re-image" it...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:39 PM   #8  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Welcome to the site Marley and Mama!

Congrats on making this huge decision to change that low self esteem! That pizza is not your friend by the way...it's what got you here! Believe me, I've only been on LAWL for 4 weeks, but already I feel like a new person. I feel like I finally get it. I finally have realized that I literally stuffed things in my mouth subconsciously.
I have been successful in almost every other part of my life except this. I've realized that I am a self-sabotager.
Between eating on plan, checking in with this site and regularly getting to the COD, you WILL succeed, you just have to let yourself.
Wish you both the best!! Join us on the losers and friends thread to get to know everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.8/233.2/145

Height: 5"7

Hello all!!
I am on day one of LAWL and so far so good. This forum is awesome - and I am so encouraged by everyone else and their success... its great to know there is a support line and also that there is a way to converse with others in similar situations. I am not having any problems yet and so far all I can say is that it feels good just to be on the downhill slide of the scale rather then an uphill one.. Good luck to all!!

Last edited by BeckyB759; 07-11-2007 at 11:50 PM.
BeckyB759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:00 AM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Marley, Momma, and Becky. The best part about coming here is that you meet so many other people who have been through what you are going through.

About missing your pizza, I think that we all go through a "food mourning" kind of stage where we do miss our old food and old lifestyle. I can promise you though, as you continue to shed pounds, you will learn to love eating the good stuff, and your body will crave it. When people you know start commenting on your WL and how great you look, you will be even more encouraged to keep on going.

About self esteem, I have really been there on that one. When I was at my highest, somehow I had managed to forget about myself. I had 3 little kids, a job that was taking over my life, and I did not care anymore. I never put on makeup, did much with my hair, wore jewelry, nothing. I never bought new clothes. My mom would buy me clothes for Christmas and my birthday, that was about it. And they were mom clothes. Turns out, I don't really like mom clothes. I really like to buy my clothes in the Jrs dept, show a little cleavage and a little more skin, and look younger. When I started LAWL, I found this forum. One of the members suggested finding non food rewards to celebrate milestones in your weight loss journey. Suddenly, I was buying stuff for myself, a new feeling for me. I have used rewards like clothes, jewelry, shoes (I have a major ebay shoe addiction now), and makeup to cheer myself on. When I broke the 200 lb marker, I bought a new comforter for my bed. A ridiculously expensive one that I would have never purchased otherwise. I snuggled up in that blanket just last night when I went to bed, and it serves as a constant reminder to me. Anyway, point being, the more weight I lost, the better I felt most physically and emotionally, and it really shows. I am a total clothes whore now, I always do my hair and makeup, and I feel great about myself. Keep going, keep losing, keep eating right and drinking that water. You are worth it, and somewhere in there is the person that you used to be, just waiting to emerge and help you take your life back. I know that it can be done, because I have seen so many here do it. Just remember this one thing: You deserve to feel great, look great, and have good health. No one can do this for you, but you can definitely do this for yourself. Keep close to the forum, as you will need reminders and support from time to time. Your support and help will be needed by others on here as well. Have a great day!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #11  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Awesome post Katie
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #12  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Shoes on ebay...hmmmm...never thought about that

Great words of inspiration, Katie. I totally agree with everything you said. As a matter of fact, I have found that not only do I not crave things that I used to eat to no end, but I have a very easy time saying no. Last night, we went to the china buffet...I did the hibachi grill for shrimp, beef, broccoli, and mushrooms - that was it. My DH said, "Don't you feel tempted to eat the saucey stuff or the desserts?" and I could honestly and whole-heartedly say no.
Maryley, Momma and Becky - your day will come, too. Like we've said time and time again...This plan works if you work the plan. Eventually the eating choices will become second nature.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Really well said Katie!!

I too have found it easier to pass up on the old cravings... Some still hang around, like chips and crackers, but I no longer crave breakfast burritos and pizza.. I view them as a "once in a great while" reward...

Then again, my body is so used to eating healthy, that even if I did splurge, I'd feel horribly sick...

I guess my biggest reward has been the ability to wear old clothes and have an excuse to buy new stuff... As much as I'm a guy and don't really like shopping, it's been cool to get some new stuff that looks good...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #14  
Amy

Welcome girls! The first two weeks will be hard... isn't that the truth for everything? It will be worth it!

About shoes on eBay... I too am addicted. To buying and selling. I just sold 10 pairs of shoes on there!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM   #15  
Katie

Height: 5'1

C'mon Dan, tell me it did not feel awesome to see yourself on TV the other day with your new bod?!

Tina- Since I am such a shorty high pockets, I love platform shoes. Ebay is a great way to find a huge selection and great prices.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote