Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Addicted after only 4 days?

Can you say that I am addicted to exercise after only 4 days of dieting? I did my WATP 2 mile video every other day or so the last time I was losing but since I decided to get back on track Sunday morning I haven't taken a day off.

I ran for the first time Sunday. Not much but I ran none the less. And I power walked a good 3 miles or more.

Monday I took my girls swimming and ran though the water pulling them around.

Tuedays I started the Couch to 5K thing.

Today was supposed to be my day off. I know it's not good to exercise too much either but I felt like a bum sitting here. My hubby is gone and my kids are sleeping so I got up and tried my new WATP Abs 3 mile video. It was a blast. I'd do it again if I didn't stink so bad! LOL!

Am I over doing it? I'm sure I won't stay on this track but 5 days a week is ok right? I won't do 7.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I think as long as you take a day off now and then your fine. I aim for 7 days a week knowing full well I have to take a day off now and then. So it usually ends up being 6 days a week. This way there is A) no question IF I will exercise and B) No guilt when I do take the day off. You don't sound like your over doing it but the important part is to listen to your body.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #3  

My body is feeling awesome right now but it will be kicking and screaming in the morning!

When does that go away? How long do I have to exercise before my body is used to it and it's not sore for so long? I expect some soreness but not like "can't even walk" sore.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:16 PM   #4  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

That first inital body shock of soreness when you start exercising usually lasts about a week for me... You could be different though. I know that feeling though... the one where you feel like you'll fall flat down on your face walking down the steps you're so sore!

Once you get into the swing of it you will end up getting sore now especially when trying something new. (This isn't a bad thing it means your likely building muscle!) I've found those don't last as long usually a day or two it's just latic acid build-up. Drink plenty of water and it won't be as bad.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:20 PM   #5  

You know it. I almost feel down the steps at work today when my leg completely gave out. It was bad.

And I have been drinking a lot of water. I make sure I get at least 100 oz each day. Yesterday it was so hot at work I had almost 200! I sweat a ton though and really needed it.