Old 07-04-2007, 07:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Default I am back, too.

I just started back up on LAWL. I had been off plan since just after the holidays. My husband has been sick, so I have been stressed out about that. Then with his illness, we decided we were going to do some traveling while he was able. A 12 night cruise does wonders for the waist line. Then working my 12 hour shifts, it seemed I just could never get to the COD. Then, his illness was stable, so we went on a 3 week trip to Italy. You can imagine that meal plate with the wine added on. Granted, I only gained 10 pounds, but it cut my original loss from 30 to 20 pounds. So here I am. I changed departments at work to go back to 8 hour shifts from 12, we have no more cruises planned until January, and I want to get back my life. I have been back a week and have lost 4 pounds, so that is a start. Next, I have a membership to a health club have not gone since he got sick. I will go tomorrow even if its just to go on the treadmill. I HAVE to start somewhere. I was not even going to post until I saw Pearl's words of wisdom and I was drawn here to write. So.... silly to feel embaressed that I have failed when we all have at several times in our lives. The past is behind me and I will look to these boards for encouragement. Irene
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #2  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

welcome to the board Irene.
sorry you have had some difficulties in your life. I am sure that you will enjoy time spent with us. You will find all kinds of encouragement here, and anything else that you might need as well. Good luck with your program.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #3  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back!!!
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #4  
FBD/8-18-08

Irene - I'm so glad you decided to come back! You're right you know, we ALL have failed at one thing or another, however with LAWL and this decision to make healthy choices and become the healthiest we can be - we only fail if we quit!!! If we make one wrong choice - we can immediately do a U-turn and get right back on the road aiming toward the goals we have set. A wrong choice is merely a detour. How it affects our life is how we handle it. Stay on the wrong road going in the wrong direction or get back on course...
Welcome back on course Irene!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome back Irene. So sorry to hear that your DH has been sick.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome back!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #7  
MayEMT

S/C/G: 160/155/124

Height: 5.4

Wink We can do this!

I think we were all inspired by Pearl, and the others comments. I'm right here with ya to get back on the train. Lets Do THIS!
MayEMT is offline   Reply With Quote