Old 06-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Default Just want to back slap her and say join

I know someone who wants to lose more then 100lbs , from what she said.

She applied for the job before the COD opened up, they said, "Well we can put you on the plan and then after 6 months consider you for hire". they would charge her 170.00 plus bars if she used the bars. SHe is unsure if she should do it or not. She is bothered by they are not hiring her because of her weight.
I said , Well think about it if you walked in to a weight loss center and saw someone who MAY need to lose 100lbs would you wonder if the program works??? I would

She said, well you have to weigh in2xs a week and blah blah blah. I told her you have a chance of a life time to do teh program at a VERY LOW COST.
That she should take it and run with it and worst is you are not hired best is you lose a bunch of weight!

She decided to go in Saturday FINALLY. I guess she is suppose to start next week. I think she needs to save some $$$ up this week.

She talks and talks how she wants to do this and keeps putting it off. I guess she just is not in the sameplace as me. I just want to slap her in the back of the head like in the V-8 commericals and say DO IT!
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:02 AM   #2  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Wow...what a great opportunity for her! I hope that she can get her mind into it and be a success story! You are right, job or no job, she's getting a great deal.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

unfortunately we cannot make people do what is right for them.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 11:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Oh I know I just wish she would do it, but I told her point blank. If your not ready do not invest in doing it why waste the money. I told her she needs to be ready to step up to the plate and a say i want to be healthier, eat better and teach good habits to her kids. I told her after the first week I was sooo much happier then I had been in a long time.

I think thats why she went on saturday so hopefully she sticks it out.
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:18 AM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Wow Steph, I hope that it works out for her. Think of how many people she could help to motivate if she does lose the weight and goes to work there. We used to have a girl at our COD named Darci who had lost nearly 100 lbs, and had quite a lot more to go. I absolutely loved her, she was the only one that I wanted to see. She understood the the program inside and out, and she really related. If you said you were struggling, she had real suggestions and empathy, not cookie cutter answers. What a cool opportunity your friend has to help herself and help other people. I agree with you, I have been so much happier since I have been on the plan. I am constantly trying to help my friends, family, and coworkers to lose weight, because they are always asking me questions about what I am doing and what works for me. It feels as good to see them lose as it does to lose myself.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #6  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

I hope she joins, but you're right. If she isn't ready to totally commit to it then there is no sense in wasting the money.

At my center, there are a few heavier people that are on the program. One counsellor has her before and after pictures in her office and has a framed graph of her losses (and gains) throughout the process. She used to work in a bank and when she got to her goal, she quit and now works at LAWL because she wants to help people. She's my favorite to see. She totally understands any issues I bring up....some of the others aren't and never have been heavy so I don't think they truly understand the frustration of being super careful, following the program and seeing a gain.

I hope your friend joins. That is a great opportunity. Let us know what she decides to do and how she makes out on the program if she joins.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:17 AM   #7  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

sounds like a great opportunity for your friend.
the truth of the matter though is - if she isn't ready to make the commitment to lose weight - she won't stick with it and it will be a waste of her money. Maybe you should show her this site and some of the posts, and some of the before and after pictures of people on here who have had great success. (or even print some things off for her to read) Thats what keeps me motivated.

Good Luck.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote