Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 11:42 AM   #1  
Progress..not perfection

Talking 300+ And Ready To Try Again..........#145

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME!

Last edited by QueenB; 03-19-2002 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 12:02 PM   #2  
Progress..not perfection

Default Hey guys!

Saw we were sitting right on the ol' 30 mark with Thin's post, so just tickled me to death to start the new thread. Hope you guys are having a good day. I'm about to go back to bed. I've only got about 3 hours of sleep since I came home from work...you know, just enough to rest me a little bit so I'm laying there with eyes wide open and can't get back to sleep! So, I thought I'd check in with my buddies.

Here's a little picture for you guys dedicated to Thin........

See you after WI (not Wisconsin)

Well, I tried to attach the picture of the old lady in the bikini that said, "A friend is like a good bra, Hard to find, supportive, comfortable and always close to your heart."

But----- I got a message that said that I had already posted this image and that I needed to refrain from posting something I had already posted and referred me to the thread where I had posted it. Well.....
la di da!

Here's another one for you!

Ok, forget that. I've attached that one before and now they are saying it's too big! I am determined to send something!!

Let's try this!
Old 03-19-2002, 12:08 PM   #3  
Progress..not perfection

VICTORIOUS!!!!!

Boy.........do I miss our gif attachments
Old 03-19-2002, 03:20 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hey all...

Quick post and then I GOTTA get some sleep! Instead of going to Wisconsin (WI)...my sister and I decided to check out "CURVES for Women." Anyone hear of this? It's a workout franchise...you can get the equivalent of a 90 minute workout in 30 minutes! Music playing, every 30 seconds you change stations, alternating between cardio (jogging in place) and hydraulic machinery (about 6 or 8 different machines)...3 rotations and you are out of there! Our sister-in-law told us about it, she's lost like 12 inches in a month by going 3 times a week. I figured I know the WW plan, might as well throw my $12.00 a week to something else that just might work. It costs $39.00/month for unlimited visits, so I'm gonna give it a whirl... It really was a good workout!

So that's it for me...need a nap before "Family Fun Night" tonight at my son's school and THEN scouts and THEN back to work...

OOH! There was a call on my answering machine from the Irish Shop, tellling me V*E*R*Y S*L*O*W*L*Y, that my name was selected and that I won a .......................................clock! (BUT my name would now be entered in the BIG drawing for the trip to Ireland!) She took so long getting the message out that I was screaming for dh....WE WON ! WE WON! before she got to the clock part! oh well, still in the running, anyway!

See you all later...

Old 03-19-2002, 04:51 PM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
Went in to the city today. DH called from work and said he had to go to Indiand tommorrow on a business trip. He'll be back Friday.
I hate when he flies.

Katrina: a clock beats nothing maybe you'll still win the trip. Cross your fingers and toes.

My Tuesday Tip: Drink water

I saw in the paper today that Burger King has come out with a veggy burger with 330 cal. I'll have to try it. a whopper has 680 cal.
Old 03-19-2002, 06:14 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I'm freezing here in my office and have drank so much water today that it's making me want to pee! I really want to type so I guess we'll see just how much this old blatter can hold. I know, too much information again.

I promised I would be back and DH is due home in a 1/2 hour so if I don't type fast, I won't get these responses done in time.

Sorry to put us over on the second page of the last thread, I guess I wasn't watching.

I worked three stores today, and am actually feeling pretty good. We're having Subway tonight since it's Tuesday. Two for Tuesday at my Subway, ya know.

I'm paying much closer attention to what I'm eating the past two days. I know I was probably a little over yesterday (still not journalling ) but today I'm good to go.

Baylee: Your dessert sounds great. You can shave a little of the fat off if you use dry roasted peanuts instead of the pistachios. * I guess you better get crackin' the books. You sure don't want to let that license expire.

Malia: It's amazing what measurements can do for us. You're doing a great job.

2cute: It sounds like you've been busy. * I hope you find your folks in better health and have a safe trip home. * We really miss you when you're gone.

LuckyLadyBug: You're probably allergic to the pollen from Daffodils. I'm glad you figured out what was bothering you and got rid of it. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all allergic to chocolate......and ice cream.......and chips. Oh heck, now ya got me started!

Mary: I hear that Burger King's new Veggie Burger is 9 WW points. Very disappointing. Haven't tried one yet, but that's alot of points to spend on a veggie burger. They also discontinued the BK Broiler and at first I was really ticked. But actually, they just renamed it the Chicken Whopper. They also have a Chicken Whopper junior. I always order them without mayo.

Katrina: Mary's right, a clock IS better than nothing. But I just know that trip is yours too. Keep keeping those fingers crossed, I am. * We have Curves here. They're actually popping up everywhere. Let us know if you like it after you've been going for awhile.

Jen: My son had an issue with his cell phone and when I offered to go to the store with him he said, "sure, you can come. You're a salesman's nightmare!" Was that a compliment???? * Again, I hope your back feels better soon. I know what you mean about the chair and 'the cheapest thing'. I wanted to get a king size bed last summer and DH didn't want to spend $1000 so I found a set for $700. Well, let me tell ya, (just in case you've never heard this before ) You get what you pay for! My back aches every morning. Instead of getting up refreshed from a good night's sleep, I'm so sore I can barely move! Try a pillow behind your back. Sometimes that works.

Tammara: Good for you exercising. They say that once you wrap your mind around doing it, that it is fun. I just haven't gotten my mind bent into that shape just yet.

Tina: Well I guess they didn't catch you at the keyboard. I'm glad we have you around to start new threads. I usually pay closer attention when I post, but must have missed it. * Thanks for the pic.

Well girls, honey's home. Gotta run. You all have a good night.
Old 03-19-2002, 07:43 PM   #7  
Progress..not perfection

Smile Weigh in

Hopping in real quick to report my WI tonight. Are you ready?? Drumroll......................................
.................................................. ................................................

I lost 6 pounds!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I don't think I'm quite ready yet for Curves for Women, but we have one in our town too, and that is next! I'm very sorry for not responding to everyone individually, but I'm gonna be totally lazy and try to catch a nap before I go to work. If I can get to sleep by 8:00 & sleep till 10:00, that may get me enough to get through the night! I am so tired today and I feel like I'm just going on nervous energy! That little devil on my shoulder kept saying, "Go on, stay in the bed. Go to WI next week!" But I sure am glad my angel kicked his scaly hind end!! I will see you guys tomorrow and thanks for all you do!!

If it will let me attach it, this is a picture of what I feel like today!

Last edited by QueenB; 03-19-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2002, 08:00 PM   #8  

CONGRATS.... TINA

You are doing great.....
Old 03-19-2002, 08:57 PM   #9  
a work in progress...

TINA, YOU STUD! Way to go girl!! Didn't you LOVE changing your numbers on your profile?

Grannie...my dh is going to Philadelphia for 4 days next week for work...I hate when he's gone!

Thin...your son gave you a big compliment...I wish I was a bit more forceful, I'm much better on the phone if I have to make a stink about something!

Lucky, I have the same thing happen with "Stargazer Lillies." The smell is SO STRONG, my head is pounding and my eyes are watering within minutes...If a patient has them in their room, I can smell them down the hall! Forget it if they're at the nurses station, I have to move them!

Maila and Jen , Hi! I caught you over at 21 day challenge, didn't want to be redundant, but didn't want to exclude you either!

Baylee, thanks for the recipe! Is that called Ambrosia? My MI< makes something like that, not low fat, of course!

Hey 2cute! Hope all is well w/ mom and Dad...We miss you!

Tammara, good job on the exercise! It does make you feel good! Gotta love those endorphins!

Lona, glad you found us! Now keep coming back!

Syn, hope all is well with you, drop in anytime and let us know how you are doing! Take care.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...I had copied this post earlier to go back and check something...tried to submit and had TOO MANY *#@%$# smilies so I lost the post, good thing I had copied some of it earlier!

Have a good night...love to all
Old 03-19-2002, 11:04 PM   #10  

Hello ladies!!

TT: I know what you're saying. My husband just let's me go for it. He says it's great, cuz by the time I get done, we always get something free out of it!! I actually earned the title "Customer From ****" at a car stereo shop in town!! The system I paid for kept blowing speakers or frying the amplifier and I came back day after day after day until FINALLY the gave me a upgraded amp (worth $400 more than I paid) and upgraded speakers (worth $200 more than I paid) just so they could get rid of me. They said "THERE!! We have given you a system you cannot POSSIBLY blow up!!"

Katrina: Keep us updated on how that "Curves" thing goes. I've been curious to check it out, but it's not in the budget at the moment.

Tina: WOW!! THAT is FANTASTIC!! See now. Weren't you the girl that was so upset over that ONE screw up a while back?? And look at you now!! YOU DID IT!!

Well, I have survived another day. I got my new exercise videos in the mail today and watched them. One of them is OK but the other one looks like a total BLAST! I hope I can do it tomorrow. Somebody send me the "back injury fairy" to heal me!!!

Anyhoo, guess that's it for me tonight.
Jen
Old 03-19-2002, 11:38 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

WooHoo for Tina!!!
SIX big pounds!

Congratulations!!!

Last edited by thinthinker; 03-19-2002 at 11:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2002, 12:58 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

Wink I'm back.....

Hello everyone !!!! I took notes on everyones posts but I am going to save my replies for tomorrow. It took so long to read them all I am now out of time.. and I am tired.

My trip went very well... sort of. LOL
My dad was very depressed. He is lonely and he can't walk without assistance ... and they are all too busy to walk him.
There just is not enough help in his home. He is too well to be there.. and too sick to go home. He needs too much monitoring for diabetis, tube feedings, etc. It is soooooooo frustrating.

I went there 3 times today to try and lift his spirits.
All that happens is mine gets lowered.
It is sooo hard to watch your parents suffering... emotionally.

My mom is also doing okay... but not well. Rain really bothers her and it has rained for 3 days here.

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!

Remember me telling you my nephew was trying to adopt a baby.
She was born St Pattys day... and I got to hold her today.
She is precious. Dark hair... and lots of it. Long toes... LOL ... she is simply beautiful.!!!! They are soooooo HAPPY !!!!

My daughter went with me on my trip and that is always nice.
She is a saint. Such a loving person. I tell her all the time to not be "TOO NICE". LOL She could easily become a caregiver to the world. LOL. I want her to be giving... but not to the point that she always puts herself last.

I am tired ladies... I will be back tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2002, 02:15 AM   #13  

Hi everyone,

W W TINA...WAY TO GO!

Day 2 of 21 of day 1 block challenge. I'm following the wendie plan with my RS foodmover. This is my plan:
Day1~~~1400 calories~~~aerobics
Day2~~~2000 calories~~~circuit weights
Day3~~~1200 calories~~~low impact aerobics
Day4~~~1800 calories~~~circuit weights
Day5~~~1600 calories~~~aerobics
Day6~~~1200 calories~~~house/yard work
Day7~~~1800 calories~~~fun day

2cute, I hope your dad and mom feel better soon. I bet you boost their spirits with your sunny nature.

Jen, where do you buy your exercise videos? I buy mine from collage video. They send within a week of receiving the order. Before the check clears.

The job saga continues....the senior girl interested in the job...cut her long acrylic nails. For the typing test. She's really serious. I feel bad about the whole thing, part of me hopes she gets it. It's not my moment. It's a bummer because next time I won't have all of the qualifications waived like this time. Maybe she'll decline the job who knows??? I'm glad it's behind me. It really shook up my eating patterns.

Thin, I hate to admit it but I eat alot of subway. I'm tired of the routine. No cheese, no mayo, touch of mustard, no oil/salt/pepper. No soda, no cookie, no clam chowder. I desperately need to search the net for good low cal recipes.

Dreams are calling me. Good night,
Malia
Old 03-20-2002, 08:52 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

GOOOOD Morning everyone. Isn't it a beautiful day today.

They didn't say what was in the BK Veggy. But I want to try it.

DH left this morning he said he would call. I miss him already. At least I won't have to cook much fof son and I.

Well I better go I have some research to do.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:06 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Talking Wake up you sleepy heads !!!!!!... LOL

Good morning
I had a good nights sleep and now I am ready to reply to everyone.

Mary... I had a friend who was a vegetarian years ago ... and they always ordered a whopper with cheese-no meat please.... and BK had a key on their register for it. LOL. It is nice to know they finally came out with a vegetarian burger.

Luckylady....boy could I relate to your statement : "wouldn't it be easier to BE this size - no more worrying about what I eat".
I have always said..." I dieted myself up to this weight."
The only problem with that is ..... I don't stay this size... I always get BIGGER !!! It is sooooo frustrating.
Some people can eat whatever they want and don't gain. Some of those people don't want much either. LOL . My sister in law eats like a construction worker and never gains a pound. She knows she is lucky... but she is also very active.
Success comes when you accept your OWN limitations ... not others. Darn it.
Tamarra...You EXERCISED !!!!!! Way to go girl.
Keep telling us about it ... it is bound to rub off on us too.

Malia... Yoga, my sister used to do that and lost inches with it.
Thanks for opening Luckylady's eye to it again.
I would have to only do the standing ones ... if I get on the floor.. I can't get up.
I am sorry to hear you deleted your picture. I wanted to print all of your pictures and have them by me here at the computer so I can feel closer to everyone. If you are willing .. maybe you could send it to me via PM. Your green t-shirt brought back sooo many memories from when I was your age... "YOUNG".

SHhhhhh...I have to whisper here ... don't want Tina caught on the computer. LOL.
You had lots of troubles posting your cartoons. LOL. Where did you previously post that pic of a good bra so we can go see it?

6 lbs !!!! WOW !!!!Oooppss... sorry. I couldn't help myself. LOL
Don't get caught on here... we don't want to lose YOU....only those extra pounds. LOL

Lona... YOU FOUND US !!!!! Make a note and keep it by your computer so it is easier to remember where we are.

Thin....Your part-time job sounds more like FULL-TIME with mandatory overtime.
My daughter made some of your taco soup and it was good... except... it gives me GAS !!!!! LOL LOL... and it is not a laughing matter. LOL

Baylee.... good to see you again. Sleeping till 9:45...a life of leisure.
I am glad you couldn't sleep this time... you have been a woman of few words up till now... I kind of like it when you get more gabby. LOL

Kat...I have heard nothing but good things about Curves. There is a woman in my hometown who lost 145lbs going there. They had her picture in the paper. I was so impressed my her determination to go there while she was still big. Her reward is...she is NOT big anymore.

Jen... You mean to tell me that "MY" Ben and Jerry are PLAYERS !!!!
I am giving them the cold shoulder from now on. "THE NERVE OF THEM !!!"
I am soooo sorry to hear about your back. Been there.. done that. OUCH

Okay ladies... hopefully I did not miss anyone.
Hi Syn... hope you and Michelle are peeking in too.
I have sooooo much to do today. I am calling it Wacky Wednesday. LOL

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 03-20-2002 at 10:25 AM.
Closed Thread