Old 07-01-2007, 11:48 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! July 2007!!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.

We can do this!! Everyone is welcome to join!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #2  
I AM healthy!

Hi Jasonslea!!! So glad to see ya! I missed ya too! Glad you are on track! I am working toward losing again but had gotten off the exercise wagon for a while so had to build muscle back. Today I showed a 1 pound increase, BUT I lost 6 pounds 1 week due to stress, not eating enough cals etc. So if 1 pound is all I gain back after these days of getting back to more normal eating plus one really bad day, then fine.

No walk yesterday but cals were really good. 1700. I am running out the door for a walk now. It is already 85 degrees!

Minimum Weight: 214 lb Maximum Weight: 221 lb
Beginning Weight: 216 lb Ending Weight: 215 lb
Average Weight: 216.25 lb Average Weekly Change: -0.25 lb

According to fitday I started at 216 at the beg. of month, at 6-17 I actually capped out at 221!!! I was getting my walking back up this month and last, with this month me actually doing 90 minutes at times. So I have actually lost 6 pounds since the 17th. yeah!!
Old 07-01-2007, 11:58 AM   #3  
I AM healthy!

June 2007
1 30
2 0
3 0
4 60
5 0
6 30
7 0
8 0
9 60
10 0
11 0
12 60
13 90
14 100
15 15
16 70
17 0
18 82
19 82
20 0
21 0
22 80
23 50
24 70
25 40
26 90
27 60
28 0
29 60
30 0

= 1128 minutes

My walking for the month!

Jan was 865 minutes
Feb was 285 minutes
March was 430 minutes
April was 300 minutes
May was 920 minutes
June was 1128 minutes

So it has been steadily increasing. I think I want to aim for 1500 minutes for July.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 PM   #4  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey Jasmine! Glad to see you doin so good!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #5  
I AM healthy!

Hey hun! Well I have kept the cals within reason the past few days and I have been walking. The scale was down a pound this a.m. so yippeeee!!!

How are you doing?
Old 07-03-2007, 06:10 PM   #6  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Down 2.6 this week (with TOM)! Happy 4th everyone!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi Jasmine and JasonsLea just home again for another doc's appt. tomorrow morning. All they seem to do is access me, this is the fourth appointment for this, think I will call a halt to it for the summer, I have had it, running in every week for an appt. with one doc or another. You better find the fountain of youth ladies and not end up like me, even though I don't feel that old.

Well nothing was really discussed and hashed out with my son, he came to the cottage with two friends Friday night and the girlfriend (I hope not for long) came up Sat. night and brought my Dad, he had a good time, an old friend dropped by Sun. aft. and she used to work at the same store as my mom, my dad new her as well, he was glad to see her and to meet her husband, they had a nice chat about the old days. So my son said tonight, we were both mad so nothing got settled and he did not realize we paid the taxes for the first year and how much they were, I told him he made them sound trivual, anyhow I guess he is still in as he paid me the money he owed. I hate fighting with my kids.

I am so sorry Jasmine you are having such a rough time with your daughter, I went through some pretty rough stuff with mine, but different. It is so stressful. You seem to be getting on track with your eating and walking WOW, your doing great. Keep up the good work.

JasonsLea, you seem to be doing good as well, from what I can tell, good going. Your in school now as well as working right? Keep it up girl.

Well I am eating pretty healthy, was eating white bread for about a day and a half, before I realized, I don't eat this stuff, so quickly defrosted a loaf of my multi grained bread and started back on that today. Eating sensibly, seem to be getting alot of exercise just doing stuff in the cottage, cleaning, vac'n the floors at least twice a day, if not more. Seemed really busy with my Dad up and he is up early, so no sleep in's which I need. Hope to get out on my bike this week, only might have to do it between showers. Water has been up and down. I weighed myself last week and was up two pounds, not bad considering it is almost a different life style up there. Will definately try and lose them, like yesterday.

My son told me my daughter has decided to get married in Mexico, my husband and my last choice. I talked to her today and she said nothing, though we were not on long as she was at work. Well it has been confirmed I just talked with her and yup, its Mexico, unless we win the lottery, then Dad and I get to pick the place. YUM!!!! They have warned us not to go there, too many unexplained accidents to Canadian's are happening. Maybe know one heard about the couple who got killed, while down there for there daughter's wedding, my cousin was also killed down in Mexico, in both cases the killer's were never found, makes me very nervous.
I REALLY REALLY HOPE we WIN A LOTTERY!

Well folks I will be signing off for now, laundry is calling my name.
Have a good one, till next time ladies. May we all succeed.
Sharon S.

VeggieGal where are you? Miss you, SDGal as well.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #8  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Sharon, sorry you're having problems with the kids.

Yes I am in school and working. Got a interview tomorrow for a second job that is desperately needed. Tried a new dance aerobics class at the gym last night, nearly died from humiliation but will go back.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

JasonsLea, I am so proud of you, you have alot on your plate and still seem upbeat, even with the dance class, going back, that is the way to go. Just do what you can, I am sure lots of others are struggling with the steps too.
You go girl.

Gotta run, wiped out, did a zillion things today and am just packing the car to go back to the cottage. Take care all, talk to you when I can.
Sharon S.
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:10 PM   #10  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Well, had the interview today and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

Off to dance class.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #11  
I AM healthy!

Hey Canuk! I am sorry you have so many doc apts. I read a great book 2 years ago that really helped me kick off this healthier eating/fruit smoothie thing. It is called Fit for life/not fat for life and is by I think Harvey Diamond. I won't say I agree with every single thing in there but I do agree with fruit only til noon, cause our bodys are supposed to be dumping stuff from the day before and fruit easily goes thru the system. We humans need to be eating a LOT more fruits and veggies than the "normal way american's" live

I mean really. Most of america lives out of the fast food bin and all the processed foods. Most americans are fat. I know you know about whole foods but I just really want to encourage you to step it up. I heard recently that most women do not get their daily potassium recommended amount(and no supplements are not enough) They say we women need 470-0 mg a day. I thought I had a pretty good food day, some fruits, veggies, beans, chicken, etc. You know what? I checked my fitday and was only at 2400 for the whole day!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email

I was reading in other spots about the potassium and it seems it has been linked to everything from high blood pressure, to diabetes, hepatitis, osteoporosis, heart disease, high cholesterol and on and on! So A few weeks ago I decided to change my focus not really to cals, but to mainly getting my potassium in. Some days are better than others and some days are really bad when I wound up having junk food and said, to heck with this. But most days my goal is to get my potassium in, as I am doing that, all my other nutrients seem to be getting taken care of as well.

His other premise besides fruit til noon is eat half as much living food as dead food. Or more living food. And no gals he is NOT talking whole foods. He considers anything cooked, to be dead!

So a whole bunch of fruits and veggies!! If my breakfast consits of just fruit, then I am already at 33% right there. Add in a salad, some veggies, some walnuts, some avacado, tomato, onion, garlic etc , it won't be hard to get to 50% living food a day.

Bottom line canuk, is eat as many fruits and veggies as you can(I obviously rec. whole cooked foods as well) The fruits and veggies are what helps to clean our lymph system out and flush the toxins out. as your body starts getting more nutritious foods in, it will want to help repair itself. I strongly believe this.

*BIG HUGZ*

Well I hope things get better with your son. Do you have any cottage pics to share with us? That sounds like so much fun!!

Quote:
I am so sorry Jasmine you are having such a rough time with your daughter, I went through some pretty rough stuff with mine, but different. It is so stressful. You seem to be getting on track with your eating and walking WOW, your doing great. Keep up the good work.
Thanx hun. Yeah we are just trying to enjoy the summer and do the steps the court wants us to do. *sigh* One day at a time.

Yesterday the car broke down! Uggghhhhhhhhhh Nuff said.

The 4th my best friend and her kids came up and no walk that day. Not much healthy eating either. Cake and ice cream and chips and soda! I didn't even count cals!

Yesterday I went big grocery shopping and was stupid cause I didn't plan ahead. I was really busy hitting a bunch of stores and had 2 bananas and an apple and an orange for breakfast while out. I was feeling so good thinking I would just have a BIG dinner and maybe a salad when I got home. But I got home and was so busy putting everything away and fixing lunch for Joey and running out the door to see him and then went to another store and by the time I came back it was like 3:30 I was REALLY hungry and cj said he wanted cake and there was some left and before you know it I was grabbing cake and soda and chips and .......uggghhhhh.

I am glad there is no more left. I went to pick him up at 6:00 and the car broke down, didn't get home til 8:00 and then needed to make dinner and...I am tired!

But All the walking I did at the stores I will count as 30 minutes. Muahahahah!!!

Anyhow I am on track today, i will post later what i am eating and I already walked 60 minutes so.......yeah!

Quote:
My son told me my daughter has decided to get married in Mexico, my husband and my last choice. I talked to her today and she said nothing, though we were not on long as she was at work. Well it has been confirmed I just talked with her and yup, its Mexico, unless we win the lottery, then Dad and I get to pick the place. YUM!!!! They have warned us not to go there, too many unexplained accidents to Canadian's are happening. Maybe know one heard about the couple who got killed, while down there for there daughter's wedding, my cousin was also killed down in Mexico, in both cases the killer's were never found, makes me very nervous.
I REALLY REALLY HOPE we WIN A LOTTERY!
Oh my goodness! I do not blame you about the mexico thing! What part of mexico? And WHY???? What happened to the cousin? I am sorry to hear about that. These kids just don't understand do they? You can't put a price on safety!

Jasons lea:

Hooray!!!! I am glad you got the job. Don't give up on the dance class!!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #12  
I AM healthy!

Good afternoon ladies! Well yesterday was a pretty good day and today is going well, I have dinner all planned out and have done good the rest of the day. I just need to do my walk tonite. Where is everyone?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #13  
I AM healthy!

Okay so I did pretty good yesterday. Only got 30 minutes of walking in but kept to my cals. I almost wanted to weigh in this a.m. but was scared maybe I had gained over the 4th and then lost that so would be the same. lol I will weigh in maybe sunday.

Got my 60 minute in this a.m. and am feeling good. Getting ready to make bread today and banana nut muffins.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #14  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello

I received an invite to join Hot & Healthy Chicks from Jasmine and am happily here to bother you all with my ramblings. I also really like the name of this group.

My name is Pita and I have been on this board for a little over a week, I think. I REALLY like it here and have read so many great threads and feel a real sense of support among the members. Instead of going on and on about who I am I invite you to read my blog. The link is over there <------- It only has two post in it at this point and explains a little about what brought me here and what my plan is to get this lousy weight off!!

I don't know if I mention in the Blog or not that I'm in college but I am. I got my GED last year and as of today began my 4th quarter at my local technical college where I am studying marketing management. I have the current dream of running my own Starbucks or better yet, owning my own coffee house someday. Yes, I'm slightly addicted to the stuff.

Anyway, I had my one class today, Business Communications, and afterwards went to Curves to workout. I hadn't been in three weeks and have gained 10 lbs over that time. I was down one pound today, which I have happily entered into my ticker because one is better than none and I like seeing I have 99 lbs to go instead of a 100.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and I promise I don't always ramble on quiet this much. Well, OK I do but I will try to at least not do it more than once a day.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #15  
I AM healthy!

Hi Pita!!! *HUGZ* I am so glad you joined us!!! I will go sneak a peak at your diet blog. Feel free to ramble on as much as you want. We all do! Have you decided what plan to try? For me I stick to whole foods as much as possible. The closer things are to nature the better our bodies recognize it and can process it and keep it off. So that means things like REAL butter and not the fake stuff that is one step away from plastic. (If ya want links to that I'll share)

I calorie count and my goal is 1400-1600 but that never happens often, it is more like 1700-1800 which at this weight I can still lose on with my walking of 60 minutes 5 days a week. (When I don't lose is when my walking tapers off to 1-2 a week and when my cals creep in the 2000 on up range! lol )

Anyhow my driving force right now is potassium!!! It would be easier to just stick to 1400-1500 cals a day cause most days I have the momentum/motivation whatever you want to call it BUT then I look at my fitday and see my Recommended daily allowance(RDA) and I am trying to keep up on my nutrients particularily calcium and potassium. I am more concerned with being healthy than skinny but the great thing is when you put that first, the weight comes off.

I have always set one day aside a week to go out to eat. If I want that burger and fries and coke, I go for it! If I want that pizza and crazy bread, I do it. This makes it more livable to me. If I told myself I could NOT have those things I wouldn't stick with it. I still eat what I enjoy, I just make healthier versions of it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=116636&page=2

That is a link to a post I made the other day about how I eat.

Have you started walking yet? I can't believe how much we have in common either! lol