Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 PM   #1  

Default Newbie to LAWL

Just joined LAWL last Friday. I had the LA Lite sales pitch today. I did buy them but am having second thoughts. It sure is a lot of money. Do you guys really think they are worth it??
elliemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #2  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Welcome EllieMay!
We've had quite a few discussions about whether everyone thinks the lites are worth it. I personally was shocked at how much they were, but at the time they made the pitch I unexpectedly had extra money and decided to go for it. I have really enjoyed them. They are very convenient for me and really have helped with the sweet tooth. I still don't like thinking about how much money I've spent, but losing 17lbs in one month is already worth it! you will succeed if you follow this plan and utilize the tools/lessons you learn from this site.
Take the time to look through this site and all the different threads. You will learn SO much!
Welcome and best of luck with your first week on plan!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 PM   #3  
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Ditto on Amy's reply. I've been using them and consider that I'm having two treats each day. However, sometimes I debate about not using them but right now I have a good supply. Fortunately I've been able to purchase in bulk and take advantage of some special discounts so they've averaged around $8 - $9 a box.

There are many threads on this forum that discuss the advantages, disadvantages and substitutes. You may want to do a search so you can read these.

One tip - I've heated the double chocolate bar for about 30 seconds in the microwave - it almost turns into a brownie with some crunch. Add a little lite cool whip and ooo la la...
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:45 PM   #4  

The sale price was $15.99 a box!! I am having a sleepless night just thinking about it!!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:54 PM   #5  
Cathleen

S/C/G: 203.6/197.5/160

Height: 5' 10 1/2"

Wow - that's high. Just last week there was a special at my center - 10 boxes for $89.50. My COD said they don't often offer a 10 count. I've bought the 20 bulk - usually runs around $200 (maybe a bit more), so I guess my actual per box price has ranged from $9 to $11...still a bargain compared to $16 per box.
cerwin4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:27 AM   #6  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I love the lites because it feels like eating a candy bar twice a day! But I am VERY glad that we bought so many in advance. If I had to buy them every time I went in, I probably wouldn't. Our COD had a deal going when we joined that was a great price for a year's worth of bars. It averaged out to about $7 per box. Since DH and I are both on LAWL, that will last for 6 months. I'm hoping they'll have another big deal like that around the time we run out!!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 AM   #7  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Elliemay - how many bars are in your box because I think they sell boxes of 7 or 14...or something like that.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #8  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

The lites have been a lifesaver for me. It curbs that sweet tooth I did buy in bulk up front so paid considerably less than the price you are quoting. Somedays I just have one, if I've messed up on starches or something. Since I didn't purchase enough to get me through stabilization and maintenance this will help them last longer too!
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:18 AM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Add me to those who feel the lites have been integral in the weight loss process.. They kept me from hitting the vending machine, which for me, is a big deal...

I really miss having them now that our stores have closed..... But hopefully, I get some kind of refund... Keep thy fingers crossed...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM   #10  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

EllieMay-I think I paid around what you did for 14per box. I think they offered a MUCH better deal about 2 weeks after I joined. I was kinda bummed about that but figured there's nothing I can do now, all I have to do is keep them in my pantry and lose weight! I never have to buy them again, so just enjoy them and don't let it keep you up at night! Sleep helps you lose weight!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 06:40 PM   #11  

There are seven bars in each box. I guess the price is higher in Canada. I wouldn't mind paying $8 or $9 dollars a box. It still bothers me that I spent almost $400 and will only have enough for 9 weeks. Regular price here is $20.99 plus tax.

Last edited by elliemay; 07-10-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #12  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

I am new too! I have been on the LAWL program for 25 days! I have lots of questions. I am on the Lites but am dropping them when I run out! TOO expensive for me! I hope we can help each other. This site seems VERY helpful!
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote