Old 07-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #1  

Default Fast forward only one time or any time?

I'm fairly new to L, A weightloss (I'm a returnie) I lose very slowly. I definitly could use help staying on track. In any case the past two weeks I've been doing ok and losing but up and down a little, due to the fact I cheat a little.

At my center, my counselor said that I could do fast forward any time, she also said not to tell anyone she said that. So my question is does anyone have experience with doing fast forward in the middle of program and did you lose? I can not do take off, I think I'd faint!
Thanks!
rachaelleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #2  
Amy

Hi Rachael,

I have always been told you can do it every two weeks. I too am losing slowly and it's killing me. I just got back from my center and got the juice to do it. I hate it so much but it's a good start and I lose 5-6 lbs when I do it...

Good luck!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:21 PM   #3  
tzulover

S/C/G: 223 / 189 / 145

Height: 5'1

Default what is that?

Hi --- I am wondering, what is "Fast Forward"? None of my counselors have mentioned anything like that - and if it helps with losing, I'm thinking that might be something I can do?
tzulover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #4  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Tzulover

I think the Fast Forward is the same thing that the COD Gave me but is called LA Express.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:43 PM   #5  
Amy

The only difference I believe is on LA Express it's unlimited Protein and green vegetables as on Fast FOrward, there are limits... I think..
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Fast Forward (FF) or Express is what you do when you start the program. It's the juice and unlimited protein and green veggies.

Take Off (TO) is the limited version where you get 6oz protein and 2c raw green veggies per day and then two Lites.

If you don't do lites, then you continue to do FF. You can do it once every two weeks.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:06 PM   #7  
tzulover

I do "partake" of the lites - so that means I'd do the Take Off. And that sounds like I'll starve to death!?? <THUD>
Old 07-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

LOL - Actually it's not as bad as you think. Since I'm in school and working, my COD suggested that I do the FF. I did it once and then switched back to the TO because it was easier to plan and pack my food. The key is sipping the juice during the day. You need to make sure you don't horde it. I try to take a few sips every hour, or whenever I start to feel hungry. The juice keeps you full and the fiber in the juice helps clean you out. So if you don't drink the juice throughout the day and you wait until the evening to drink half of it, you don't get the full "clean out" effects because you go to sleep before you eliminate the juice from your system.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the answers. I'm doing the fast forward today and tomorrow to keep me on track. It's the unlimited protein and green vegess (no lites) actually like it as a change of pace. Ok I'm getting mixed things. so it's ok to do it every two weeks with the unlimited and the juice? I have no desire to starve on take off. thanks!
rachaelleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/194/160

Height: 5'6"

My counselor told me to do the Fast Forward with unlimited protein and greens instead of Take Off with the lites, because if you work out a lot, the TO w/lites will leave you starving.

I would do a Fast Forward every time I got back from a vacation. Even with healthy eating, it was easy to get used to too much starch and sugar.
TracyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:03 PM   #11  

Another thing, the FF or TO juice (they seem to call it one or the other in different parts of the country) tastes great if you put it in the blender with ice and make a smoothie-type drink. I still dilute it with some water, but not as much as when I am just drinking it. Seems almost like having dessert!
Old 07-11-2007, 07:53 PM   #12  
tzulover

Default FF and TO

Cassi and Tracy and jersey...

Thank you for your input!!!! Cassi - you PROMISE I won't starve???

Tracy - I'm going on vacation the end of this month --- sounds like I should do the TO when I get back home.

Wonder why my counselors haven't mentioned me doing this. Which gets me to thinking that they've not ever talked about me doing their meal drink....

Sure am glad rachelle brought this up!!!

laura
Old 07-12-2007, 01:31 AM   #13  

I connected with another person on LAWL a couple of thousand miles away, and I am convinced that there is not a lot of consistency from region to region. Different names on products, different flavors of lites, etc.

I was always told that I had the option of doing "Take Off" every two weeks---but that I had a choice of the limited protein w/lites, or the Fast Forward plan. The latter was recommended to me if I wanted to keep up my exercise schedule.

Here in AZ, we also have a "plateau breaker" plan, with emphasis on chicken and fish, lots of green vegetables, citrus and/or berries and the lightest starch selections. This was to be done for three-five days. My friend in New Hampshire had never heard of this at her center.

My counselors suggested doing the plateau breaker after the Take Off period in order to keep from having a huge weight bump for water weight.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:38 AM   #14  
tzulover

Default interesting

Now that is interesting.....a plateau breaker.... The counselor I had told me that's what I was in, a plateau, and she suggested I do the hot lemon water for it. I RARELY eat beef - so that part would be 'easy' for me of your areas breaker Tracy, and I love fish. So sounds like I sure have options for trying to get out of this plateau!!!! I also found an older thread about an old LAWL boost. Decision, decisions!!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #15  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

TracyC:

I would be interested in knowing more about the Plateau buster menu for the 3 - 5 days. Can you give more details?
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote