Old 07-03-2007, 06:00 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default Thrown out of Ketosis????

HHHMMM I never dip my urine. But this time I found some sticks and tried it. Oh boy was I excited to see it purple and stay that way. but yesterday I drank a low carb eas shake. did not eat anything different and was thrown out of ketosis. does this happen to anybody else???
nasus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Sue, what color was the stick? if it was a darker shade of pink they say that that is Ketosis as well.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

it was a lovely shade of pink before yesterday then it was a slightly darker shade of tan last evening and this morning. it just now is having a slight shade of pink, and I do mean SLIGHT shade today and All I ate was shrimp!!! (breakfast and lunch) and lots of it.today. did not prepare, so I grabed the first thing I had LOL what a way to go huh???
Old 07-04-2007, 09:11 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Are you losing weight even though the stick is not pink/purple?

You know when I was following atkins...any time I had a shake or something with sugar alcohols in it, it totally screwed up my system.

Try a few days with out any of the Frankinfoods and see what happens.

HUGS !!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

Yea it was only one day that I had the shake. I will have to save them for emergency only, when I can not get yo real food items. I was losing very slowly until just before I had the shake. Then the whoosh fairy came and took some blessings and I dropped a few. so I did not gain in that day but oh my, was it weird. I was so purple then to see it tan!!! I am pink again this morning and very happy. peanutbutter does not bother it. but never again will I take a shake or a few of them unless I have to. Thanks Leenie. I just needed validation. I used to use them all the time, but that was when I was burning 1 hour of cardio and weight lifting daily now I am lucky to get 30 min 4 times weekly. so I need to make the adjustments in my life. That is what this is all about making the adjustments. if this was easy we all would be skinny.

I never dipped before (sounds like snuff ) so this was a new experience for me. but it does help to keep me in line I will have to get more strips. for a while I was dipping 3-4 times daily, until I saw pink. now when I need it I am almost out of strips. but it is a good validation that I am on the right track.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Thats great Sue, I hear you on "adjusting." I'm glad you figured it out and are back on track.

I see your 30th reunion is this year, my 25th is this year as well OY have fun

Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Acutally Leenie I have decided not to go. but I do plan on continuing my weight loss just the same. the decision to stay home has to do with
1. the financial issues. I do not have the money to fron for the trip.
2. I will be going for such a short time it will not be worth the trip.
3. one of my people that i want to go and see would be mary and she is going to a wedding that weekend out of town.
4. My new job I am not sure that I can stand to take more time off that this week that I am going camping.
5. and probably the most important. I do not talk to the people except Mary. not a single person. I was basically a nerd and not very many people even knew who i was. so why go, and why pretend to talk to people that 30 years ago i did not talk to. Yea it is fun to see who has gained weight but then they will be looking at me and saying the same thing. I an not ready tp put my self through that. I thought long and hard about that and really do not have anybody there I really want to see.

it is even worse going to be a joint reunion 1976,1977,1978 so then there will be more people that I really do not care to see.

NOW if anyboy wants to talk about a fat chick low carb get together then there are people that I do want to see and talk to and have a good time.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #8  
Trying to find my way.

PS deep purple this morning. and yes I bought some more!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:35 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

Be careful you don't let the strips discourage you though! I think it's great that you've found something that seems to motivate you Throw me some of that motivation!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:02 PM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

Brenda I know how easily things can discourage you. I am well aware that I can lose with out ever testing but this time this seems to motivate me. that plus the fact that when I started low carb it triggered a migraine from HE##. NEVER to want to experience that again 3 days worth,. and I do not get migraines. I am grasping at anything that will keep me OP and the purple seems to do it this time.

But AWWW thanks for worring!!!
Old 07-07-2007, 08:03 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Sue the 4 chickies I used to hang with in HS I keep in contact with so there is no reason for me to go to my reunion either. I did go to my 10th reunion and nobody recognized me... I went from 300 lbs to 150 lbs and I got to see all the fat jocks and ugly cheerleaders ROFLMFAO!!! Sweet~
But that was enuf for me.

Congrats on being back in the purple... I know how important that is to you and you go girl.

If you ever venture to northern NJ or the pearl river ny area...let me know, I'd love to meet you. Even if its only for a quick hello

Brenda toots... I'm sooooooo glad to see you back.

I really would love to low carb again but dang...I'm so weak I must figure out something to help me b/c I am stuck and can't seem to lose (well thats b/c I'm not trying really...I'm not fooling anyone).

Old 07-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

That's happened to me when I've done the same thing. Knocks me out for up to 3 days if I don't rectify what I've done!

I think I need to go buy some strips: thanks for the reminder!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote