Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-08-2007, 04:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'6"

Red face How long before a weight loss will be seen?

Hi all, I'm new here and I'm not sure if this is the correct link to place my question, but I've been exercising, slow jogging daily for the past week for at least 5.5km daily and i've been controlling my food intake, having mostly salads for the whole week... However, what I dont understand is, instead of losing weight or maintaining, I've actually put on weight!!! And the weight gain is approximately 1 kg/2.205lbs.... What have I done wrong? And another question I have is, how long will it be, before a loss will register? Thanks everyone in advance!
vina6183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #2  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

First of all to 3FC! What kind of Salad dressing are you using? Sometimes eating salad can be misleading and actually packs more calories than a regular meal. I use the Wishbone Salad Spritzers. Only 10 calories per spray. If that's not it, it could be that you are putting on muscle and /or retaining water weight in sore muscles. Muscles is a good thing! Keep on doing what you are doing and eventually the weight will fall off. It can be very frustrating, but it does take time. Sigh...... Also go to Fitday.com and open up an account. It will help you keep track of your calores eaten and calories burned. Alot of us Chicks use it. Good luck!
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

I agree with Diva. It's also very common to gain before you lose. What's your water intake? Watch your salt intake as well. I use all Mrs. Dash products now and don't miss the salt! Your body will hold onto water when exercising, but don't give up. You'll see progress soon!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote