Old 07-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default Do La Lites cause slow weight loss?

My sister ( same size as me) and I are both doing LAWL and I am on red w/lites and she is on red w/ no lites since she is allergic to gluten. My sis asked what she would get instead of the lites and the COD said "nothing, you will have enough calories without them." And the counselor secretly told her that she could lose her job over saying this but " people who don't eat the la lites are more successful!"

I was thinking about this and back in March when I freaked and quit I was so frustrated because I had not lost anything for a whole month. I was exercising 8 hrs per week and the COD's told me they could not change my plan to any les food cause of my exercise. I wonder if I would have dropped down to just one lite per day ( and mark down 2) if that would have made the difference.

I have been back at LAWL for a week and lost 1.6 lbs. It will be interesting to see how soon I hit that plateau again. I just might drop to 1 bar a day and see if that helps.

Has anyone else ever pondered those lites? I do love them cause they are like a candybar to me, but they are so full of sugar. hmmh.........
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/140/133

Height: 5'7

Default I'm Sure

I am sure that you could potentially lose more because you would be cutting calories.

The Lites are the only thing that keeps me going. I love them so much! I can't possibly give them up!! LA Lites keep me sane.
chickflickcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:33 PM   #3  

Height: 5'2"

That is odd that your sister wasn't given more food. Everyone I know that opts not to do the lites is a put on a plan with more food. I tried the plan w/out lites in the beginning, and I was moved from Gold w/Lites to Purple w/o Lites. I quickly decided that I liked the plan better with the Lites. I personally did not see a difference in how quickly I lost weight w/ or w/o the Lites. I am currently on stabilization, and I'm still eating 2 Lites per day.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #4  
it's always something

I've never been on LAWL, but I have talked with counselors a few times over the years because of this website. I was also told by an LAWL counselor that members are more successful without the bars, but they were not allowed to tell them.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #5  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

I don't think I would make it without my Lites! It's like having a candy bar twice a day! I've averaged 4 pounds per week so far - I know it's because I have so much to lose, but I really wouldn't want to lose more than that per week.
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 PM   #6  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I tried the all-food plan for the first half or so of my program, and then switched to lites, and I'm VERY glad I did. I didn't really notice a difference in how fast I lost, but I did find it much easier to follow the plan with the lites to look forward to every day! And it kept me away from the REALLY bad chocolate bars... the kind with 200+ calories, that have minimal protein, don't fill you up, and just leave you wanting more! I know they don't work for everyone, but for me, the lites were a very worthwhile investment.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #7  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

I agree... I really like the lites! I have absolutely no sweet cravings by having them twice a day. I think I'm more likely to stick to a plan that doesn't leaving me craving something than one that makes me feel like I'm being deprived. I don't even miss sweetener in my coffee.
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

If this were the case then why (when they were offering the money-back guarantee) would they guarantee 2 lb weight loss with the bars and the bars only.
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

buffystar - That's one of the many ways they talk you into buying the bars. As long as you're eating those, coming the required number of days per week, and pretty much following the plan, you can take as many weeks as it takes to lose the weight. Of course, this is only for the centers that have the guarantee. Many don't offer that anymore.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 153/139.2/130

Height: 5'5 1/2"

wendy, did you lose all of your weight in the amount of time they said you would? I am on my last 10 lbs and its so hard! Congrats on reaching your goal! That must feel so amazing. That is one reason why I joined LAWL, I know the plan is something I can do for the rest of my life cause I am not hungry. La lites or not, I don't care if the weight is lost slowly cause I feel so good.

I am excited to stay the course and do maintenance!
sparklegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

i don't buy the lites, but use luna bars instead since they pretty much match up to the lite bars. i love the lunas becaues they are so much more healthy and less sugar than the LAWL bars. but my times before on LAWL i did do the bars and they did keep me on track because of my sweet tooth and there may or may not be a little bit of truth in the fact that not eating the bars helps you lose more and quicker, but i guess for some people, they need that sweet treat to keep them from cheating otherwise.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #12  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I really love the lites and they help me stay on track. I don't think they slow down my weightloss at all.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 PM   #13  

Question What is the food exchange for LA Lites

I would like the option to eat regular food when I don't want something sweet. If you get more food when not doing L.A. Lites, what kind of food is it? Can someone tell me what the food exchange is per L.A. Lite?
crnbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

If you don't do the lites, you would move up one color plan.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

I have been with LAWl since Oct 2006 and I have lost a total of 60 lbs so far with 18 more to go, and I have done it without the lites. I opted not to buy them and they have me on the purple plan w/o lites I would be on gold if I was doing the lites. I have averaged over 2 lbs loss each week sometimes a little less some weeks sometimes a little more.
Just my 2 cents

Stacie
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote