Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 07:40 AM   #1  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Angry 21 Day Challenge #2

Quote:
Originally posted by katrinabgood Thanks, Katrina!

I missed my weigh in today...not too upset about that, because I seem to have fallen into the same slump a lot of us around here have found...having said that, I can't believe that I just blithely threw away almost a whole week of good, on program work for a day or two of haphazard eating!

We need a collective kick in the pants to re-energize us and get us back into high gear...Here's what I was thinkin'...

When I belonged to ediets, there was a message board called the "21 day challenge" the idea being that it tales 21 days to form a new habit. You commit to eating within your program, drinking the water and exercising for 21 days. If you slip, you begin again on Day 1. It really was very motivational and really a lot of fun...anyone interested in a challenge? Let me see if I can dig up the rules...

wow! I can't believe I did it without losing my post...must be an omen!

Rules for the 21-Day Challenge

Block 1
1. You must drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day.
2. You must eat from your meal plan or stay in your calorie range for every day!
3. If you go over your calorie allotment, (OR cheat!) you must start over.
4. No exercise is required until your second 21-Day Challenge (block#2), but by all means, if you're already exercising please continue!
5. Your 21 days must be CONSECUTIVE days! That is the whole point in forming new habits.
6. Nothing is wrong with having a yummy snack!! Just make sure you plan for it!! It has to be part of your calorie limit for the day!
7. This works on the "honor" system...no one will monitor you...if you "mess-up", you are only cheating yourself by not beginning again! The importance behind this challenge is to have 21 consecutive days of self control!!
8. What do the numbers mean that you see by peoples' names?? They stand for DAY/POUNDS LOST/BLOCK. 1/0/1 is Day 1, 0 pounds lost, Block 1.
9. Once you have finished block #1 (the first 21 days) you will progress to block #2...

Block 2
Same as block 1 + 20 minutes of exercise 5x/week

Block 3
Same as Block 1
+ increase to 30 minutes of exercise 5x/week
+ toning exercise for at least 15 minutes 3x/week
+ must post inches lost

Block 4
ON YOUR OWN... no rules except for the ones you set for yourself... it's time to turn this plan into your plan... you should state your rules and follow them for 21 days... repeat this as many times as necessary until you are at your goal.
Good luck to you as you complete your journey! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It all starts with a single step... and following with a new one each day!!

What do you think? I'm just trying to shake things up a bit around here...

I'm up for the challenge, ARE YOU?
Old 03-18-2002, 07:48 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning, Blockettes!

Well, I woke up cranky this morning! DH better run! He wants to take a trip to Toronto next week, 2 - 20 hour days of driving and then stay with his mother. NOT the most relaxing or fun vacation. I don't want to go at all. I'd love to have the DH-free time at home to dance to the beat of my own drum. So I'm pushing the idea of him flying up and me staying here. Don't know if he'll go for it, though...

Not feeling particularly inspired, tired and achy from the gym, so I don't know what i'll do to get in an extra little triumph today. I've got to tether myself to the desk and get some work done, too, which is likely contributing to my crankiness.

On with the day, any old how It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Have a great day, Blockettes! Let's make it a good one!

xo
babette
13/212 (-3)/1
Old 03-18-2002, 10:34 AM   #3  

There is a theme developing on the last thread.....and that would be that weekends suck. Yes, I am on day 1 yet again. It's my fourth day 1 in a row. I have a pretty busy day, not to mention week, so I should be OK until the evil weekend again. My back is better, but is still a bit sore. I will just do some light aerobics today. I don't want to push my luck.

My question is, do we only count weight lost since the current day one? Or do we count the weight lost since we started trying this challenge? When I post my numbers would it look like 1/2/1 or 1/0/1??

Jen
Old 03-18-2002, 11:07 AM   #4  
a work in progress...

Hmmmm...with all of our "Day Ones" we'd NEVER see any progress, so my vote is to report weight loss from the beginning of the challenge (or maybe by month or I'm not sure...)any one else have any thoughts on this?

Glad your back is feeling better, Jen, take it easy! I guess we need 5 really good days in a row to offset those two devilish weekend days!

Babette, I'd take a big PASS on 40 hours of driving just to stay with my MOTHER IN LAW!?! I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with hot pokers

Chickadee...I'm definitely better during the work week and I was even better when I worked NORMAL day shift hours...but I guess that's just all part of the overall change we must make in our attitude towards food as "sustenance vs recreation."

Malia...did you finish your project? Did you eat all your strawberries? I tried to grow them once, but some "wascally wabbits" ate every last one! Gonna try a hanging basket of them this year, but the birds will probably get them! Much easier buying them!!

I've been on this computer WAY TOO LONG NOW! I must go be productive...

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-2002, 11:57 AM   #5  

Smile Eyes gouged out with hot pokers....

Hey, that doesn't sound so bad. Maybe if I ask DH he will give me the option.... No, I couldn't be that lucky
Old 03-18-2002, 02:05 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default Movin' Malia over...

I hope you don't mind Malia...I moved your post to the newer thread so that we can ALL check out your progress! Great job!

Good Morning,

I had to measure/weigh in for another thread. Here's my numbers:

date............1/13/02........... 2/23/02..........3/18/02
weight............249..................245........ .........243
up chest.........43....................42.5.......... ......41.5
chest..............49....................48.5..... ............48
midriff.............46....................44.5.... .............43
waist..............43.5.................43.5...... ...........42
stomach.........52.5..................52.......... .........50.5
hips................48.5..................49...... .............47.5
l/r thigh........26.5/27.............26/26..............26/26.5
l/r calf...........17.5/18..........17.5/17.5...........17.5/18
l/r arms......15.75/15.25.....15.25/15.25.......15.25/15

Although the weight is not dropping off, I am losing inches in my middle area. Hopefully, one day the scale will reflect it too.

Have a great day,
Malia
1/243/1
Old 03-18-2002, 06:59 PM   #7  

Question Trying to get a grip...

Today continued much as it started, I was out-of-sorts all day. Had a couple of impulses to say the **** with it all and have some kind of a sugar treat this aft, but I didn't. Didn't do much positive, either though. Had my 3-mile walk this morning, but didn't manage to get any amount of work done today, just not being productive. Tomorrow must be different, which is why I'm posting now instead of the morning. I have to devote myself to work all day tomorrow. Ick. But if I'm not going to enjoy my day, I might as well get stuff done. And I know that if I do i'll feel better, anyway.

Decided to get some laundry done tonight, loaded the washer and it filled and then just quit. DH can't see if there's a problem with the fuses, because they seem to be mislabled. Maybe in the morning, after the clothes have had a good soak. Been that kind of a day. At the supermarket this morning, I decided to buy myself some yellow flowers (maybe daffodils) to put in my cobalt blue glass vase. But when I got to the flower section, there was nothing there but empty buckets! I don't know if they just hadn't put the flowers out yet or what -- never saw that before

ANYWAY -- I made it through the day, and tomorrow will be # 14. I'm going to the gym for 30 min cycle + 30 min circuit training, and then later I'm walking over to my sisters (only about a mile) for lunch. Now I'm going to go run a mop over my kitchen floor, so I feel like the day wasn't a total write-off.

Sweet dreams, Blockettes, and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

xo
babette
13/212 (-3)/1
Old 03-19-2002, 12:43 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,

Day 1: did well today. followed a 1400 calorie plan and did sweatin to the oldies I. Tomorrow will up to 2000 calories (Wendie plan) and weight lift. Everyday I'll alternate. Let's see if my metabolism kicks in.

Congratulations, Babette, on the 13th day. You're 8 days away.

Did anyone of you post on ediet.com? I was looking at the website and found it very similar to 3fc.

Jen, welcome to the day 1 club. I hope I can complete day 2 tomorrow. I have the whole week at work to get on plan.

Kat, I'm not finished with my project. It's been raining. And anyhow I had to stop at the shop to change a bolt or something. Then I did Richard after that. Maybe tomorrow. I'll slap it together. Embarrassing elementary woodshop. I'm eating strawberries galore. I ate a tangerine from Florida. Supersweet.

"The beginning of all things are small." -----Cicero

Keep on moving,
Malia

Last edited by prism; 03-19-2002 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2002, 10:41 AM   #9  

Well, still can't do the exercise because of my @#$%&* back. On the up side, I did stay withing my calories yesterday and drank plenty of water so I've finally made it to day 2. HURRAY!!

Good luck to everyone today. I'll be back later,
Jen
2/-2/1
Old 03-19-2002, 06:22 PM   #10  

Smile 2/3 of the way 'round the block!

Hi Blockettes! I am making my way through here. I'd love to see another loss soon to motivate me, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well. Got in all my exercise and water today and did an extra session (yoga) which could count for my triumph of the day

Hope you're all doing great. I know that I'm going to be here for a long time, 21 days after 21 days after 21 days, but eventually...I'll get there.

Sweet Dreams, Blockettes! Hmmm.... I could go to bed right now, but I guess I'd better get some work done.

xo
babette
14/212 (-3)/1
Old 03-19-2002, 08:17 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

Hey blockettes...

I'm on Day 3! No change on the scale, but I have a shirt on that used to be UNBUTTONABLE on the bottom button! Little victories make me SO happy!

I'm taking off from Weight Watchers for a while...will still follow the points system, but have decided to give "Curves" a try. Seems to give me more for my $$$ than the $12.00/week I'm handing over to watch the same 4 lbs go up and down. It's a quick workout, designed to give you 90 min workout in 30 minutes time! I was reading about it on the "Exercise" forum and most people there seem thrilled with it. My sister in law has had some great results with losing inches, so I figured what have I got to lose? (DUH! Inches, of course!) They do a history and weigh and measure you, and a body fat analysis... and then check you again monthly. You can go as many times a week as you want, though they recommend at least 3 times/week. You are literally in and out of the place in about 35 minutes. I'm psyched! Will still stay with the challenge...I'm gonna do it! LOOK OUT!

babette, 14 days! Give yourself a big pat on the back! I'm so proud of you!

Malia, I used to use the ediets website, mostly for the forums, and weighed in weekly for a while...I liked it, had a great group that I posted with and somehow we all just kind of drifted apart... I liked weighing in, they had graphs to show your progress and diet plans to follow...you do pay for it, but if you became a "coach" to a newbie just to show them the ropes and encourage them, they waived the $10.00 monthly fee...I coached 2 girls and they dwindled out on me too...I am still able to access the site though, so I go back occasionally to see what's happening...I like 3FC better though.

Jen, have you been to a doctor for your back? Is this a chronic thing? I hope not. I know so many nurses who suffer with back problems, an occupational hazard! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Where's chickadee today? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Gotta run...bed is calling, work tonight...

Catch you all tomorrow!
Old 03-19-2002, 09:48 PM   #12  

Smile I had my weigh-in today

Hey blockettes!
I had my weigh in today!
Lost 2 pounds this last week.
I just dropped in to let you know, then I am going to bed.
Take care!
Chantal Day 3/155.2(2)/1
Old 03-19-2002, 10:45 PM   #13  

I've survived day 2!! And you know what?? I don't even have to kick myself too bad for the weekend. Even though I was eating badly, I still journaled all the calories. Well, having the "Wendy Plan" on my mind, I added up all the calories for the week and divided them by seven and when it's averaged out, it's not so bad!! It came to 1600 calories a day that way. I want to stay below 1500, so that is still over, but not as devistating as it felt.

Katrina: No insurance so no doctor. I just got the paperwork from my DH to get my military Tricare coverage, and I will take care of that next week. I've had problems with my back ever since I hurt it at work a couple of years ago. At the time I was unloading cargo from aircraft and a 265 pound package that I was easing on to the rollers slipped and MAN did I ever get twisted and yanked. 6 weeks of physical therapy for that one. Every now and again it comes back to haunt me out of nowhere. This time hasn't been as bad as most. Usually I am utterly bedridden.

HOORAY for you Chickadee!! Good job!!
And Babette... YOU are AMAZING!! MEGA will power!!

Anyhoo, I'm off for now. Talk at you tomorrow,
Jen
2/-2/1
Old 03-20-2002, 01:48 AM   #14  

Hi everyone,

Day 2. Did very well. I'm also on the wendie plan. yesterday 1400. today 2000 (weightlifted today). tomorrow 1200. I'll be lean and mean tomorrow. It's been pretty interesting. Varying my caloric intake from day to day hasn't been as depriving.

This week is my fourth week exercising 5x a week. I noticed a big difference in my middle area. Feels good. My energy level has shot up during the work week.

Katrina, my sister belongs to curves too. She likes it. Never having lifted weights before, she likes that workout. I have free weights at home and all my past charts from twelve years ago. It totally relaxes you. I got my collage video catalog in the mail. I'm going to buy the leslie sansone video and yoga for dummies.

Jen hope you feel better soon. I've experienced that bedridden back pain. To turn over you have to inch your body over and grasp the corner of the mattress. Going to the bathroom is a nightmare I'll never forget. And going to work like nothing's wrong is too. It's been over two years and I'm very careful. I'm trying to do situps to support my back. It's scary though.

Babette, keep up the good work. 14 days, wow. I wish I had an ounce of your commitment. Exercise is easy, but eating is difficult for me.

Sweet dreams,
Malia
Old 03-21-2002, 03:44 AM   #15  

Hi everyone,

Alls quiet on this thread today. I lost another pound. Yippee. And my TOM didn't make an appearance yet. I passed day 3 of the block. I was on 1200 calories today and exercised to Groovin in the House w/richard. Tomorrow I'll up my calories to 1800.

See ya tomorrow,
Malia
Closed Thread