Old 06-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #1  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

Default Question

My center keeps talking about the "new plans" that LA is rolling out over the next 4 weeks. It is all very hush hush...the counselors say they don't really know what it is yet. Has anyone heard this from your centers?
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

We're not gettin' anything new down here. I just asked today. And the COD manager said she didn't know anything about cookies, either. darn.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:10 PM   #3  
Katy66

They are trying to sell "portion plates" and some sort of fiber supplement. Probably just a gimmick to sell more stuff. I love the plan and am losing the way I want to, I just get tired of the some of the hard sales they try to do.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Someone (Letisha?) mentioned the plates too. I guess it's part of the new "no measuring" plan I've heard about on this site.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:33 PM   #5  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

At my center we have a new plan that came out this week. There is no plate involved. It is called Free To Live, some of the servings have changed. I am on Gold with lites, I now get 2 1/2 servings of protein instead of 2, 2 servings of dairy instead of one, 2 servings of fruit instead of three, 3 starches instead of 2. (Kind of sounds like the GoldII plan from what I've heard on here) They also changed a few food things...small (whole) bananas are now 1 fruit. They have regular whole wheat bread, light english muffins (whole )are 1 starch...stuff like that.

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:43 PM   #6  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboysnme2 View Post
At my center we have a new plan that came out this week. There is no plate involved. It is called Free To Live, some of the servings have changed. I am on Gold with lites, I now get 2 1/2 servings of protein instead of 2, 2 servings of dairy instead of one, 2 servings of fruit instead of three, 3 starches instead of 2. (Kind of sounds like the GoldII plan from what I've heard on here) They also changed a few food things...small (whole) bananas are now 1 fruit. They have regular whole wheat bread, light english muffins (whole )are 1 starch...stuff like that.

KimS
Ohh I like the whole small banana for a fruit! And a whole english muffin! I wonder if they will be switching up here.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #7  
Katy66

Thanks for the info! This is a great site, I'm glad I found it
Old 06-29-2007, 06:15 PM   #8  

When I mentioned the rumors of the new plan to a counselor I'm pretty friendly with, she told me the only thing "new" was the 8 week body makeover which in her words "isn't anything new to this center". Which it wasn't, they pushed using the slimdowns after doing TO ever since they first introduced the slimdowns a few years ago. However, her slight hesitation before saying this and the look she gave me has me thinking they are under an information embargo!
Melissa
videochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboysnme2 View Post

KimS
Kim,
Did they differentiate between the 100 calorie English Muffins and the normal "lite" muffins? The lites are usually 110-120 calories, depending on the brand, and the whole wheat muffins I've seen are in the 130-140 range..

Good news about the whole wheat bread, especially since that's how I've been counting my two slices of double fiber bread..

But no news on the sonic green chile and sausage breakfast burritos? Bummer...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 07:09 PM   #10  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Nope, sorry Dan, no breakfast burrito yet!

I'm looking at my new book and under starch regarding the english muffins it says "English Muffin, light ......1 This program has a "Feel Full Focus" It also has another place that says Fiber - Your Top 5 The following tables indicate the top 5 choices for fiber in fruits, vegetables and grains. Under that it lists English Muffin, light whole-grain.....1. It aslo has popcorn, don't know if the other book had that but I was pretty excited to see it!

KimS
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote