Old 06-25-2007, 06:06 AM   #1  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Default Weekly Chat 6/25 - 7/1

Morning all!!

It was so good to see my son come across the sidewalk at the airport I have missed him soooo much..i will have some time off this week to spend doing things with him. I think we will go to the atlanta aquarium, its awesome and then maybe whitewater or the world of coke...we will see. he spent the weekend with his friends getting caught up with them, but for the time im off work, he is all mine!! one of his buddies is going into basic training in a couple weeks, his best friend really, and i dont bedgrudge him at all spending time with his friend. me = good mama

I stepped on the scale this morning and got 268.5 and then got 270....so i guess my scale is on the fritz. my groc store has a scale back by the pharmacy, guess i will need to weigh there from now on to get a accurate number. But for today....im claiming the 268.5!!!

Have a good day all....Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Another day and new week to get with the program.Now that the weekend birthday celebration is over I can't get back to what I'm, on this board for.Losing weight and getting healthy or is it visa versa

Jae-Happy that you have your son back with you,enjoy all the things you have planned for this visit.Big congrats on your 1.5 lb loss. Hope you scale adjusts fast,so you won't have to rely on the grocery store scale.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 AM   #3  
Going to ONEderland

Good morning, frustrating here. I need to get back on plan, I'm already messing it up too much, but yesterday was annoying. All day I hardly ate anything it seemed like, went to bed very hungry and woke up this morning to weigh to find that the scale is higher than all of last week's average.

I can't understand it. I was exhausted yesterday from all the work I did and from not fueling my body well. And still the scale is punishing too. I should know better by now. Low carb is the only thing that really seems to work for me, and I just haven't been to the grocery store to be prepared to stay with it. I was too tired and too busy to go all weekend.

Today starts another work week. Hubby isn't much help around the house, and a lot of the time his work week is much shorter than mine. I asked him to do the grocery shopping and he refused to do it. Or at least indicated that he wouldn't. I think he will if I talk to him again about it, but he can be so dense sometimes. Doesn't see beyond his nose when it comes to what other people are enduring.

The good news is he's taking the pills I bought him and planning to quit smoking. Has next Sunday as his quit date. Hope it works this time. They weren't cheap pills, but if it eliminates the need for more cigarette buying it is definitely worth it.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Jae~ Enjoy your son!!

off today, and going to get some work done around the house. It has been neglected a bit too long.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #5  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday, ladies! (It is not a contradiction, lol.)

I had a wonderful weekend with the hubby, and I'm hoping the extra sleep I got will help me finally kick this cold that's been hanging on for about two weeks. Ugh.

Well, fresh from coming "back" to Atkins, I promptly went and screwed it up one night by having junk food. I blame the fact that I had a couple of drinks--stupid--and my judgment was impaired. However, I got right back on the horse and am down four pounds overall, and (thank heavens) am not having any sugar cravings due to the slip. Best of all, I poured out the liquor we had left and have resolved not to buy any more. Don't need that stuff anyway!

Whew, I rambled there. Jae, I hope you and your son have a GREAT time together. The aquarium really sounds like a winner; I'm going to the zoo this weekend myself.

BB, I'm so glad you had a good time celebrating your birthday! Good luck getting back "on track"; I know you can do it!

Sherry...*hugs* I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now. I won't go on about how much returning to plan will help you, because you already know that, but know that I'm here supporting you! (And giving Hubby a mental kick in the butt to make him start helping more, lol.)

Robin, I feel for you on the housework. I need to go vacuum mine, and I don't wanna! Seems like the vacuum kicks up more dust than it eats, and it gets my allergies going something fierce. Yuck.

Have a great day, everyone, and make good choices!
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi ladies,

Sherry I can definitely identify with your problem. I am planning to have a family meeting this evening regarding not getting any help around here. I'm tired of doing the laundry for all 6 of us. Tired of cooking 3 times a day. Tired of doing dishes 3 times a day. Tired of picking up blankets, pillows and junk from my living room everyday while all the kids and DH aren't lifting a finger. DH is getting to where he is playing party poker on the computer constantly and having someone bring his dinner and his beers to him. I guess I'm just gonna have to put my foot down. This bunch is getting to dang Lazy and I'm feeling like a MAID.

Tonite, I'm babysitting the 2 grandsons (ages 3 and 1)overnight. If DH comes to the computer room and shuts the door and ignores them, the FIGHT is on.

OMG< I just heard one of the kids start up the vacuum. Could it be for real? I think I might just fall out of my chair. I wasn't aware they even knew we Owned a vacuum. LOL.

Well, I'm back on plan again with food and exercise. Excuses are over. All the births are done and the kid's birthdays too. So, time to kick it up a notch and take off the 3 extra lbs. that are clinging to my tummy. Of course, with all the housework and yardwork, at least I haven't been gaining anymore.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #7  
Still Fighting

S/C/G: 284/281/270

Morning all!!

I will have wed and thurs off this week to spend with my son before he has to go back to alaska. ive planned a trip to the aquarium for him, weve been but that the kind of thing i can go to more than once! its awesome, i cant wait!

since he has been home ive been thinking about me and DH flying up to see him in a few months. ive never flown and i am terrified of the thought of getting on a plane..any wisdom out there for me? what if i dont fit in the seats? what if my restless leg syndrome makes me crazy on the seven hour flight? what if i go crazy and cant make myself get on the plane? see? i am a nut....i warned yall....i am truly a control freak and a scardey cat.

i want to do it because:
i love my son and he will be going back to Iraq in january
its a good oppritunity to see alaska, something few people get to do
its a beautiful state and lots of outdoors stuff to do
i can use it to reward myself for getting healthy
i love my son
i need a real vacation
facing my fears is a good thing
letting go of control is a good thing for me

sorry guys, i needed to ramble on this subject....

i gotta run, i will chat more later.....Jae
jaesueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Just popping in to say hello to my low carb lovely ladies

to an OP day
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Off again this morning to pick up DH eyeglasses,he didn't want to wait around for 3 hours,so back again today.I'm also have a canasta game to go to this afternoon. Have a busy day ahead,going to lite again today,as the humidity is going be around for several days before it blows out to sea.

So far the scale when down 1.5 with this lite eating,and after my birthday bash at the Clam Shack eating fried clams & French fries. Gained 2 lbs and now its .5 left.

Sherry-I can relate to your frustrations. We've all been there but,going to bed hungry,is not a good idea. You should have some kind or allowed snack. When you don't but fuel in a car it can run properly and eventually will stop. Our body's work somewhat like that,and the scale won't be your friend either.Sorry about you DH not going grocery shopping for you. Here to a better week.

Cally-Had a great time,but like I posted above I lost 1.5 from my celebrating gain.,hope it goes down further by the end of the week when I w-i.

Jae-We're been to Alaska and its one of our beautiful states,but we went on a cruise, we only flew to Vancouvour and meet the cruise there. I have to tell you the planes are smaller than they used to be. They use the jumbo jets for over seas flights.,and there no food on these flights either,and its very hard to get a non stop these days also.As far a safe it safer than driving in a car.

Have to get ready to go with DH to pick up shis glasses.
Will post later after my card game.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Morning All-

Jae- I'm glad you get to spend time with your son. Enjoy it.

BB-Congrats on your loss the last .5 will be gone before you know it.

Robin, Lily. Cally,Leenie have a great day ladies

I am having a ood week so far. I made an awesome cucumber salad that is low carb yesterday. I am enjoying it for lunch today . Here is hoping the scale is nice tomorrow.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:55 PM   #11  
Hello Friend

S/C/G: 230/205/140

Height: 5'7"

Good mornin'
I'm a little frustrated with myself today. DH left his peanuts on the coffee table again yesterday and I just had to have some, and by "some" I mean a lot. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. I'm back on track today. My sister and nephew are comming to visit for a few days, I'm always excited to se my nephew, he is so sweet. I realy want to be 100% OP the whole time they are here, I cant afford anymore days off if I'm going to meet my next goal. I need to get my butt off this stupid computor and get some things done around the house.
I hope your all having a better day than me.
Puncezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:03 PM   #12  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Hi ladies,

Puncezilla, I sympathize; peanuts are one of my weaknesses. I can easily eat half a can of those Planter's cocktail peanuts without even realizing it, so I have to just stay away. Portion control is NOT my strong suit when it comes to those.

I am having a bit of trouble with depression today. No reason for it; just feeling really hopeless. After all the weight gain I had when I was on Lexapro, plus the fact that after a while it made me suicidal (!!!), I'm not really eager to try any other medication. I think I mainly just need to get up and get moving a bit.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:37 PM   #13  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Jeez, I didn't mean to bring you all down!

Where are you, ladies?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi Cally-

How's it going tonight? Feeling any better?
I had a decent enough day. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow and enjoying my week off.
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 05:39 AM   #15  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Hi Nikki,

Thanks! I did start feeling better (and your message helped too). Good luck with your weigh in!