Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM   #1  

Default Week of 7/8...a little late :)

Hi all. Anotehr crazy week. My washer broke making it the fourth applicance to break in like a month. The toaster still works technically , but you have to push the button just so and have the cord just so....hmmm does this sound like a fire hazard to anyone otehr than me? My husband does not think so.

I lost 1 pound this week. SO I am excited, had I not had the pop or the cookies it porbably would ahve been more
MistySeptember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #2  

Wow, Misty! When it rains, it pours. Doesn't sound like the safest of toasters. Yikes!! You really need to get a new one. You can get a fairly cheap one that will (hopefully) last you years! Can you wash clothes at your in-laws for a while, or is that not a good option? Congrats on the 1 pound loss! You go!

Yes, I'm still pregnant! Hopefully we'll have our baby soon!! I'm certainly ready!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:21 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Yes, I would say that it is a fire hazard! And it does rain when it pours doesn't it? I had a week like that that recently. Computer broke, sick cat, and something else that was an unexpected expense that I can't even remember now. It was crazy! on the loss!

Sorry I wasn't around lately. I just got back from traveling for work. And guess what? I actually lost weight since I've been gone In fact yesterday I went down into my old clothes bin and took out all my 10's and they all fit!!!!! I was psyched It was my birthday yesterday and that was the best present to myself ever!

Wow steph you are really close there aren't you? 7 days left... wow... I expect we won't see you on the boards for a while haha
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 05:55 PM   #4  

DH seems to think the toaster is fine. I think for $10 we can buy a new one

Steph-all ready? These last several days are a hard wait. I lucked out and was induced for both my kids, so I had a set date. Best of luck, let us know how everything is going!

Lori-GREAT JOB! How good does that feel?! Travel and a loss is hard to accomplish and you did it!
Old 07-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #5  

I hate waiting. I want instantaneous gratification. I am trying to get everything in order for that speech job in my own school district. I have to send out paper work and wait for it to be mailed back then send all of that to PA and wait for them to deny my certification..which we already know they will. Then I have to wait for emergency certification and take the praxis exam. I hate waiting.

On the weight loss front. blah. I can't find a groove. I do great for like 3 days and it all falls apart. I know I can do this I did great for at least 6 months before. Now I can't make it a week. I am so overweight now my feet hurt even when I get up in the morninga nd by the time I get home the thought of taking a serious walk or hitting the treadmill makes me ill b/c my feet hurt so bad. None of my clothes fit. You'd think that would be motivation.

How is everyone?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #6  

Yes that is a great feeling! But I had gone the couple of months before that with being up a pound, down a pound, etc etc. And when I think back to it, I really wasn't being THAT strict about writing down everything, etc. I was also COMPLETELY stressed out and that doesn't help at all.

Good luck with the job stuff! I try to stay organized but I fail just about every time haha. As for your feet, have you talked to a doctor about this? I know that foot pain, especially if it feels like little bugs are crawling on them and stuff, can be a sign of diabetes. If it is just aches, then I wouldn't worry as much and suggest a good soaking in warm water!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you need some better shoes? Could also be that besides the weight that are making your feet hurt. I know if you are anything like me you practically wait until your shoes fall apart before buying new ones. I don't know if you have tried Crocs but they are amazing. I have been wearing them at work for months and I have not had any more problems with my feet. I hear that they cheap non-Croc brand ones are just as good. My mom has both and she says she can't tell the difference. The important thing is to get the right size as a larger size caused me to have severe leg pains but the right size has been just amazing for my feet.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #8  

I just bought new sneakers. I really good pair and they help some at work. Mostly they just ache, but really bad. It was better when I weighed less. I might try some crocs.

What do you gusy usually do for lunch? Lunch is killing me. I can't seem to find something low enough in points that is satisfying. By 1 or 2 I am starving. We eat lunch with the kids at 11:30 and I get my afternoon break around 1:20 or 2:00. I get 30 minutes. That when I want to run to the store and get something filling and high carb. I try to bulk up my lunch with veggies, that didn't seem to help.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:30 PM   #9  

Misty give us some examples of what you would normally eat for lunch. That will help with making suggestions
Old 07-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #10  

Hi, ladies. I'm going a bit crazy, because they're planning on inducing labor. I need to go to the hospital tonight for some medicine, stay there overnight, and then they'll start the process tomorrow morning. I'll check in again when I can. Take care!!
iowasteph2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:09 PM   #11  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Steph~ best wishes! I hope you are soon holding that precious little one!

On weightloss front, I had IT happen Friday. I was in the lunchroom at work and a coworker leaned over, giggling, and whispered "are you pregnant again?". Well, no, I'm not. I was wearing a shirt and pants that I've worn plenty of times before, so I can't blame some new outfit for making me look bad. To make matters worse, I can't have any more kids for medical reasons, and that fact really upsets me.... so it was like a double whammy. And the lady who asked the question just giggled and said "oh" when I told her no... she didn't even apologize for asking. (I've always thought that was a rude question anyway!)

So.... there it is. I guess I need to think about that when I want motivation.
AmyMCGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #12  

Steph- Best wishes! We'll be thinking about you! Let us know how everything went when you get a chance. I'm sure you'll be super busy the next few days!

Amy-OMG HOW RUDE!! I can't get over people sometimes. Well at the very least she helped you find a reason to stay on track, right?

Lori-Typically I pack a lean cuisine, or latley I've been taking 2% string cheese, a fat free pudding, and some kind of veggies with low fat dip or dressing. I like to have lots of points for dinner so I don't like having a 10 point lunch, but what I'm eating now just isn't cutting it. It's very hard to heat anything b/c I don't really get a lunch break, we eat with the children in our care in teh classroom. My break usually comes around 1:30-2:30 for a half hour. I don't typically snack unless the kids are having a healthy snack then I might grab a handful of whatever they have. They snack at 9 and 3. I work until 5:30. Maybe I need to add V8 or fruit or veggies more often for snacks. I do need to eat better breakfasts, it's been either a cup of dry cereal or nothing latley.