Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 11:37 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default Happy St Patricks Day!!Week of Mar 17!!!

Hello all!!!!Got up this morning with the flu!!Feel like yuck this morning, but not bad enough to stay off the computer!!!!

I lost my list but yeah to someone in the size 6 pants!!!!!!{Bailey????}I am scatter brained this morning soo will post more later!!!!
RR-with the non shiny sink!!!

Last edited by RoadRunner; 03-17-2002 at 11:39 AM.
Old 03-17-2002, 12:01 PM   #2  
Phat Chick

Can you believe I have an eye infection in my left eye. Seems to have started on Friday, and was really bad on Saturday and this morning. The eye drops seem to be making things ease up. I had two last year - the 2nd one started on Xmas Eve

Well I am sure my kitchen sink is shiny - well according to my right eye it is

Hope y'all doing okay.
Old 03-17-2002, 01:52 PM   #3  

HI ALL - HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAY!

I made green hashbrowns for brunch in honor of st. patrick's day - but did not eat any!

I am working on my nighttime eating - that is what is killing me.

I also noticed as soon as aunt flo arrived, I suddenly had a 22 pt day - as opposed to the 31 pt days I've been having. Hmmm.

RR - hope you feel better! Rest up today.

BPB - hope the eye is better!

Rabbit
177.026 miles

Last edited by Rabbit; 03-17-2002 at 04:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #4  

The weekend is already over?? I had a great one enjoying my alone time -- I did miss DH though and was happy when he called to check on me Sat night. It could have been sunnier but then I'd probably be whining cuz I'd be sunburned. Women -- never happy!! I slept in late Saturday, had a nice breakfast, did a few chores, blended up a giant half strawberry daquiri/half pina colada, stuck a cd in my walkman and laid out for almost two hours. It was heavenly!! Now back to the real world though.

Rabbit -- good for you on not eating hb's. I won't tell you all the bad stuff I ate this weekend. Now I've gotta be extra good this week to make up for it.

BPB -- bummer about the eye. Have you been hanging out with Lys's kids? I hope you get to feeling better.

RR -- sorry to hear you're sick. Get lots of sleep and drink lots of fluids!!

Bailey -- CONGRATS!!!! A size 6?? That would be a dream come true for me. I have a size 10 somewhere in the back of my closet. I meant to dig them out this weekend to see how close I am to getting my butt in them. If I go below that the pigs will be flying here.

Okay...I forgot the rest of the stuff that was on the other thread so I'll have to go for now. Have a great day everyone!!
Old 03-18-2002, 12:58 PM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Wow, that was a quick weekend!! We had a great time though. The hotel was nice, but I was expecting more and was disappointed. It was supposed to be a King room, and was Queen...a big disappointment when you have a King at home! They gave us extra dry champagne, and I like the sweet stuff, like asti spumanti, so I called the desk, who called the restaurant and asked. They called me back and said they could give me something different, but it would cost extra!! Forget it, I'll suffer... I just had a sip or two, then ate the chocolate! We ended up just eating dinner at this steakhouse that's supposed to have great burgers. They were OK, but nothing special...glad we didn't spend too much money! Had brunch at the restaurant at the hotel Sunday AM. It was yummy!! They had everything you could imagine! Could've stayed there and eaten all day!! I had way too much, but I also could've been much worse. We went home after brunch and DH sacked out on the sofa. Neither of us slept too well, and not for obvious reasons!! The pillow was too big and fluffy and I kept waking up with a kink in my neck. DH just tossed all night. I guess there's nothing like you're own bed. My mom came over Sunday and we went to Costco and then to see an open house. I was just in the mood to see open houses. Had three picked out to see, but we only made it to one. It was a dumpy little lake area house. It did have an in ground pool though. There was potential, but since I wasn't seriously looking, I didn't get worked up about it. Then DH and I had corned beef, cabbage, little red potatoes and irish country bread for dinner. It was really good...first time I've made that! Mom brought over our wedding cake which has been in her freezer for the year, so we had that for dessert! It actually was not bad at all!! The icing, which was whipped cream, was a little funky, but the cake and choc. mousse filling were fine! I was a little upset because the top layer was supposed to be chocolate with canoli cream filling, so they screwed that up...oh well. And then of course more FEEP last night!!

Liz- Sounds like you had a fairly nice weekend, even though it wasn't everything you planned. Here's to pig's flying!!

Rabbit- Glad you resisted the hashbrowns! What did you do, add a little green food coloring to the potatoes? Glad AF gave you some relief!

BPB- Girl, you are falling apart!! Maybe your sink is shiny because of the glaze over your eye?! Get better and get posting missy!!

RR- Ugh...feel better soon!! And when you do...shine that sink!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 03-18-2002, 02:34 PM   #6  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!

Well my husband and I went out Friday night for a very fattening dinner of french onion soup and ribs and fries. Honestly I ate about 1/3 of the ribs and took the rest home but it was still a huge meal. And since we were treating ourselves we went for ice cream for dessert. It was all delicious. Saturday we splurged a little too, but Sunday we were back on track. I even had my husband hide my scale for a week or so since I was weighing myself everyday and getting upset about not seeing any loss. Maybe this week will help. It's really been about 6 weeks that I've been up and down the same 2 or 3 pounds. So we'll so how this goes. I knew if I just told myself not to get on the scale it wouldn't work so when I went out he hid it for me and it's killing me!!

Lauren - we also went to see some homes but there's a problem when $250,000 gets you crap!!! That's living in the city for you! Sorry you're weekend wasn't as great as you'd hoped but it sounds like you still had fun!

Liz - I'm so envious of your pool/daquiri day - it sounds heavenly and I can't wait for the warm weather here!!

Rabbit - nightime eating is also my problem although I've gotten much much better. But when I crack - it's usually in the evenings. I've also been struggling lately with breakfast. I don't like to have too many points since I tend to eat more later and, other than cereal, I'm not sure so I usually don't eat much which isn't great.

Bailey - size 6!!!!!!!! holy crap that's great. I was excited about my 12's and I got into one pair of size 10's (that must be big). It's funny how different shapes are because when I weighed 140 I was only a 10 or maybe an 8 (if they were big). I'd love to be a six!!!!!!! I'd feel sooooo skinny!

Have a great day everyone!
Elisa
Old 03-18-2002, 03:42 PM   #7  

So, want to hear about my weekend?

Dh picked the van up Friday afternoon, and though it was actually running, it still wasn't running right. But we set out anyway. The more we drove, the worse it got. By the time we made it to sil's town which is about an hr. away, the car sounded like we might not even make it home much less an hour further away, and then back again. So we took pizza to sil's house (veggie with out cheese for me and dh), ate the "cake pudding" I had made out of cnc(my two youngest)'s failed birthday cake. It was good, and dh and I only had a bite. We split up the muffins I had made for breakfast, and then went home. We got up and spent Saturday fixing the van. Luckily, it ended up being a fairly simple problem, and it saved us from a worse disaster camping. Sil woke up Saturday morning with the stomach flu. That would have been horrible if she got that camping. Sunday was spent grocery shopping and picking up the house. Because of the van, I hadn't been able to shop, so we were out of everything.

Well, I hope we have better luck next time we plan to go camping. Dk's love it, and we barely have any trouble out of them while we are camping, so dh and I get a real break.

Elisa - good for you only eating 1/3 of your meal. I am not there yet, I still have a hard time not clearing my plate, especially when the food is good. Don't give up on loosing, because sooner or later the scales will start moving down.

LBH - Sorry your weekend didn't go as expected. But at least you and dh got away. It is always nice to have a change in scenery, even if it is only to make you appretiate your own back yard!!!

Liz - Sounds like your weekend was heaven. But alas, I too would have missed dh.

Rabbit - Way to go on skipping out on the hash browns. Btw, what do you believe?

Bpb - I am sorry, if I spread our families eye germs over the world wide web, but I don't want them back!!! I do hope however, that you do get rid of them soon. And that you will start posting more.

RR - I hope you are feeling better today, and that you will feel even better tomorrow.

Baily - I can only hope that I will see the day, that I fit into size 6 again. You should be very proud. Keep it up, and you will be in a size 3 yet!!!

Well, have to run, I need to go find some motivation to shine my sink, however one marked improvement is that I did get dressed to my shoes, even if it wasn't the minute I got up. (better late than never)

The best shine I ever get on my sink is using Bon Ami, and vinegar!! Stinks, but boy does my sink shine.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:06 PM   #8  

Ok, just found something really cool from FlyLady!

If you want to change your FlyLadyMentors subscription to digest, just send a message to:
[email protected]

To change it to individual emails, just send a message to:[email protected]

There are more great emails and other info on her "Contact us" page.

I just thought that might be easier than the directions I gave earlier. If any of you try it, let me know how it works.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:11 PM   #9  

Announcement: ...I actually got up and exercised this morning!!

Its raining now and I've been packing orders. Need to get Weston's school done for the day. He didn't do any last week being at Grandmas house all week.

O.k., need to get on with it. Will try to post more later, jul
Old 03-18-2002, 06:31 PM   #10  

hello.

Need to make this quick!

Liz - glad you had a fun weekend in the sun!

Lauren - I'm partial to asti also. ~ Yes, I put green food coloring in the hashbrowns.

Elisa - hope I can get this evening thing conquered as you have. Good luck with your breakfast eating - you need to eat something!

Lys - hopefully the next camping trip will work out for you. ~ As for the I believe, I believe that I can do this.

Jul - hooray on the exercise!

Gotta make dinner!

Rabbit
Old 03-18-2002, 08:00 PM   #11  

Just thought I would share with you all the parent site to FlyLady!!!

Sidetracked Sisters Homepage

It is a cool site, and it is where FlyLady got her beginnings. They have some discussion groups too.

I used to be really into their progam, and when I am more back into the swing of things, I will share with anyone who is interested my "Excel" spreadsheet for the journal. It has everything you could ever want for a really nice book. I wanted to make it as a free contribution to anyone who was interested.

Rabbit - I believe you can do it too!!! And, I believe dh and I are going to succeed this time forever!!!

Jul - Good for you. You go girl!!!
Old 03-18-2002, 10:40 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Boy you all have been BUSY around here. I just finished reading all of the posts.

I got home late last night. Our plane was delayed by over 3 hours. Not a lot of fun. We did run into a friend of ours in the PHX airport. It was funny to see him there. I also ran into a girl I went to high school with on the plane. The weather was nice a little cooler than normal but we got lots of sun time.

Lyssalou, thanks for the info on the flylady. I am not sure that I am so interested now that I know it is about cleaning. :-)

Liz, Oh your day by the pool sounds like heaven.

RR, You will have so much fun on your cruise. Congrats on the loose pants.

Lauren, Sounds like the anniversary was fun even with the disappointment of the hotel.

Jul, I got my flying pig today. I LOVE IT! I know it is going to give me lots of motivation sitting on the nightstand. DH loved the whole idea of it. I forget to tell him about it until it showed up today. I am glad I went with the pinkish color.

BFB, I think I will be with you on the slovenly lady site.

Bailey, Awesome job on the pants. I wish I was close to a 10. One day at a time. I guess it is just more motivation to keep these pigs flying.

Rabbit, I bet your painted napkins are cute.

Elisa, Good job on having the H hide the scale. The scale so easily dictates how we are feeling for the day.

Well I have some serious work to do in counteracting the number of liquid points I consumed this weekend so I best be getting on that treadmill.

Nanci
Old 03-19-2002, 07:53 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
WEll, I worked until 11:30 yesterday and went to the DR...It is the sinus infection again and the strep throat.He was able to give me the strong stuff the first time since I am not pg...I then left, picked up #1 from school..made her an appointment at 4pm...picked up #2 from school, took her to the cardioligist for her 1 month heart checkup after surgery...got in a fight with the doctor(I think the advil was wearing off..and he was a butt)
Took us almost 2 hrs to get a 3 minute video echocardiagram of her heart..Man is she strong!!!! I sang Barney and then finally 4 of us held her down!!!I didnt have the strength to go get the chest x ray, soo put that off...Ran #1 to the Dr..then dropped off prescriptions, took them for ice cream and got home and just dropped..Had fever 103 and couldnt move!!!!DH gave me a cool bath, Tylenol my antibiotcs and then rubbed my back and legs which were killing me..I woke up at 6am..he had even called me in sick!!! He is a good man!!!!

Lauren--I am glad U had a get away!!!I love my queen bed!!!Of course, I will have a twin probably on the cruise!!!!
Glad it turned out better than it started!!!!Wow..one year already!!!!I am right behind!!!!

BFB--Take care of that eye!!!Be careful with eye makeup or U can spread it to the other side!!Throw away that mascara and start with a new one!!!!

Nanci--The world traveler!!!!WHere is the next port of call????Glad U had a nice time even though U had to wait in the airport!!Hmmmmm...is there a healthclub in the airports????

Jul--UR one step ahead of me!!!I must excercise when I am better!!I think I will scrapbook today and hopefully finish 2001!!!

lyssa-Glad the van made it!!!Even better that it was easily fixed!!!

Susie Homemaker(Rabbit)-Green hashbrowns???U have more energy than me!!!Will U do pastels on Easter???

HEllo to the others!!!Have a great day!!!
Vicki
Old 03-19-2002, 09:43 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

Finally stepped on the scale this AM, and much to my surprise, I maintained...again. I actually would not have been surprised if it was a gain, as I was not good last week. At least I'm still exercising and still liking it though.

Vicki- Ugh...that sucks...at least you're allowed good strong drugs this time. Hope they kick in and you're feeling betting soon! Don't forget your vitamins too!! DH is a prince!! Glad to hear #2 is doing soo great! And why didn't you get a full or queen bed for your cruise?! What cruise line are you going?

Nanci- You sound like my mom, no matter where she goes, she almost always either sees someone she knows, or meets another nurse/diabetes educator!! It drives us nuts!! Glad you had a good time though.

Lys- Thanks for the link...will check it out later! I would love to see your spreadsheet! I was gonna make one (I love Excel!) but I just haven't had the time lately. Click here to email me! Thanks!

Jul- Congrats on the exercising!!! It was dark and dreary all day here yesterday too. It's beautiful and sunny here today though!

Have a great day all!! I'm actually looking forward to bowling tonight so I can try out my long overdue new bowling shoes!!
Old 03-19-2002, 02:11 PM   #15  
LBH

Any heard this??? I never heard it...how can too much water be bad?! This was in my Flylady digest...

Please keep in mind that too much of a good thing is bad. Do not drink more that 12 ounces in a 30 minute period of time. There is such a thing as water intoxication. Your kidneys can shut down.
Closed Thread